AIB AIB has sent the cheque in both names

Same, sent mine on 28th. I'm not investing any energy emotionally in this, when something arrives I will cash it. I'm training myself not to expect it to arrive any time soon, so when it arrives I will be happy. I know not everyone is in a financial position to approach it this way.

I received a letter from AIB advising they would be now charging account fees regardless of whether or not a balance of €2500 was maintained in my current account. This was dated the 11th of September and was received on Friday the 18th.
Therefore, I would expect that if the cheque was sent through their mail system on the 15th, we should have it on the 22nd.

David_Dublin, I'm not sure that I would be happy, in fact I would be far from it. For years this bank hounded us, the "Arrears Support Unit" told us it set an Autodialer to call each of our mobile phones up to 85 times a day, until it got an answer, if the system thought we were in arrears. Even on days we had paid on time, it still rang and rang and rang and all the representative would do would be apologise and ask for direct debit details. None of this was EVER necessary!

At at time when we were crippled financially, this bank continued to raise its interest rates, up to nearly 6%, I had lay awake nights wondering how I was going to get my family through, I worked three jobs, I worked a 9am - 5pm day job, raced across town to do a 6pm - 11pm evening job and then worked Saturday and Sunday 9 - 6pm in a supermarket, my kids didn't know or see me! I was like a zombie!!

I am angry at this institution, I am still angry that I have not been afforded the terms of my contract and given back my tracker rate, which would be the natural justice of this whole debacle. This institution still believes it was right, it still believes it was ok to treat people like this, not one of these letters contains an apology or even fesses up for the way we have been treated or any sort of acknowledgement.

Did you read the Financial Ombudsman's decision, it is shocking, they treat him with disdain and disgust.
His comment alone: "This further solidifies my view that the conduct of the Provider was and indeed remains unreasonable "

Just unreal . Human error occurs but with AIB it’s constant errors . It’s as if they want to make us suffer .

I received a letter from AIB advising they would be now charging account fees regardless of whether or not a balance of €2500 was maintained in my current account. This was dated the 11th of September and was received on Friday the 18th.
Therefore, I would expect that if the cheque was sent through their mail system on the 15th, we should have it on the 22nd.

David_Dublin, I'm not sure that I would be happy, in fact I would be far from it. For years this bank hounded us, the "Arrears Support Unit" told us it set an Autodialer to call each of our mobile phones up to 85 times a day, until it got an answer, if the system thought we were in arrears. Even on days we had paid on time, it still rang and rang and rang and all the representative would do would be apologise and ask for direct debit details. None of this was EVER necessary!

At at time when we were crippled financially, this bank continued to raise its interest rates, up to nearly 6%, I had lay awake nights wondering how I was going to get my family through, I worked three jobs, I worked a 9am - 5pm day job, raced across town to do a 6pm - 11pm evening job and then worked Saturday and Sunday 9 - 6pm in a supermarket, my kids didn't know or see me! I was like a zombie!!

I am angry at this institution, I am still angry that I have not been afforded the terms of my contract and given back my tracker rate, which would be the natural justice of this whole debacle. This institution still believes it was right, it still believes it was ok to treat people like this, not one of these letters contains an apology or even fesses up for the way we have been treated or any sort of acknowledgement.

Did you read the Financial Ombudsman's decision, it is shocking, they treat him with disdain and disgust.
His comment alone: "This further solidifies my view that the conduct of the Provider was and indeed remains unreasonable "

Hi @AnTuirse - that makes for a harrowing read. I hope you and your family are doing a little better now, and that any cheque and/or further recompense helps ease the burden, goes some way to healing. I would not be happy if I were in your shoes, I would be anything but.

FWIW cheque arrived here today I think it was sent back on the 28th and they said to make contact if not received by the 21st.

Back