Who'll Win The World Cup?

Well technically Mexico is still on the continent of America although there is a school of thought which regards North America & South America as separate continents (not me though!)

Well technically Mexico is still on the continent of America although there is a school of thought which regards North America & South America as separate continents (not me though!)

Well then you might as well count Europe, Asia and Africa as the same continent! Geography just got way easier! I take your point though. I am a believer in 7 continents because that's the way I was taught!

I was taught that there were just the 5 continents.

Anyway when speaking about football we really should speak in terms of Confederations which means that your point about Argentina winning in Mexico in 1986 is correct.

Good point Sunny. Brazil won in Mexico in 70 and the US in 94 also. Neither in their confederation.

Hopefully not Holland. Come on Uruguay. 1-1 at halftime.

Holland are a disgrace to their footballing tradition. Have been boring all WC and have no interest in entertainment at all.

I really hope Uruguay win and put me out of my misery watching this 'total football'.

Moments of brilliance however from Holland , Van Bronchorst's memorable goal and Van der Vaarts marvellous flick to put Robben through.
Maybe organisation will serve Holland better than " total " football on this occasion ?

Although I have a Holland v Spain final at 20/1, I felt empty after that game last night. I think that's down to VanBommel. How he consistently gets away with the challenges he makes astounds me. That one before Gio's goal could have been a leg breaker.
And you just know he will spend the final just kicking Iniesta and Xavi or Ozil and Mueller.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against hard tackles. In fact I am in favour of them but most have his tackles are filthy and deserving of a card. And the most annoying thing is that he usually manages to get the other fella booked first.

VanBommel is a mystery to me. He shouldn't have even been playing last night because he should have been sent off against Brazil.

Fair play to the Uruguay player last night for not going down. Bet he regrets it today. Absolute leg breaker!

Although I have a Holland v Spain final at 20/1, I felt empty after that game last night. I think that's down to VanBommel. How he consistently gets away with the challenges he makes astounds me. That one before Gio's goal could have been a leg breaker.
And you just know he will spend the final just kicking Iniesta and Xavi or Ozil and Mueller.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against hard tackles. In fact I am in favour of them but most have his tackles are filthy and deserving of a card. And the most annoying thing is that he usually manages to get the other fella booked first.

Could'nt agree more , definitely a serial hacker.

He also seems to revel in winding up opposition players as well.

He's been nasty for years and I was hoping the Netherlands would go through but that he'd get sent off and miss the final, how the refs aren't informed of his 'form' before games amazes me, even that free where Uruguay scored their second he lashed out at the guy he fouled and then had the audacity to abuse him!

I have both Holland and Germany backed but I was shouting for Uruguay, I thought there was going to be a sensational finish a 3-2, but it wasn't to be. I reckon Germany can do a job on spain tonight, as for all their (Spain) fluid passing etc they are a tad boring a times.

The octopus says Spain will go through tonight. I put a few bob on Germany so lets see who knows more, Me or an octopus.

I read yesterday that if Spain win the World Cup then the only unbeaten team in the Tournament will have been New Zealand

Obviously this counts extra-time and penalty defeats as losses which is not strictly correct but still

Back