AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Rang AIB yesterday they said it had been posted the day before so I would have it today and .... nope. I’ve had lots of dealings with AIB over the years and the amount of lies they have told me is incredible from bank tellers right up to management. It’s obviously a culture in there. I moved all my banking from them last year so this is my last dealing with them. Well apart from my complaint.

You couldn't make this up. I rang AIB and the chap on the phone told me that the cheques were issued on Tuesday but .... here's the kicker ... they went into the internal mail system and not An Post. They had to rectify this issue and they are only going out now!!!!

No point in complaining to the guy on the phone, it wasn't his fault, but I'm in the process of writing yet another complaint letter to them.

The incompetence is breathtaking.

I'm adding this to (1) the time the lost my late fathers will down the back of a filing cabinet (2) the time they lost the valuation report that they carried out on my house and now (3) the time they lost the cheque.

:mad: :mad::mad::mad:

You must be making that up!
You couldn't make this up. I rang AIB and the chap on the phone told me that the cheques were issued on Tuesday but .... here's the kicker ... they went into the internal mail system and not An Post. They had to rectify this issue and they are only going out now!!!!

No point in complaining to the guy on the phone, it wasn't his fault, but I'm in the process of writing yet another complaint letter to them.

The incompetence is breathtaking.

I'm adding this to (1) the time the lost my late fathers will down the back of a filing cabinet (2) the time they lost the valuation report that they carried out on my house and now (3) the time they lost the cheque.

:mad: :mad::mad::mad:

100% true they were issued to another distribution centre in error Wednesday. Only with An Post now today so they are now saying they should be out with us next week.

Do you know is that all outstanding cheques ? I rang them Wednesday but I was told it would be next week when cheques would be sent out .

Do you know is that all outstanding cheques ? I rang them Wednesday but I was told it would be next week when cheques would be sent out .
Not sure, maybe best to ring them again and ask that they confirm if yours is gone out today.

Same here. Just off the phone for the 3rd time this week. And about the reissuing of the cheques... was told they were sent on Monday and then on tuesday and then today was told about this internal mail debacle!
They really are not covering themselves in any glory at all... complete incompetence. A manager is due to ring back - wait and see if that will actually happen!

I received a call this evening from the FSPO helpline advising that they made an error, shock horror!, the cheque was issued solely too me and not split as it should have been, joint mortgage, so the cheque that we have eagerly waited for and lodged last Tuesday isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on :mad:
I explained it had been lodged and tomorrow is day 5 so due too clear, the rep couldn’t advise if it will clear. I was standing beside my partner and we advised that he was happy too leave it in my name as we have a joint account & I would split it with him but she has to confirm with a manager and call back tomorrow. The gift that keeps on giving ...

Nothing here either but my understanding from speaking to them Fri was that post was only with An Post then for distribution so I half expected to be disappointed anyways today. Hopefully tomorrow they will arrive.

Back