Another "I hate that ad" thread

Cillit bang definitely the most annoying for me at the moment. Why does he have to sound like he's shouting - gives me a headache. the ad breaks here are already getting longer. Corrie is the only thing i watch regularly but it seems to be getting shorter - seem to be only about seven minutes into the program before an ad break.

The Thrush ad on 2fm at the moment makes me cringe... some people complaining about it on Gerry Ryan show this morning. A father was saying its inappropriate to have it on at breakfast time and his daughter gets embarressed. I think its too descriptive and isn't the kind of thing you want to hear when you're queing in the bank!
Another guy rang in to say he hates seeing toilet roll adverts at meal times - he can't eat his meal!!

I also hate the current radio ad for prostate cancer. "Do you know what's under a man's bonnet?", as if we need to be 'driven' to the doctor by the more sensible women in our life. Can you imagine a similar ad for breast cancer? It certainly gets on my tits! Besides, I thought [broken link removed] were for girls!

Sexism in advertising is OK as long as it's against men. Didn't you know that? :)

Another one of the adds that annoys me.....

"Welcome to another episode of the Late Late Show......" ...oh hang on it's not an add...but just as irritating... :D

Ok hate the ad on the radio at the mo going "Close your eyes and Open your mouth" in a 'I have something for you' suggesitve tone and yer one just goes ok! Cant' stand that, although BF finds it amusing :rolleyes:

Also the maltesers one on TV where the two girls are standing there going "mmmm the bubbles are melting" or at least they're trying to say that and it comes out "nnnnn, de ulles are elting" or something along those lines - HATE it!

bond-007 said:
That new dandilions ad is really annoying. More than the original one.
Hard to believe that any ad could be more annoying than the first one but you are right! I'd pay money NOT to go and see it.

Another ad I dislike is for 'picture it' loans. A couple wish to get a loan and the boyfriend/husband rings to find out about it, while his wife/girlfriend video's the conversation. He jokes that he can actually have an adult conversation with the 'picture it' people and when he find out there is no need for paperwork he jokes again "one less job for her"
I just find it really annoying-does this ad annoy anybody else?

The ad that annoys me the most at the moment is that Lynx one where all the ladies are swimming, as if possessed, towards the geeky guy on the beach who is trying to wage a one-man war against the ozone layer with his can of deodorant. It drives me mad!! Even the music is vomit-inducing...and as for the slogan "Spray more, Get more", it's really dreadful stuff :mad:

HA! Well I can tell you one thing for sure: Lynx does not drive the girls wild! Hermès orange-tea deodorant on a guy is the only one for me :)

Now, returning to topic: One ad that used to drive me crazy was that one advertising property in some golf resort in portugal ... where the wife convinces her husband that she is thinking about his well-being while she is actually imagining massages, shopping and swimming pools. It was such a twee ad. Yuck!

Noor77 said:
HA! Well I can tell you one thing for sure: Lynx does not drive the girls wild! Hermès orange-tea deodorant on a guy is the only one for me :)

..would that be just because its €20 a can :rolleyes:

ninsaga said:
..would that be just because its €20 a can :rolleyes:

Not at all. Seriously, the smell is divine. I have often been known to buy it for myself (the stick, not the spray). I just don't like the Lynx ad because it makes women look like twits...and men look like even bigger ones. I mean, come on, "Spray more, Get More" ...... what spotty faced 12 year old ad executive came up with that one ?!!!

I totally agree that "picture it" loans ad is particularly bad. From the music to yer man's mutton head, it just drives me mad.

Also on the radio at the moment, I think its for Centra, where some guy goes in on a Monday morning to get a breakfast roll, and keeps getting his words mixed up. I hate it. Switch radio stations as soon as it comes on.

MandaC said:
Also on the radio at the moment, I think its for Centra, where some guy goes in on a Monday morning to get a breakfast roll, and keeps getting his words mixed up. I hate it. Switch radio stations as soon as it comes on.
cant stand that ad also-think its a coffee ad (but maybe its for centra and just reminds me of the coffee ads) and there other ads like it and as annoying as it; In one a man gets up in the morning and his girlfriend keeps asking him questions, which he is answering incorrectly until she realizes he needs coffee-find them all so annoying!
In most of those ads the other party usually tells the disoriented person they need coffee like they are speaking to a child.

The one where someone is cooking sausages on a bar-b-que and the music playing in the background is 'when will I see you again'. The caption reads 'sooner than you think if you don't cook them properly!'

I thought it was funny and clever at first but it has totally turned me off sausages.

Back