The X Factor.....it's BACK!!

I actually like her accent TBH...but it's the only thing I like.

Holly is much more attractive/nicer in every way IMO.

Aside from Cheryl, where on earth are all these 'schwing' boy singers coming from with the old style 'Fly me to the moon' type songs!!

Why is there never a good rock singer anymore - Bring Back Ben!!!!

Uneducated - Ive never read an interview with her in any of the 'womens' magazines that I pretend not to read but actually devour where she had anything remotely interesting to say on any subject. Her accent contributes to the feel of of it - plus she has been in a girlband since a young age and if she had a string of degrees Im sure itd be mentioned.

That bit definitely is unfair.

You're probably right in that she doesn't have a degree.

But that was because she was in a girl band.
She would have been mad not to pursue the girl band route in favour of a degree when teh opportunity arose.

Doing both wasn't possible.

So to call her uneducated is a bit unfair there given that it implies she is stupid.

In fairness to her she was smart enough to realise that she was talented and went for it and she succeeded spectacularly.
I think it's more appropriate to commend her for that rather than criticise her for not having a degree.

Plus - to say her accent contributes to the feel of it would have to be looked on a stereotyping by yourself - which is also unfair.

It's a regular north of englankd accent - not my cup of tea mind you but i wouldn't be calling her thick because of it.

Uneducated - Ive never read an interview with her in any of the 'womens' magazines that I pretend not to read but actually devour where she had anything remotely interesting to say on any subject. Her accent contributes to the feel of of it - plus she has been in a girlband since a young age and if she had a string of degrees Im sure itd be mentioned.

considering the target audience and the content of such magazines i'd say she doesn't have much room to air her views plus most of the pop stars sit on the fence on issues as not to offend any budding fans. Look around the country and you'll soon see that holding a degree doesn't equate to superior intelligence.

That bit definitely is unfair.

You're probably right in that she doesn't have a degree.

But that was because she was in a girl band.
She would have been mad not to pursue the girl band route in favour of a degree when teh opportunity arose.

Doing both wasn't possible.

So to call her uneducated is a bit unfair there given that it implies she is stupid.

In fairness to her she was smart enough to realise that she was talented and went for it and she succeeded spectacularly.
I think it's more appropriate to commend her for that rather than criticise her for not having a degree.

Plus - to say her accent contributes to the feel of it would have to be looked on a stereotyping by yourself - which is also unfair.

It's a regular north of englankd accent - not my cup of tea mind you but i wouldn't be calling her thick because of it.

I do think she is stupid. She wasnt the one who marketed herself to success - the 'machine' groomed her and sold her. She did not go for it herself by any stretch of the imagination - she was part of an all girl band who were hand picked for fame.

ok - I hear ya on the accent - I dont like it, but it doesnt mean she is thick.

Its not even that intelligence has anything to do with having a degree - Ive just never seen her (in print or on tv) talk about anything remotely interesting outside of the narrow boundaries of music or herself.

I do think she is stupid. She wasnt the one who marketed herself to success - the 'machine' groomed her and sold her. She did not go for it herself by any stretch of the imagination - she was part of an all girl band who were hand picked for fame.

ok - I hear ya on the accent - I dont like it, but it doesnt mean she is thick.

Its not even that intelligence has anything to do with having a degree - Ive just never seen her (in print or on tv) talk about anything remotely interesting outside of the narrow boundaries of music or herself.

Yes - she was handpicked.
You've gotta hand her some credit though.
People didn't crandomly ome banging on her door dragging her into it.

She' sobviously very talented at what she does and good luck to her i say.

Also - what kind of opinions do you want her to be talking about?
Politics ? religion ?

she is an entertainer - she never put herself up there to be looked on as someone who can guide teh masses with great pearls of wisdom on life.

She is an entertainer - that's her gig.
That's all she does.

If she came out spouting on about this that and the other, then inevitably there woudl be people saying she should shut up and stick to what she knows.
It really is a lose-lose situation.

And anyway - what great nuggets of information and opinions do other singers come out with?
Generally speaking, singers just sing. and that's plenty if you ask me.

Fair enough qwertyuiop - she's not worth a debate on her intellectual abilities.

As a humourous aside google 'cheryl cole thick' and check out the results - it seems to be a common opinion.

Actually - I've changed my mind.

I forgot about the other one Nadone Coyle.

Just watched a bit of her on youtube.

She's way better. She's an unbelievable singer.

Thatr still doesn't take away from cheryl being great looking mind you.

Back