Anyone get the refund yet?

AppleSun

Sent my forms back on the 6th. No sign of it in my account yet, though my mortgage was taken out at the tracker rate a few days ago.

I sent mine back the 6th aswell and still not their, but I did get a letter Monday just with the tracker rate,

Thanks Lauren, Just off the phone with them. they said those sent in on the 6/7th are being processed today.

Thanks AAM. Crazy they will take so long. I requested them on the 4th and was told 10 working days! They should have been sent with redress letter as standard.

Hi I am new to this site and part of the redress programme also. Just wondering those of u that have received their refunds did it hit the account first thing in the morning. Also I am still waiting and I am well past the 7 working days they quote. Anyone else the same?

If anybody who posted their letters on the 6th gets their refund could you let me know please, waiting on a code to check online thanks,

I just phoned PTSB as I have not received our refund or compensation. I posted this on the 7th August. Confused as ever with this bank, spoke with somebody who confirmed that only one thing can be processed at a time with mortgage accounts and because our mortgage came out on the 19th August no other request can be carried out until four days after!!!! So it will be next Wednesday 26th before we receive our refund.

We got our refund, it seems the way it works is as follows....

When you post back the letter, say it was sent on 10th aug and the bank receive it on the 11th. The first working day is the 12th and the 7th working day is the 20th. On the 20th you should receive your compensation payment and then on the 2nd working day after this you should receive your refund. The wording of the original letter states within approx 7 working days, so they have a little bit of lee-way on this by the wording of the letter. It also looks like they stick to the letter as you do not receive your compensation until exactly 7 working days after the bank receive your form back (at least that was the case with us and at least one other user on the forum from what I can gather). The bank obviously likes to hold onto your money for as long as possible :) The issue of Matan above slightly complicates matters as if your mortgage payment is due within this period you may have to wait a little longer! Why can't they just process it when they receive the letter back instead of this messing about?

That doesn't sound right Matan, are you sure you got through to the right line, I rang and was told they received my letter the 7th and if was processed the 17th and if should be in my account today or tomorrow, their was no mention of when my Morgage was due out,

Defo right line, the guy I spoke with was fine, they received my forms and told me all that about the 7 working days and that it was to issue this week but because mortgage payment was being taken out during this time i.e. 19th it cannot do two requests at once, must be four days clear - there's logic there somewhere!!!!

It would be due to system restrictions for when a DD is due out I presume, usually 4 days restrictions. I am still waiting on mine tho, posted on the 7th, rang on the 13th looking for an update, was told they never received my signed forms. They will repost them out to me. Rang again on the 17th looking for the forms- Was told they now had my signed forms but not received since the 12th and should take 7 working days from the 12th which is today and no sign. In the meantime I have received 4 lots of forms to sign, the same one's, yet they have my original ones. Seriously they are a pure joke.

Hi All, I sent my forms back on the 11th August and I haven't received anything yet. Based on Katnia's logic above, the 7th working day for me would be tomorrow, the 21st August.
But then my mortgage came out on the 17th August so it'll probably take longer.....

Hi All, I sent my forms back on the 11th August and I haven't received anything yet. Based on Katnia's logic above, the 7th working day for me would be tomorrow, the 21st August.
But then my mortgage came out on the 17th August so it'll probably take longer.....

If there was a full moon in the middle of all that there could be further delays :) Just give us our money back please !!

Back