Tattoos on Women

a nice little maori symbol on the lower back just above the hips, whilst wearing a tight pair of jeans reaching for a nice cold one at the top of the fridge. yeah thats good alright.

Good or Bad?

I've always resisted the temptation to get one, particularly when all my friends got them in teenage years - am very glad now!. I don't have any female friends who don't regret getting their tatoos, particularly now that they have stretched with pregnancies etc ha ha ha. I hate the usual tattoos that girls get anyway, butterfly on the ankle, rose on the shoulder blah blah blah - all very tedious, I also hate seeing tattoos on a girls arm - awful looking. That said, I have been watching Miami ink lately and some of the tattoos they can do are absolutely amazing, like works of art on your skin, still wouldn't get one though!

Also think they look awful on women, and sometimes not great on the blokes either.

There are a lot of girls out there with tattoos that I am sure they will live to regret. You are almost a wierdo now if you DON'T have a tattoo!

If they are discreet and not too big then they can be ok, but nothing worse than being at a wedding when one of the bridesmaids has a massive one on her bicep. Hideous.

I like them. But to put it in context, I like tattoos that are asthetically attractive, well placed on the body to work well with the bodies natural lines and curves, personal to the individual (as in, the rose on the shoulder etc is just 'copycat' tattooing IMO), and tattooed professionally (Ive seen quite a bit of sloppy work in Ireland).

I have one. Its a quote from one of my favourite series of books. Its on my ribcage - above where would stretch with a pregnancy, and probably going to be invisible when gravity pulls my boobs down with age :)
Because of the placement its something that is only ever visible in a bikini or underwear - most people would have no idea I have one.

I am planning another one - just havent gotten round to it yet - it took me 4 years of mulling it over to finalise the placement for my first one, and Im around 3 years into thinking about my second one. Its going to be another quote or piece of literature - I like words on the body.

I am planning another one - just havent gotten round to it yet - it took me 4 years of mulling it over to finalise the placement for my first one, and Im around 3 years into thinking about my second one. Its going to be another quote or piece of literature - I like words on the body.

Maybe this one for your next tattoo?? - very attractive imo!

[broken link removed]

As a mere man, I have to say that there are no circumstances where a tattoo looks well on anyone, man or woman. Men with tattoos look like jailbirds, which is suppose is the idea -- guys with no self-confidence trying to look hard. A tattoo on a woman makes her look cheap; I wouldn't be seen dead with a woman with a tramp stamp.
A tattoo projects an image of someone who is uneducated, lacks class and is incapable of thinking clearly. Putting a disfigurement on your body that can't be removed if you change your mind is crass stupidity. It's like sticking slices of stone on the front of your house, or putting up pink net curtains, but with a house you can always move if you see sense.
Don't believe me? Did you ever see a granny on the beach with tattoos and agree that she looked well?

As a grandfather myself, I keep a special look out for them ....pant pant pant:D

This one for example? [broken link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t like them but have thought about getting the words “your face” tattooed on my buttock. Only so that I can say to people “I have your face tattooed on my ass”.

As a mere man, I have to say that there are no circumstances where a tattoo looks well on anyone, man or woman. Men with tattoos look like jailbirds, which is suppose is the idea -- guys with no self-confidence trying to look hard. A tattoo on a woman makes her look cheap; I wouldn't be seen dead with a woman with a tramp stamp.
A tattoo projects an image of someone who is uneducated, lacks class and is incapable of thinking clearly. Putting a disfigurement on your body that can't be removed if you change your mind is crass stupidity. It's like sticking slices of stone on the front of your house, or putting up pink net curtains, but with a house you can always move if you see sense.
Don't believe me? Did you ever see a granny on the beach with tattoos and agree that she looked well?

Well there's a great enlightened view of people. Talk about judging a book by its cover. :rolleyes:

Back