AIB AIB - who has appealed the €1650 /3.67% issue?

Hi David

Did you base your appeal on my template?

If so please email me a copy of their reply to brendan at this website.

Brendan

Posted appeal on 5 March. Received reply a week later from BDO saying appeal had been forwarded to AIB and would have update within 30 days.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Brendan,

No, I'm afraid my appeal was submitted just before you had the template up. I'm happy to email you the reply. I'll scan it this evening and send it on.

Thanks,

David

I've submitted the appeal, I received the acknowledgement letter but nothing since. Thanks for the help with the form.

Hi Brendan,
I sent appeal on 22 Feb and received BDO confirmation of receipt on 5 March.
Nothing since. Thanks for your help.

Appealed 7th March using Brendan’s template. Received a letter around 10 days ago from BDO confirming receipt of the appeal.

I sent my appeal via registered post on 8th March via registered post (confirmation delivery on 11th March) but I have still not received any reply from BDO. I sent my appeal on the old form because AIB were taking too long sending out the appeals pack. I'm just wondering is anyone else waiting on reply from BDO confirming receipt of their appeal?

My appeal has gone in by registered post as of last Friday April 5th. A request for an extension was granted by BDO.

Received reply today - appeal rejected by AIB on basis that "the bank does not agree with the premise of the case as our service failure did not cause financial detriment".... again they have listed documents as being enclosed which are missing?

My appeal has been received, acknowledgement from BDO, awaiting AIB response. About 3 weeks in...

I got a letter from BDO that my appeal has been rejected.

The reason for reject is probably standard enough, that the prevailing rate that would have applied would have exceeded the fixed rate so we suffered no loss.

If I reject the decision of the Tracker Panel I now have the option to refer this to the FSPO, or pursue through the courts.

I suppose I just send them the rejection and sit tight to see where this goes next, right?

Hi tnegun

The reply to which you link is for the Appeals Panel in response to AIB's response to the appeal.

DD has been through that process and the Appeals Panel has decided.

DD

For the moment, just sign the reject form and send it back.

You have 6 months from now to decide what to do next.

Brendan

Ah ok sorry I missed that so DD is at the next stage. DD did you use the response from the thread I linked?

Hi, I'm still quite confused - I understood from what AIB were saying in my letter that I had suffered no loss, and that appealing would cost a lot financially and time-wise. (They're only including my top-up loan of 60k, not my 315k mortgage from a few months earlier)
Now that I (finally) understand more - from what you say Brendan not appealing would exclude any further rights - I would like to appeal. But am I too late?

appealing would cost a lot financially and time-wise.

Can you read the letter again and confirm that they said this? I suspect that you misread it or else you have a different case.

Did you get the €1,615 compensation?

What date was the letter?

Brendan

I got my first reply from BOB on April 5th and was given 10 days to reply. I then sent the reply with Brendans help but it seems it didnt arrive at the BDO until 17th April (according to my an post tracker as i registered the letter)

I rang BDO yesterday and they say they got no reply etc etc, i gave them the an post tracker and they said they would call me back and never did of course. I then called again and just got voicemail so left a VM for them

Back