Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

I think ya, we'll hear soon. And the more I think about those houses, the more I like them, so fingers crossed we'll be getting a call soon!

No, nothing and my nerves are at me with the waiting I swear! Have you heard anything from anyone? Anyone you know get a house??

No I haven't heard a thing it's driving me mad. You know the 3 bed Duplexes do they have gardens?

I havent a clue to be honest, but I doubt it, prob a balcony though. Cos the duplexes are generally above an apartment arent they?

I think they are alright so if i got offered one of them I wouldn't take. Would you take one of them?

Hi Guys,
You will probably kill me for getting in way of your current talk ps good luck to you all with getting the pads - would any you guys be able to tell me what the 4 banks the affordable housing department deal with ?
Thanks
Pinkstars

Hi Guys,
You will probably kill me for getting in way of your current talk ps good luck to you all with getting the pads - would any you guys be able to tell me what the 4 banks the affordable housing department deal with ?
Thanks
Pinkstars

Hi Pinkstars,

The banks are EBS, Bank of Ireland & IIB and the council also do the loans but up to a max I think of €180,000.00.

Just wondering, would anyone know if you are being sent to the bank, would you have a good chance in getting a house if you get approved by them?

What sort of finances do people go to the bank with? Just a bit worried as I have a few loans and not much in savings at the moment.......

Just wondering, would anyone know if you are being sent to the bank, would you have a good chance in getting a house if you get approved by them?

What sort of finances do people go to the bank with? Just a bit worried as I have a few loans and not much in savings at the moment.......

Hi Pinkstars,

There is a good enough chance of getting offered a house if you get approval from the bank. But you are always in with a better chance with the banks when you have good savings and no loans big loans at least. But if you got a letter from the affordable housing to go to the bank, then thats def a good sign!

Suzy,

Got a phonecall yesterday from the council offering me a semi!! Can hardly believe it to be honest. Hopefully you got a call???

Do you think I have def have it so cause I getting all excited and I dont want them to turn around next week now and say I didn't get it afterall did you get what house number your getting?

I no they are fab! I was up looking at them there. I think I'll ring after lunch now to see what she says.

Thanks for the info Dylan John, were you told to do the same? As far as I know, there is a group of people getting letters, I was told I'd get mine in the next few days. I'm waiting patiently! Well done on ye're offers too by the way!

Hi Pinkstars,

That's the first step to get the approval in principle from the bank what area are you in for?

Douglas and Carrigaline, is it a very long process from here so?
I'd say I'm the the last batch of letters, so the houses will probably be all gone :(

Back