Tattoos on Women

Interesting thoughts both ways.

Mid life crises temporarily averted.

Might pass on the tattoo and just go with the red sports car.

But perhaps its a good idea for the person with the body modification?

Well, at the time at least - and I'm sure this is a big problem for many. Anyone I know with tattoos has regretted getting them.

If it makes them happy and they like how their tattoo looks etc....
Some people dont find tattoos physically attractive, there are others who find them very attractive. And some who dont care either way Id imagine

Can't argue with any of that. It's no-one else's business at the end of the day - that's a given.

BTW, it's not just that I don't like tattoos on women -I don't like them full stop.

Well, at the time at least - and I'm sure this is a big problem for many. Anyone I know with tattoos has regretted getting them.

I dont regret mine, my OH doesnt regret his. I do know one friend who got one removed and another who has one she doesnt like though but a lot of people I know with them seem happy with them still.

But I did put 4 years of thought into my first one, which is probably why I am still happy with it now.

I think a lot of people get them without thinking it through.

As a general rule I like the idea of tattoos - but Ive seen many that dont look good at all.

I was thinking of getting one too. I kind of like them- a small discrete one that can't easily be seen. I might have to think about it for another 4 years though, like Truthseeker, before I commit.

So that was you on the test drive on the Naas Road ;)

Shhh! Keep it quiet.

Interesting thoughts on the tattoos though. Agree with the posters who like something small and personal, think they definitely do suit some people.

Again, on men, I hate indian ink and huge tattoos, but do like something less obvious.

I was thinking of getting one too. I kind of like them- a small discrete one that can't easily be seen. I might have to think about it for another 4 years though, like Truthseeker, before I commit.

I did some trial runs during the 4 years with henna tattoos - tried out different places before committing to the place I chose.

If youve got someone who is arty handy you can also get them to draw on you with felt tip for a trial run.

Best of all - if you take a pic of yourself, design the tattoo you want, you can place the tattoo on yourself in photoshop and see how well it fits into the lines of your body, resize it, change colour of it etc...

If you are wanting one anywhere there is defined muscle under the skin Id advise getting an anatomy book out and designing it so that it fits with the underlying muscle structure.

I've always resisted the temptation to get one, particularly when all my friends got them in teenage years - am very glad now!. I don't have any female friends who don't regret getting their tatoos, particularly now that they have stretched with pregnancies etc ha ha ha. I hate the usual tattoos that girls get anyway, butterfly on the ankle, rose on the shoulder blah blah blah - all very tedious, I also hate seeing tattoos on a girls arm - awful looking. That said, I have been watching Miami ink lately and some of the tattoos they can do are absolutely amazing, like works of art on your skin, still wouldn't get one though!

They were some strange pregnancies your friends had to cause stretch marks there lol

They were some strange pregnancies your friends had to cause stretch marks there lol

I think the ones that have stretched were actually the ones on stomachs or just above the 'lady bits'. I have one friend who had a very badly placed indian symbol on her stomach when she was 16 - at 28 with two kids it isn't pretty!

I don’t like them but have thought about getting the words “your face” tattooed on my buttock. Only so that I can say to people “I have your face tattooed on my ass”.
I was thinking of getting my will tattooed on my lad but my solicitor said it might not stand up in court.

I was thinking of getting my will tattooed on my lad but my solicitor said it might not stand up in court.

Badum-tish!

I've often thought of getting an entire body tattoo - except a bit better looking and an inch or two taller.

Spend it all before you go and this would be irrelevent ......... by and large;)

Small ones look great on young wans but have to say the thoughts of a 40-something or older (as they will be one day) with old faded,stretched and saggy tatoos.......ugghhh.....sad I'm afraid..:eek:

Small ones look great on young wans but have to say the thoughts of a 40-something or older (as they will be one day) with old faded,stretched and saggy tatoos.......ugghhh.....sad I'm afraid..:eek:

The skin itself will be old, faded, baggy, stretched etc...with age - no ones body looks like a young wans in age!!! Regardless of tattoos!!

They do degade though - my own little one is pretty blurred by now.

Have to say....its not all about the young wans.....only considering getting my first and not long away from the big 40!!

Am pleased to say nothing is heading south any way soon either.

Back