Tattoos on Women

I'm sure its just me...

Is this you? :D

2300606296_6cf28b6891_o.jpg

I have 5 small tattoos, all in places where no one but me and whomever I choose to show would know about them. I selected them all for a personal reason, and I love them. I spent plenty on getting a great artist to do them, and I would never rush into it. I love my tattoos, and yes, I am a girl.

People might not live to be a granny, so why not take the chance now if you want one. I would never ever change mine, no regrets here!

As a mere man, I have to say that there are no circumstances where a tattoo looks well on anyone, man or woman. Men with tattoos look like jailbirds, which is suppose is the idea -- guys with no self-confidence trying to look hard. A tattoo on a woman makes her look cheap; I wouldn't be seen dead with a woman with a tramp stamp.
A tattoo projects an image of someone who is uneducated, lacks class and is incapable of thinking clearly. Putting a disfigurement on your body that can't be removed if you change your mind is crass stupidity. It's like sticking slices of stone on the front of your house, or putting up pink net curtains, but with a house you can always move if you see sense.
Don't believe me? Did you ever see a granny on the beach with tattoos and agree that she looked well?

I agree 100 per cent

Ultimately I am happy for people to indulge in whatever sort of body modification they choose to - if thats what makes them happy.

Plastic surgery is no different to tattooing, nor is piercing (which I personally feel squeamish about but have no issues if someone else wants to pierce themselves). There are a whole range of modifications available to people - some permanent, some temporary, even dying ones hair can be viewed as body modification.

Its a persons own body to modify as they choose. Even if I dont find the results particularly attractive I wouldnt judge someone based on their body modifications, no more than I would judge someone based on their looks.

Putting a disfigurement on your body that can't be removed if you change your mind is crass stupidity

Your wrong there, tattoos can be removed if you want to remove them.

A tattoo projects an image of someone who is uneducated, lacks class and is incapable of thinking clearly.

This is your opinion, not a fact, or do you have proof of this being a fact? I would like to see it if you do.

Its a persons own body to modify as they choose. Even if I dont find the results particularly attractive I wouldnt judge someone based on their body modifications, no more than I would judge someone based on their looks.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

talking of being squemish with piercings. I got my belly button done in college and after a few months it got caught in my belt buckle and ripped out taking a lump of belly button and a lot of blood with it, I now have a horrible scar and it so wasn't worth it. I'd like a tattoo but don't know how to choose what to have and I'd be afraid of the pain

This is your opinion, not a fact, or do you have proof of this being a fact? I would like to see it if you do.

Even if it were fact, there is nothing wrong with a person being uneducated or having a 'lack of class' - it doesnt make them any less worthy as a person. They are still human beings and as 'good' as any snob.

talking of being squemish with piercings. I got my belly button done in college and after a few months it got caught in my belt buckle and ripped out taking a lump of belly button and a lot of blood with it, I now have a horrible scar and it so wasn't worth it. I'd like a tattoo but don't know how to choose what to have and I'd be afraid of the pain

I feel a bit ill after the belly button story!!!!

The tattoo pain is (if memory serves) only bad for the first couple of minutes till the adrenaline kicks in. I dont recall it as being really awful. Suppose it depends on a lot of factors like where on the body, level of detail in the tattoo, size of tattoo etc....

I would much rather get a tattoo then a piercing, even looking at peoples piercings makes me feel sick!

My other half has four tattoos on his upper arms, got them when he was a teenager so they are very dated looking now although he doesn't regret getting them. I can tell you sincerely that he is the nicest, kindest most hardworking guy you could ever meet and having tattoos doesn't change that in the slightest. What is sad is that people such as lollix judge so readily and automatically assume that he is a wannabe hardman! - nothing could be further from the truth!

ps: what's wrong with pink curtains?? :)

I toyed with the idea about twelve years ago. In the end I decided against it as I didn't think it would look so good in my older years. I'm glad now I resisted the temptation. I talked it over with Mr Bubbly and we'd gone so far as to discuss the design and location.

I don't mind a small, personal, well placed one on a woman but I agree you really have to think about the future impact. I went on to work in a "professional" capacity and taking my jacket off to reveal a tattoo on my upper arm just wouldn't have given the right impression.

Maybe I'm getting older but I'm coming around to thinking that any visual tattoo on a man or a woman just doesn't look good.

Maybe I'm getting older but I'm coming around to thinking that any visual tattoo on a man or a woman just doesn't look good.

My own view is that it is something personal anyway - I wouldnt get anything that I couldnt cover if I chose to while wearing a business suit. But that attitude also applies to the type of clothing I wear for work - I wouldnt go into a business meeting in spike heels, a mini skirt and a belly top either!!

I agree - although it doesn't change the fact that a woman with tattoos would be less physically attractive to me.

I agree - although it doesn't change the fact that a woman with tattoos would be less physically attractive to me.

Or a man with a shaved head and piercings throughout his face would be less physically attractive to me - but I wouldnt assume he wasnt a nice bloke because of it.

Or a man with a shaved head and piercings throughout his face would be less physically attractive to me - but I wouldnt assume he wasnt a nice bloke because of it.

Of course - but it doesn't mean it's a good idea - which I took to be the point of the thread.

Of course - but it doesn't mean it's a good idea - which I took to be the point of the thread.

But perhaps its a good idea for the person with the body modification?
If it makes them happy and they like how their tattoo looks etc....
Some people dont find tattoos physically attractive, there are others who find them very attractive. And some who dont care either way Id imagine.

Back