Tattoos on Women

Therein lies the attraction methinks...... is it because you're nearing the old Four O and subconciously need to feel or look younger? :D

Ha, ha, no, it is only in more recent times that for some reason I have become more of an individual and I have to say, a wee bit of a rebel.

Call it a mid life crises, as I said above, red sporty looking car is on the way (seriously)

All I need now is a toyboy!

Ha, ha, no, it is only in more recent times that for some reason I have become more of an individual and I have to say, a wee bit of a rebel.

Call it a mid life crises, as I said above, red sporty looking car is on the way (seriously)

All I need now is a toyboy!

I am pretty much in the same boat and am wondering what you decided in the end....?

http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=16625

I like the idea of temporary ones. Maybe the new trend for next year - see link.

You could use MAC paint pots and have a colours by numbers kind of thing.

I considered one a few years ago but chickened out. If I was to get one I had decided on the back of my neck which could be seen only with short hair or hair tied up.

Went with the red sporty car, went off the tattoo idea and still looking for a toyboy

stupid_1392153i1.jpg

As Theodore Dalrymple said: ''refutation of the doctrine that the customer is always right. In the tattoo parlour, the customer is always wrong".

In any case, the individuality of the designs chosen for their tattoos by the middle classes is strictly relative. The iconography is limited and depressingly reminiscent of the “art” produced by prisoners, which is violent, crude, garish and pagan, however well-executed. It is a visual exhibition of modern superstition, the superstition of people who have strong emotions but weak minds and a very limited cultural and historical frame of reference.

Read the full article here: http://www.newcriterion.com/articles.cfm/demello-dalrymple-2647

I just don't understand the tattoo thing?

Most of the one's I've seen were bad drawings which I wouldn't put in my copybook never mind my arms.

I was at a staff party last year and a girl I know and respect had a butterfly on the back of her shoulder - a pale blue purple colour and the art work was poor. I have to admit that I now see her in a different light - it looked cheap and tacky.:confused:

I heard of a case where a Chinese national enquired of a tattoo'd lady as to why she had the word "supermarket" tattooed onto her shoulder...

Nuff said

daithi

Well, "life begins" for me next month, as they say, so anybody under the age qualifies!

I heard of a case where a Chinese national enquired of a tattoo'd lady as to why she had the word "supermarket" tattooed onto her shoulder...

Nuff said

daithi

Maybe I'm slow but if there is a joke there I don't get it :confused:

Maybe I'm slow but if there is a joke there I don't get it :confused:

Aw Caveat - let me explain to you....

Tattooing used to be a subculture type of thing, heavy metallers, bikers, sailors would get tattoos but ordinary people did not.

Then it became 'fashionable'.

Part of the fashion was that silly westerners saw chinese writing and thought 'oh that looks cool - ill get my name tattooed in chinese' - which made no sense as there is no direct character translation set for english names into chinese characters - silly westerners just wanting a tattoo that 'looked' pretty without questioning what was being done.

So - many tattooists who were happy to make a quick buck by doing whatever the customer wanted offered various 'words' in chinese and also offered things like 'your name in chinese' (even though that never made sense).

Turns out something 'got lost in the translation' and many people with their chinese writing tattoos think they have either their name (or loved ones name) or some cool meaningful word like 'Peace' on their tattoo -but really they have the chinese word for supermarket or a string of meaningless symbols that is no more a name than sdfhwukld is.

:eek: D'oh - of course.

Added points for patronisation though... ;)

Yeah, Chinese characters, Sanskrit, Celtic bands ... they're like sooo individual these days. :rolleyes:

Back