The X Factor.....it's BACK!!

Bubbly Scot

As a family we're strangely addicted to this show, especially the first few weeks and the "audition-ees" (remember the "Princess" in the chair! :eek:)

No more pouty Sharon Osborne, she's been replaced by Cherly (sp) Cole, not sure if I like that yet but anything's got to be better than that guy they tried to replace the lovely Mr Walsh with! Glad to see the back of Ms Osborne though.

So 6.30 tomorrow evening, tv dinners on our laps, as is the tradition, we'll be glued.....will you?

The thing I don't really like is they're guaranteed the Christmas No. 1, seems a shame they knocked Westlife off their perch!

Love it too ... whole family is glued to it ... it's great family entertainment.
I must say I love Mrs O... her hair colour defies belief ... thought she didn't look well in the last series though ... shaky on her feet when walking.
That Minogue one ... ugh ... she makes my stomach churn ... ever since her days in home and away - does she own shares in a black eyeliner company?
Louis is daft but loveable ... and simon ... ah simon ...
Roll on Saturday night!

C'mon!

Don't really like any of this stuff (Ms Caveat does) but surely Sharon Osbourne is better entertainment value than Louis flippin' Walsh?!?!

Yeah but this immigrant loves his accent, that guy could keep me entertained just reading the phone book!

Him and Mr King who does the weather :D

Yeah but this immigrant loves his accent, that guy could keep me entertained just reading the phone book!

Him and Mr King who does the weather :D

urrrrghhhh - Martin King and his posturing and alpha male stance while using a voice designed to charm the grannies - cant stand him!!!!!!

sorry for that little outburst - delighted x-factor is back, enjoy the auditions more than the last few weeks of it, the auditions is where all the entertainment value is!!

I admit that I like X Factor - particularly the honesty of Simon Cowell.
However, I hate the hard luck stories of the contestants and how they play songs such as "I believe I can fly" while said contestant is telling the story of how their poor Granny died. I think they milk this angle too much; almost to the point that the contestants know they need a way to hook the voting public in and will put a spin on their "tough" childhood.

Can't wait, it will be pizza night in my place and the OH will love it this year with the addtition of Cheryl Cole.
Love Simon, he's brutal but often honest and says what some of the contestants need to hear!

ad

Can't wait, it will be pizza night in my place and the OH will love it this year with the addtition of Cheryl Cole.
Love Simon, he's brutal but often honest and says what some of the contestants need to hear!

ad

You mean Cheryl 'I'm the new stick in pop' Cole. That plus one of the worst tatoos to ever appear on a womans thigh and the fact that she's married to a moron are enough to not consider her worthy of being eye candy.

You mean Cheryl 'I'm the new stick in pop' Cole. That plus one of the worst tatoos to ever appear on a womans thigh and the fact that she's married to a moron are enough to not consider her worthy of being eye candy.

Hey - come on - Cehryl is SERIOUS eye candy in any mans book.
She certainly is in mine anyway.

And Danii is fantastic eye candy too.

Why? Because she likes a tv show that has a massive viewing audience and is back each season only because there is an audience for it?

Ach! ignore him/her. If s/he's serious we can't help..if it was an attempt at a joke it fell flat cos I didn't get it.:p

There's always one :rolleyes:

Ah yeah! those sob stories! they're really cringy.

Guys, it's all sounding a little bit desperate if a man has to rely on C-listers in The X-factor for their eye candy...

Guys, it's all sounding a little bit desperate if a man has to rely on C-listers in The X-factor for their eye candy...

Just speaking for myself it doesnt concern me if my eye candy is of the A-list celeb variety or the no-list window cleaner variety who does the office windows every so often..............

And on that note - why is there no eye candy for the ladies on x-factor???? Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh just dont float my boat.

Just speaking for myself it doesnt concern me if my eye candy is of the A-list celeb variety or the no-list window cleaner variety who does the office windows every so often..............

Nor me as it happens, it's just that if eye candy is a motivation, there are much easier ways of satisfying your needs. ;)

In fact I think I prefer eye candy of the no-list window cleaner variety - female that is.

Anyway, I retract - I say I'm not into this stuff but watch it with Ms Caveat and have to admit, there is some enjoyment to be had. As reality stuff goes it's by far the best.

In fairness, what does Cheryl Cole really know about music to qualify her as a judge.

I often watch the first couple of weeks to see the bad people and after that I get bored because it has all been done before. Remember "sing em a song Della" - priceless.

Have to agree, hate the sob stories, one of the girls last year had a massive sob story, tears and all and she eventually got thrown out for being in a violent gang who attacked people. It's all lies and staged, but the auditions can be funny. I always think its strange that the very last person in every audition has the sob story. Its bad enough they are bullied/picked on/etc but to add insult to injury they get bumped to the back of the queue too. Clever editing.

ive no doubt we'll be watching it in our house,
but i must ask the following questions :
1st winner is nowhere since winning,
last years winner has never been heard of since,Leon
his name was i think,
Andy Abraham is now a property developer,
its a bit of a joke really how these people come and go
overnight.
leona lewis of course is a fab talent,but by far the exception.
anyway i think its more about the tv programme than any search
for talent,but i like listening to cowell,id love to ask him to respond
to above questions and defend show!
my wife will insist we watch despite my reservations!!
so enjoy all,and i greatly look forward to the stunning cherl as judge.
its just a bit of fun for our nightime,nothing too serious!
F

Back