AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Nothing here either... we closed the mortgage account in question last year. Husband onto the helpline now but I don’t expect to get any useful info from them!!

Following the above the helpline told my husband that our letter was sent Monday. He could not confirm the address it has gone to or any of the details only that it has gone. I really don’t get it. If the letter is gone surely they can see it on our records! We moved from the house that the mortgage in question was on so we obviously don’t want it goi. There which we advised them months ago. So another day waiting to see if it arrives tomorrow!

Nothing here either.... so I rang the helpless line too and was told that it was posted on 31st... I see from another thread of the 300 that their letter was dated 27th so I'm really hoping that it will be here tomorrow...

If anyone here is still with AIB and their mortgage is due on the 31st of August, I would like to see what they would do if you didn't pay them and tell them "the cheque is in the post"

No cheque here either. Rang several times confirmed name address etc and kept getting the same response it’s on the way. My husband rang yesterday and apparently they have a different address for him. We have a joint account with AIB and our mortgage is still with AIB. He verified on the phone the correct address, rang again today to be told it was only being calculated today would not be posted until tomorrow so probably won’t have the cheque until Monday. This is very frustrating as every time I rang no one mentioned they was any issue with the address.

Rang today and was told it was in the post.

If they wanted to agitate people into taking a case in the high court, they are doing an A1 job of it!

3/9 and still no cheque what a joke shop AIB are

I just rang them as I am also waiting and was told a few have been delayed and are not yet posted (this despite the fact that they rang me last Monday to say it was going out that day. And also despite the fact that when i first spoke to the helpline this morning they started the conversation telling me all letters were sent out by last Monday)

Despite being assured mine was posted yesterday, nothing in the post today.

If it does not land tomorrow, I'll call the "helpline" and ask to escalate the issue.

As pedestrian as that sounds, I cannot think of anything more that can be done at present. If anyone has any immediate action ideas, I'm all ears.

Take a picture of the franking on the envelope when it arrives, as this will show the date that the letter was actually posted. Dont mind the date on the actual letter as it will be dated 31st august or prior just so AIB can claim they were within the timelines.

Take a picture of the franking on the envelope when it arrives, as this will show the date that the letter was actually posted. Dont mind the date on the actual letter as it will be dated 31st august or prior just so AIB can claim they were within the timelines.
The envelopes aren't franked. I got mine yesterday and they're "Postage Paid Licensed Envelopes".
In any event, the 31st August date seems to be an AIB self-imposed deadline, so nothing much hinges on it (other than the credibility of the bank).

I have just received mine, finally! Thank you Brendan for this life changing situation.
May2009 sorry do you mind me asking what date was on your letter please, as I was told by AIB that they had posted it on Monday 31st and I've still not received it. Thanks

Hi all, can anyone advise if there is any tax to be paid on the payment from AIB? From our personal circumstances we also received TRS on our mortgage interest payments, any risk that this would need to be partially refunded due to interest refund on capital write down?
Thanks!

Hi all, can anyone advise if there is any tax to be paid on the payment from AIB? From our personal circumstances we also received TRS on our mortgage interest payments, any risk that this would need to be partially refunded due to interest refund on capital write down?
Thanks!
The bank is responsible for this. They must repay any overpayment you received as this was their error.

I got my cheque just now (postman was very badly delayed). Thank you Brendan again for all you've done for us. It's a relief!

I got my cheque just now (postman was very badly delayed). Just s relieved to have receved it but it's over €1,800 less than I expected. This is due to

Has anyone that had to return the Payment Form in order to get their cheque got their cheque yet? I returned mine last Friday and rang yesterday, they said it would be another 5 business days.

When returning the Payment Form I included a new complaint, well, one I had included in my submission to BDO. The guy I talked to had no visibility of that, there was no new complaint on my file. He said maybe ring back in a week or so if I dont get a letter ackowledging receipt of the complaint.

Back