The X Factor.....it's BACK!!

Ach! ignore him/her. If s/he's serious we can't help..if it was an attempt at a joke it fell flat cos I didn't get it.:p

There's always one :rolleyes:

Ah yeah! those sob stories! they're really cringy.

No it wasn't a joke - it's sad the rubbish that some people will watch. I just saw 5 minutes of the 'One Year On' show on TV3, it had a very obese girl (and her equally obese parents) in what appeared to be a wedding dress from last season, who couldn't sing and who has now apparently become a minor celebrity. Is she supposed to be a role model? Surely the only reason she was included was as a joke to have a laugh at her? Do you not feel ashamed of yourselves that this is happening for your entertainment? She'd obviously been deluded by parents to think she could sing.

My biggest problem with this stuff is that by you guys creating a demand for it it has proliferated the TV schedules - as if RTE output wasn't bad enough before the likes of Failte Towers and You're a Star.

We all know that 80% plus of the 'stars' of these shows go nowhere, so what's the point?

As for watching to see some eye candy are you really that desperate? Nothing against Cheryl or Dannii, but why would anyone sit through all that crap to see them? If you're that desperate just go out and get a copy of OK or some other rubbish.

No it wasn't a joke - it's sad the rubbish that some people will watch. I just saw 5 minutes of the 'One Year On' show on TV3, it had a very obese girl (and her equally obese parents) in what appeared to be a wedding address from last season, who couldn't sing and who has now apparently become a minor celebrity. Is she supposed to be a role model? Surely the only reason she was included was as a joke to have a laugh at her? Do you not feel ashamed of yourselves that this is happening for your entertainment? She'd obviously been deluded by parents to think she could sing.

My biggest problem with this stuff is that by you guys creating a demand for it it has proliferated the TV schedules - as if RTE output wasn't bad enough before the likes of Failte Towers and You're a Star.

We all know that 80% plus of the 'stars' of these shows go nowhere, so what's the point?

As for watching to see some eye candy are you really that desperate? Nothing against Cheryl or Dannii, but why would anyone sit through all that crap to see them? If you're that desperate just go out and get a copy of OK or some other rubbish.

That's some rant there rmelly.

Teh point of the show is that people find it entertaining.

And as for cherly, cheryl definitely adds seriously to my enjoyment of teh show.

She's a cracker !

On that note, does anyone else thing that danii, in comparison, suddenly doesn't look nearly as attractive as she used to last year?

She seems haggard looking.

That's some rant there rmelly.

Teh point of the show is that people find it entertaining.

And as for cherly, cheryl definitely adds seriously to my enjoyment of teh show.

She's a cracker !

On that note, does anyone else thing that danii, in comparison, suddenly doesn't look nearly as attractive as she used to last year?

She seems haggard looking.

Fair enough, I suppose it is entertaining to laugh at losers.

I'm with rmelly all the way. This stuff is for teenagers and airheads.

Those two women are cardboard-cutout slappers.

I think you're taking the whole show a bit too serious.

Try to lighten up a bit - you may enjoy it more that way.

Out of curiosity qwertyuiop, do you vote for contestants on these shows (any of the shows)?

No. I don't vote on any of these shows.

Why?

No particular reason, just curious. So you've NEVER voted for a contestant on a reality show?

Is Sheryl Tweedy (Cole?) the one that was found guilty of assault a few years ago?

No particular reason, just curious. So you've NEVER voted for a contestant on a reality show?

Is Sheryl Tweedy (Cole?) the one that was found guilty of assault a few years ago?

Correct. I have NEVER voted for a contestant on any reality show.

WOuldn't cross my mind for a split second in fact.

Yes - cheryl was the one up for assault alright.

Correct. I have NEVER voted for a contestant on any reality show.

WOuldn't cross my mind for a split second in fact.

At least that's something in your favour, I suppose.

Yes - cheryl was the one up for assault alright.

