What are we watching on TV?

Deadwood, The Killing, and Breaking bad have just been put on my xmas list, I'm putting great faith in your taste!

I personally thought the killing was a bit dissappointing. Download an episode and see if you like it before you buy the series.

Homeland. Last week's was a bit pants. This week's was an improvement. I'm not sure where this is going. I hope the writers do :confused:.

I have enjoyed Garrow's Law on RTE Saturday afternoons, based on the 18th century English lawyer William Garrow. There were 12 episodes made since 2009. I find most period dramas interesting.

If you like period dramas check out:

Bleak House, Charles Dickens novel. Gillian Anderson (famous from the X files) was superb
North and South, set in Victorian England up north
The Aristocrats, even covers a bit of the 1798 rebellion
Any of the Catherine Cookson adapatations. A young Sean Bean is in one of them
Speaking of Sean Bean the Bernard Cornwell series of Sharpe is good

All on youtube :)

My So Called Life

I remember bits and pieces of this when I was a young 'un

Decided to revisit and it has great writing and acting.
Still fresh even if it was cancelled over a decade ago.

Not dissimilar (is that a word?) to Veronica Mars which was also excellent

These shows are not just for teenage girls!

Is Love Hate any good?

I'm hearing about it non stop lately but I've never seen a single episode

I think it's great, best Irish made drama since The Family (that might have been BBC though).

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor is great in it as Nidge.

I think it's great, best Irish made drama since The Family (that might have been BBC though).

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor is great in it as Nidge.

Yeah, Ive been hearing about it all over as well, is it available through RTEs website anywhere? Is it running long? I dont remember hearing about it at all until this series.

Yeah, Ive been hearing about it all over as well, is it available through RTEs website anywhere? Is it running long? I dont remember hearing about it at all until this series.

The boxset is on sale now (3 seasons). I assume season 3 is still on the player. I found it too violent so it wasn't for me.

The hour on bb2 wednesday at 9pm is my current favorite. Much better than last season as the characters have developed.

I gave up on "Arrow" and "Last Resort". Sorry I started watching "Last Tango in Halifax". Loved "Claridges".

LAst Resort was cancelled anyway after one season so the ending is only thrown together to give some sort of closure. I stopped watching about 7 episodes in when I headrd it was cancelled

Watched the first episode, on RTE Player, of Irish Pictorial Weekly.

Really enjoyed it. Hope the standard was maintained.

Homeland. Last week's was a bit pants. This week's was an improvement. I'm not sure where this is going. I hope the writers do :confused:.

Watched the Season 2 finale last night. Without indulging in spoilers, some of what happened was unexpected. The way the writers left loose threads for Season 3 was unexpected.

There are a lot of holes in the plot that could be picked at. It promised to be great, but settled for good.

Watched Raw last night, maybe its because its so less dynamic than Love/Hate but I thought it was dross enough. The main character does her usual furrowed brow overly serious stuff that she did in the clinic. Even the cracking platinum blond has now gone mousey brown and lost some appeal.

Anyone else think it was a bit of a let down?

Going to blitz through season two of Homeland

I'm on the 4th episode and it's going realy well so far

Thumps up

Also watching from the earth to the moon
I'm not a big Tom Hanks fan but he certainly knows how to produce quality television

Wached Ripper Street. Found it a bit difficult to hear/follow/understand. Maybe the accents. Watched it mainly because it is filmed in Ireland. Anyone notice the Ballsbridge/Merrion scene in the first episode? Where was the church that was in the second episode?

Thought Ripper street was fairly good. See that TV3 thing last night, Deception?, so bad its awful, but laughably awful most of the time. (I know this is the 2nd home grown thing I'm giving out about lately but I'm not usually that hard a critic - e.g. the table quiz show, also featuring yer man McErlean who was in Bachelors Walk and now in Raw. I thought was quite good. For the life of me cant remember the name of it though!).

Going to blitz through season two of Homeland
I'm on the 4th episode and it's going realy well so far
Thumps up

It gets a bit far fetched the longer it goes on and Carrie's "Eye acting" and crying is seriously annoying!

Mr Selfridge started on sunday utv & tv3 and looks good enough but to be honest it doesn't take much to feed my period drama hunger.

Raw was so so but it has been like that for a good few seasons now. They need to do more episodes per season. I'll still watch it but it's not must see tv anymore.

Back