Whats your Pet Hate?

Depends on the age of the individuals- from late twenties, thirties onward it seems a bit silly to call someone a boy or a girl...maybe that's just me./quote]

Hope that is not an anti-Cork dig, down in de Real Capital, you get called boy or girl for way beyond your thirties, so you do, boy

I know. It's almost as if it's not politically correct (don't get me started on that term) to have a husband or wife now.

As for DH, which i assume is Darling Husband? Arrgghhhh! :mad:

You've got me going, GarBow. Totally agree about the husband and wife thing. When I hear someone talking about their partner, I think of someone riding along beside them on horseback, a la Lone Ranger and his partner, Tonto! :rolleyes: At a function recently, I had to correct someone by telling him that the woman with me wasn't my partner but was, in fact, my wife.

Blind people aren't blind anymore, they're non-sighted. Those who used to be unemployed are now non-waged.

Who decided that black people in America are now called Afro American? What is golfer, Vijay Singh? Afro Indian Ocean American?

Would my hero, Phil Lynott, have been a Psuedo Afro Dublin Non American Semi Brazilian Caucasian Mothered bass guitarist or just an outstanding Black Paddy who blazed the trail that all of our other international musicians followed?

[broken link removed]

I know. It's almost as if it's not politically correct...

As for DH, which i assume is Darling Husband? Arrgghhhh! :mad:

Actually, the term "politically correct" is offensive; many people are incapable of clear political thoughts and so are immediately at a disadvantage. In addition, it implies there is one political system and process that is correct over others, which has imperialism written all over it.

Please use the term "ideologically challenging".

1. people on the N3 who drive constantly 80 even if the max speed allowed is 100 and the road is empty - i am ashamed to admit that it's mostly women - what's the problem with some female drivers? they used to say that speed over 100 km per hour can kill you but that was 19th century for ****sake ..
2. people pulling from the side-road in front of you who are in such a hurry that they lose control of their car and spend the next 20 seconds trying to regain it - then proceed driving 60 ...
3. people overtaking you wildly just to find out that you were driving
so slowly because the road is full and then try to push in front of you because there's cars coming from the opposite directions
4. cyclists - where should I start - the deadliest combination is dark clothes, no lights, dark rucksack and headphones ... oblivious to anything happening on the road - sadly, when you hit them, you are to blame ...
5. spoiled brats supported by their adoring mums : oh gavin, this was a very nice kick you gave that ***** who was standing in your way ...
6. illogical people and people talking plenty of bull expecting you to believe it without any explanation
7. liars
8. people blaming their current debts, bad investments and negative equity on the bad banks and the government and not their own greed
9. developers who were building houses from cardboard and bad quality sand, behaved like some arrogant pashas and are now whinging about their losses - hope they rot in hell

The give a give a give a give a Garmin ad.

It's back.

Last year we had a horrible shouty American woman ranting on about lane assist. Made me want to punch the radio. This year we have a kind of twee posh irish accent. Not quite as bad as the awful american, but still enough to make me shout at it to sod off.

Hope that is not an anti-Cork dig, down in de Real Capital, you get called boy or girl for way beyond your thirties, so you do, boy

Certainly not- I rate Cork and Cork people just after Kerry and Kerry people- which is high praise.

People yelling into mobile phones particularly if I am trapped in the same space as them e.g on a bus/ train.:eek:

It used to be when I was dragged around clothes shops by my other half.

I said in the beginning that it used to be my pet hate but :) not any more. I discovered a use for my mobile phone.

When we go into town ( any town) she goes right and I go left and at an agreed time I phone her to ensure that the meeting time is still on as in the past I have been left standing for half an hour or more. Meeting in a pub did not work out either because once I had almost to be carried home .

LOL love it.

It would be one of my biggest pet hates too.

When TV football pundits, predicting the outcome of a match, say they are "sitting on the fence" because they think the result will be a draw!

Now leaving aside the exact scores, there are three possible outcomes of any football match: Team A wins; Team B wins, match drawn.
It is not "sitting on the fence", to predict that the third of these options will be the outcome. It is a firm prediction of the result. It would be sitting on the fence to say something like: "either Team A or Team B will win", or "It might be a draw or it might not", but in no way is selecting one of the three possible outcomes "sitting on the fence", prevaricating, procrastinating etc.

The stupid grin they always adopt when saying it doesn't help my blood pressure either - as if they've just come up with this piece of self-deprecating apparent wit on the spur of the moment.

People who can't sit through at 90 minute film at the cinema without talking, or even worse during Paranormal Activity tonight we had to put up with girls ridiculous over the top screaming every 5 minutes...it really isn't that scary a film:(

People who in a busy queue in a shop wait till the shop assistant runs up their bill and only then do they go to open their bag to fish out their purse to make the payment.
People who take ages at ATM machines, the people who seem to check the balance on 3 or 4 different cards and withdraw no cash.
People who blame the banks for the mess this country is in and not realise the role the financial regulator/central bank/Dept of Finance played in creating this completely under regulated sham of a financial market for the last 10 years.
Parents who park on double yellow lines/in the yellow boxes outside schools when dropping little Johnny off to school

Back