Whats your Pet Hate?

victoria beckham walking skeleton pull through for a shotgun ,she reminds me of dracula sometimes

Oops, sorry. I'm one of the worst culprits for this. What is acceptable then?

I'm not saying it's unacceptable. It just grates me. I would equate it to refering to them as a pet name in company. The expression 'Hubby' really winds me up too. Quite irrational probably.

Maybe i'm the only one.

I'm not saying it's unacceptable. It just grates me. I would equate it to refering to them as a pet name in company. The expression 'Hubby' really winds me up too. Quite irrational probably.

Maybe i'm the only one.
No, you're just grumpy and no, it's not just you.

I tell you a massive pet hate with me - fussy eaters.

Babies, wimps and whingers the lot of them - never mind fantastically awkward dinner guests.

:mad:

I tell you a massive pet hate with me - fussy eaters.

Babies, wimps and whingers the lot of them - never mind fantastically awkward dinner guests.

:mad:

Couldnt agree more - fantastically annoying in restaurants as well. I had the displeasure of lunch in a pub with one recently, he wanted the burger, without the mayonaise, leave off the bacon and cheese, could he get the ketchup on the side, oh he doesnt like tomatoes, could they be left out of the side salad, now about the burger itself, he wanted it medium, but only pink in the middle, any redness and he would feel ill. Could the vinegar be removed from the table, the smell was bothering him. Then the dessert, could he have the apple pie, unheated rather than heated, leave off the icecream, could he have any real cream instead?

Maybe i'm the only one.

I don't think it's irrational- it is a bit coochy coo ( spelling?) alright.

But what alternative would you suggest? My husband? My partner? My Other Half ( actually I hate that one, scratch that).

Couldnt agree more - fantastically annoying in restaurants as well. I had the displeasure of lunch in a pub with one recently, he wanted the burger, without the mayonaise, leave off the bacon and cheese, could he get the ketchup on the side, oh he doesnt like tomatoes, could they be left out of the side salad, now about the burger itself, he wanted it medium, but only pink in the middle, any redness and he would feel ill. Could the vinegar be removed from the table, the smell was bothering him. Then the dessert, could he have the apple pie, unheated rather than heated, leave off the icecream, could he have any real cream instead?

Hmmm, I'm a bit like this in restaurants- I don't see why I shouldn't ask for minor modifications to a menu. I often have to do this anyway as I'm coeliac, but sometimes for other reasons. For eg I really don't like fennel- should I not then ask for a substitute? Not in someones home though- totally different.

Well allergies, coelic etc - obviously fair enough. And everyone is allowed to have a couple of things that they don't like, but it really annoys me when people "aren't great with vegetables" or "hate the look of that" or think something is "disgusting" - even though more than half the time they've never tasted it.

Oh yeah, and I'm guilty of "Ms Caveat" too.... :(

Hmmm, I'm a bit like this in restaurants- I don't see why I shouldn't ask for minor modifications to a menu. I often have to do this anyway as I'm coeliac, but sometimes for other reasons. For eg I really don't like fennel- should I not then ask for a substitute? Not in someones home though- totally different.

Minor modifications - ok.
Changing every single bit of whats being ordered except the actual meat itself - not good.

I don't think it's irrational- it is a bit coochy coo ( spelling?) alright.

But what alternative would you suggest? My husband? My partner? My Other Half ( actually I hate that one, scratch that).

Yeah, why not? Let's go traditional with this one :)

If not married then I actually don't like the term 'Partner' either. Too sterile and matter of fact for me. What's wrong with Boyfriend or Girlfriend? Now i really am getting picky.

Well allergies, coelic etc - obviously fair enough. And everyone is allowed to have a couple of things that they don't like, but it really annoys me when people "aren't great with vegetables" or "hate the look of that" or think something is "disgusting" - even though more than half the time they've never tasted it.

:(

Also people who say they're 'intolerant' of something, when they just don't like it. Or who invent all kinds of allergies to make themselves more interesting.

Also people who say they're 'intolerant' of something, when they just don't like it. Or who invent all kinds of allergies to make themselves more interesting.

To say nothing of them feicin vegetarians who expect a bean casserole when they come to dinner in your home but never serve you a steak when you go to dinner in theirs!!

What's wrong with Boyfriend or Girlfriend? Now i really am getting picky.

Depends on the age of the individuals- from late twenties, thirties onward it seems a bit silly to call someone a boy or a girl...maybe that's just me.

Hate that too, since that attitude spills over onto those of us with genuine diseases. I do get the odd raised eyebrow here and there as if I were declaring a fad diet or something.

I don't think that "my other half" is too bad as an expression as it suggests you are not totally complete wihout her or him .

How times have changed. I notice that on tv its more usual to refer to "your partner" rather than Husband or wife.

I don't think that "my other half" is too bad as an expression as it suggests you are not totally complete wihout her or him .

How times have changed. I notice that on tv its more usual to refer to "your partner" rather than Husband or wife.

I know. It's almost as if it's not politically correct (don't get me started on that term) to have a husband or wife now.

As for DH, which i assume is Darling Husband? Arrgghhhh! :mad:

Back