Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Suzy,

Rang the council on Friday, to see if there was any news. They have just allocated 6 3 bed houses in Old Quarter (I didnt have the points or finance to get considered for these) to the people with the highest points. They are allocating the semi-d's in Highfield Park next, again I wont be considred for these as I dont have the finanaces. After that then they are allocating terrace & end of terrace in Highfield Park which are priced at 220k & 225k. So I was told I am in the running for one of these. And then after those they are allocating Greenfields, but they are a couple of months down the road. I asked how will we be notified, and was told we'll get a phone call first and then an official letter. So thankfully things seems to moving along at last!

Dylanjohn,

They must have dropped the prices a bit so cause I remember they said intially that there wasn't much of a differenece in the prices. Highfield is what you wanted wasn't it. Did they give you any indication when you will know? The townhouses in highfield are lovely and alot bigger than greenfield.

No indication of when we will know, basically they are gonna start allocating the semi-d's in Highfields, and then move onto the terrace etc. It'll all be over the next few weeks, she couldn't give an exact date as she said they were flat out trying to get sorted as there are so many applicants and so many houses. But I did look at the town houses in Highfields and a lot of them look occupied so I think they are social. I have a feeling that the ones tucked away in around the back on their own are the affordable (other than the semi-d's) Do you know the ones I am on about? There are about 12 of them. I drove in yesterday and they are still vacant, so they are obviously not the social ones. But to be totally honest I would be thrilled at this stage to get any one of them, anywhere!! Although I would have done anything for one of the semi-d's, they are just fab.

The day I was talking to the estate agent he said the council houses are the 12 around the back but obviously not. I thought Highfield wasn't opened yet I must go up there and have a look around.

But what do you think of those 12? I dont think they are the best, but Id still be happy with one. I was told by a builder ages ago that they were social aswell, but all the social look occupied, and those arent. So its hard to know whats what. But you can go into the estate now alright.

When you pass the row of 18 semi's, keep going past them and take your last left. They are tucked away in their own little cul de sac, which I like. But the style of the houses are no where near as nice as the others Im afraid. Quite nice inside tho, a bit small. No utility like all the others tho. But there is a downstairs loo, and an ensuite. Patio doors leading onto the back garden.

i was talking to someone that worked in the council and he was saying that thereis about 50 houses in highfields affordable..

There must a be a good few of those apartments Id say because from driving in there, a lot of the houses look occupied. But sure we'll be finding out soon enough hopefully!

Hi Dylanjohn,
Not yet I'll have a look now this evening. I've been up the walls with work so I haven't had a chance have you heard of anyone getting allocated a house.

No. nobody. But she said that only the 6 in Old Quarter were allocated first to the people with the highest points. And the 18 semi's are next to be allocated. Probs with be over the next couple of weeks. Im dyin to know what you think of those 12 houses, cos I reckon that they are def affordable.

Suzy,

Rang the council on Friday, to see if there was any news. They have just allocated 6 3 bed houses in Old Quarter (I didnt have the points or finance to get considered for these) to the people with the highest points. They are allocating the semi-d's in Highfield Park next, again I wont be considred for these as I dont have the finanaces. After that then they are allocating terrace & end of terrace in Highfield Park which are priced at 220k & 225k. So I was told I am in the running for one of these. And then after those they are allocating Greenfields, but they are a couple of months down the road. I asked how will we be notified, and was told we'll get a phone call first and then an official letter. So thankfully things seems to moving along at last!

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has the answers to the following question...

1. The price of the houses being offered in Old Quarter, and subsequent clawback?

2. The house location within the development? (ie, separated from, or dotted amongst, the 'regular' houses)

3. The total number of houses on offer?

4. The spec of the houses, ie. utility rooms, ensuites, WC, tiling provided, etc. - in other words: no obvious departure from the 'regular' house spec?

Much appreciated...

hey guys/girls was wondering if anyone had been made an offer from the county for the houses in highfields, i was offered one of the semi detatched ones last week but have not accepted yet, i have viewed them and they look great but am undecided on what to do. i was also in the running for douglas but as far as i am aware all the ones in ardfield have now been allocated. does anyone know what the ratio is of affordable and social in highfields as this is one of my main concerns.

hey guys/girls was wondering if anyone had been made an offer from the county for the houses in highfields, i was offered one of the semi detatched ones last week but have not accepted yet, i have viewed them and they look great but am undecided on what to do. i was also in the running for douglas but as far as i am aware all the ones in ardfield have now been allocated. does anyone know what the ratio is of affordable and social in highfields as this is one of my main concerns.
As far as I know there is a good mix, but not too sure what the ratio is. I think those semi's are fab - congrats!

Suzy,

You get a chance to look at those houses??

Hey Dylanjohn,

I had a look at the 12 houses there yesterday and theres a big difference alright between them and the semi-d's they no way near as nice sure there not I was hoping on a semi d but it looks like they have started allocating them already so it looks like I not in the running for these.

Hi dylanjohn,

Did you say Greenfields was a few months down the road? That's the only one I have finance for. They are small though, but anything is better than renting. But a few months befor allocating and then a few months with all the legal stuff, it'll be summer before I hopefully are in. Congrats with being in the running for Highfield.

Back