Real women vs media/model/mag. ideal

Best example of a real curvy woman who is attractive is Nigella Lawson. You can tell she eats what she cooks and looks fabulous on it. In her last series I did think however, that she had put up a lot of weight and would want to be careful.

Yes! How could I forget about Nigella?

Eat away my love...

but I think Pierce Brosnan for example is a very handsome guy with a realistic look, he is not overly muscle bound, he is not in his early 20s, he has normal hair/beard sometimes.

I think the male 'ideal' is a lot more realistically attainable than the female 'ideal'.

Our 'ideal' is attainable but we have to look like James Bond!

There are plenty of women who are attractive but would be more attractive if they lost some weight. That doesn’t mean they should but it’s true none the less.

Thats definitely true - the danger however is that attractiveness is subjective.

So for example you may find me more attractive if I lost 3lbs, Cavaet may find me more attractive if I lost 6lbs, ClubMan may find me more attractive if I stopped posting altogether (only joking Clubbers) - the point is what is attractive for you is not necessarily the same for someone else. When people, and unfortunately it seems women are a bit more sensitive to this, start bowing to what they feel other people think would be more attractive the danger starts. These people fall prone to Anorexia, Bulimia (sp?), unnecessary invasive procedures.

For me, the secret is finding confidence in yourself. This confidence is not a fake/show-off confidence but rather someone who is secure and happy in themselves. This type of person, be they male or female, size 8 or size 16, to me is very attractive.

Back