Great role model for all the viewers - adds something extra to the mix - viewers can take bets on whether she'll end up assaulting any of the contestants or one of her fellow judges.

No it wasn't a joke - it's sad the rubbish that some people will watch. I just saw 5 minutes of the 'One Year On' show on TV3, it had a very obese girl (and her equally obese parents) in what appeared to be a wedding dress from last season, who couldn't sing and who has now apparently become a minor celebrity. Is she supposed to be a role model? Surely the only reason she was included was as a joke to have a laugh at her? Do you not feel ashamed of yourselves that this is happening for your entertainment? She'd obviously been deluded by parents to think she could sing.

Given your earlier derogatory (and in my opinion, unjustified) comment aimed directly at me, I chose not to enter into any further discussion with you. I'm only interested in discussions with people who don't get personal.

Given your earlier derogatory (and in my opinion, unjustified) comment aimed directly at me, I chose not to enter into any further discussion with you. I'm only interested in discussions with people who don't get personal.

My loss, I'm sure.

I find most reality TV offensive and it seems to get more and more extreme. How long more can they peddle this stuff out and call it weekend entertainment. You can't turn on the TV anymore without seeing some talentless hopefull trying to sing or dance, or people getting serious surgery because they feel fat/old/ugly, No amount of surgery will fix what is broken on the inside.

Most reality TV shows have one thing in common, they all feature people who are deluded and have low self esteem. The sad thing is that people will watch it and it will keep on being made until we don't watch it anymore. Its a sad reflection on our society as a whole.

The X factor is definitely not the worse of them though.

I find most reality TV offensive and it seems to get more and more extreme. How long more can they peddle this stuff out and call it weekend entertainment. You can't turn on the TV anymore without seeing some talentless hopefull trying to sing or dance, or people getting serious surgery because they feel fat/old/ugly, No amount of surgery will fix what is broken on the inside.

Most reality TV shows have one thing in common, they all feature people who are deluded and have low self esteem. The sad thing is that people will watch it and it will keep on being made until we don't watch it anymore. Its a sad reflection on our society as a whole.

Spot on.

The X factor is definitely not the worse of them though.

Agreed

I can't stand watching that utter rubbish but Simon is entertaining...for the three seconds it takes me to realise what it is I'm watching then I change the channel.

The worst is Big Brother....

I had a go at Cheryl and then watched some of the show on Saturday and now I take it back she is a babe and I'm glad I was wrong! Regards the show being for airheads etc do people not think its good to actually have some easy to watch entertainment that doesn't require your brain and doesn't refer to our economy our other disaster. Its early evening entertainment and in fairness for all the tone deaf maniacs whenever an actually good singer turns up it is good to listen to. Maniacs are the entertainment, good singers are the justification!

I had a go at Cheryl and then watched some of the show on Saturday and now I take it back she is a babe and I'm glad I was wrong! QUOTE]

I actually did not know who Cheryl Cole was or looked like but this thread peaked my interest. So I had a look yesterday and she is very nice looking. Quality.

I actually did not know who Cheryl Cole was or looked like but this thread peaked my interest. So I had a look yesterday and she is very nice looking. Quality.

But WAAAAAY too skinny, she actually makes Dannii Minogue look heavy. Her head is too big for her body.
I saw her on Saturday night on X-Factor and remarked to himself 'she looks like a famine victim who has been to hair and makeup'.

But WAAAAAY too skinny, she actually makes Dannii Minogue look heavy. Her head is too big for her body.
I saw her on Saturday night on X-Factor and remarked to himself 'she looks like a famine victim who has been to hair and makeup'.

She's come a long way, that's for sure. I'm struggling a bit with the reminder that she got done for assault but is still "up there" when they kicked a girl off last year because they discovered she was a bully, it smacks of double standards.

I really felt for her and the guy she knew from "Popstars" that must have been so tough on both of them. That said, I hope she doesn't go through the entire series crying.

Back