Another "I hate that ad" thread

Any add for female sanitary products.....jeez... give us a break... particularly the one running at the moment for the 'extra large to eliminate odours'.... I mean for feck sake like!

ninsaga said:
Any add for female sanitary products.....jeez... give us a break... particularly the one running at the moment for the 'extra large to eliminate odours'.... I mean for feck sake like!
I agree, it's utterly inappropriate. Not to mention nauseating.

I agree - another thing that bugs me is why its always females in the adverts for Senokot, Motilium, incontinence pads, bloating etc do men not have bowel problems???

Another fairly vile advert if the one for the fungal toenails - who the hell thinks up this stuff & thinks it's good advertising! It is revolting!

ninsaga said:
Another fairly vile advert if the one for the fungal toenails - who the hell thinks up this stuff & thinks it's good advertising! It is revolting!
Is that the one where they lift up the toenail?-if so I agree.

I find it hard listening to any ads on the radio at all, and even worse is people singing on the radio (for a competition or whatever) That is my most hated thing on earth.
The one ad I cannot bear is the Alzheimers one. What is the thinking behind that?? What sicko thinks its a good idea to go on national TV an radio and say "Hey watch out you've got an uncurable disease, just letting you know! By the way, no cure!" Piss off!

I hate the one on the english channels for DFS sofas. THere is ALWAYS a sale on as far as I can see. Who would pay full price when there is a sales on practically every week! Who pays full-price!

LOVE the muller corner ads though...got my arms,got my legs etc....

Yeah I do love that ad, it makes me dance!
I HATE the lucozade ad with the dead bodies. I complained about a playstation ad before and it got taken off the air. I'm going to complain about those alzheimers ads next week, even writing that post earlier annoyed me. Other than that I'm very happy with everything else in my life :D

I love the lucozade ad with the dead bodies-well I love the music.
I dont like an ad that which is usually shown at the cinema, I think its for stella Artois.
Its the one where this old woman sees red shoes she loves in a window that she cant afford and her son works and buys them& later hand shis mother what you think is the red shoes but it is her old shoes with the holes filled in with beer mats.
He has sold the red ones to the bar woman for some stella Artios!

I dont mind the Lucozade ad, and I think the Stella Ads are ok too.

I actually dread the Mueller "got my arms, got my legs". Hate that music.

There was an ad on a couple of years back for Wethers original sweets with the chubby boy looking lovingly at his grandad with the old codger thinking how his grandpa used to give him the wethers sweets too. Hate it. Hate it. Bah Humbug!!

Hate that feckin add for actimel or something - one with the middle aged women talking about how bloated they are etc etc - WELL CUT DOWN ON THE PINTS OF THE BLACK STUFF LADIES & GET SOME EXERCISE!

OK OK enough of the bad ones... I actually like one about the.....the...em..eh :confused:

gearoidmm said:
Sorry, TiVo isn't available yet in Ireland. In the US it's killing advertising. It allows you to record shows from your cable and watch them whenever you want. Better than that, you can watch other shows while it is recording. It stores up to 30 hours at a time (I think). Even if you are watching a show live, if you miss a bit, you can rewind and then watch it time-delayed until the ads come on and you can fast forward back to real time again.

What my mate usually does is set the tv to record the first half of a show, join in in the middle and fast forward each of the ads so it finishes still at roughly the same time as the original. Sounds a bit like fancy video, I know, but so much better.

As far as I know, TiVo is the US version of our SKY+. Am I right?

That flipping maltesers ad where they are all bouncing around on big maltesers, for goodness sake why?
That feminine products ad where the knickers fall from the sky. Need I say more?
The child abuse ads on UK tv channels which show on digital television, they even show them on kids channels and they are completely inappropriate.
Harvey Norman ads on the radio, so irritating, particularly when little Mo hears them and sings them for the day.
I could go on and on.....

I am surprised no one has mentioned that ad for that play Dandelions. I am so sick of it, "You cook and wash, clean and wash etc!". If I ever see that cow I will not be responsible for my actions.

Euro Cycles and Euro Baby. Horrendous ads on the radio. Why even call a shop Euro Cycyles and Euro Baby.

Back