What are we watching on TV?

I'm enjoying "World Without End"

Based on a Ken Folett novel

It's not fantasy but it is historical

Contains more treachery, scheming and backstabbing then you would find in the corridors of Dáil Éireann :eek:

Lots of violence too, can't beat a few battle scences :)

A few well known actors in it, the Lord is from Spooks on BBC and a villager is Cynthia Nixon from Sex and the city.

If you like history there are a lot of PBS documentaries up on youtube

I'm watching one series about New York, it's about 14 hours long. Lots and lots about the Irish and boy were there plenty of Irish gangs and criminals!
Bertie was a saint compared to the lads in Tammany Hall

But the series is much more and has interesting stories like canals and about bringing water all the way down from the Catskills.
No JCB's, trenches were done by hard slog from navvies, brutally tough work

Another good PBS series is about American Presidents. Sure stick Woodrow Wilson into youtube and you'll find most of them. About 3 hours long each

Love/Hate absolutely fantastic, opening scene of new series with led zeplin playing in the background - cracking.

Season 2 of the ESPN series "30 for 30" started on ESPN UK last week.

Some of the ones in Season 1 were brilliant. The first in season 2 (Broke) was good, but about 30 minutes too long. Some of Season 1, and other ESPN films, crop up occasionally on the 3 ESPN channels on UPC.

The next one in season 2 is about the 1988 Olympic 100m mens final, Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis & Linford Christie. It doesn't seem to be on the schedule for this week (Wed). Maybe next week.

Checking out Catching Hell, it's the best 30 for 30 in my opinion ^^^^^
About the Chicago Cubs

I'm only a young un
So missed Kavangh QC first time around, am watching that now

I also give the thumps up to Injustice
ITV production from about 3 years ago

James Purefoy is the barrister, Charlie Creed-Miles is the wife beating detective, even Dervla Kirwin is it.

And that Nordie girl who was in Sweeny Todd, I don't know her name but I'm in love with her and her sexy Derry accent :eek:

Excellent show, 5 episodes and definitly potential to get another few series from it

Having recently discovered 4OD, I've been watching One Born Every Minute to prepare myself for childbirth.....have been horrified by how graphic it is :eek:

On a more normal note, still watching Homeland and have resorted to re-watching all 7 series of the West Wing.

Good fly on the wall documentary starting on Monday next on Setanta sports...."Being Liverpool".

Its an inside look at Liverpool football club....should be funny!

Good fly on the wall documentary starting on Monday next on Setanta sports...."Being Liverpool".

From what I've heard, it's car crash TV :eek:. I'll deffo be watching ;) !

The Paradise drama series which was on BBC1 Tuesdays at 9pm finished last night. I enjoyed it immensely.

At the weekend I enjoyed some WW1 documentaries, mostly on MORE4.

Steiner I liked the paradise too, have last nights tapes. Am I the only person who uses video tapes?

The hour is back on bbc 2 tonight, reckon you like that too.

I heard they were going to show it on Tuesday evening, and then Wednesday evening the following week, then a break of a week and then Tuesday evening again etc!

Have been glued to Homeland but this week's episode was a bit bland and I'm hoping it hasn't Jumped the Shark.

Have been glued to Homeland but this week's episode was a bit bland and I'm hoping it hasn't Jumped the Shark.

Too soon to say. This was the mid-point of Season II. 7 down, 6 to go, or 5 if they close it off with a double episode.

The character introduced in the previous episode is likely to be the main feature of the remainder of Season II. And the "is he, isn't he" for Brody will continue.

Still one of the best things on TV. I normally watch such series after they've originally screened. Homeland, and before it Breaking Bad, is the one I try to watch as soon as it's available.

For Joss Whedon & Firefly fan-boys and girls out there ..

There was a Firefly 10th anniversary special screened a few days ago in the US. Have a search for 'Browncoats Unite', (if you know where to look :p)

Loved Moone Boy - was back in my 80s draylon sitting room.

Now watching secret state

Love/Hate absolutely fantastic, opening scene of new series with led zeplin playing in the background - cracking.

I watched Love/Hate last night for first time. I thought it was a bit rediculous that in a 1 hour episode we had the following:
* Kneecapping of drug dealer (by IRA)
* Rape of drug dealer's girlfriend/wife by IRA leader in back of pub
* Violence, fight scenes, guns
* Murder (of IRA man) by a dropped beer barrel to head
* Burial of body by JCB
* Brothels, prostitutes, sex, affairs etc
* Loads and loads of alcohol
* Loads of drug use (cocaine mainly)
* Drink driving

Was it a bit much for Episode 1 which seemed to span a period of only 2 days?

Back