Polish Windows (Importing Windows from Poland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any links at all for buying windows and doors abroad. i tried searching online but couldnt locate anything. any sites german, sweden, polish anything would help?

My family are in the windows game and I can guarantee you that the list you have there would never cost 26K.

Absolute ridiculous prices being spouted in this thread.

Whats the after sales service like from Poland? Do the call out within an hour or two?

fair play to you,everything should'nt be about cost.i had polish builders in,who installed windows sourced from poland and built a two storey extension for me.they and my guarantee have since disappeared!
just be very careful,there's a lot to be said for backup!
no irish window installer will be interested if you get into difficulties

BTW I've been given the number for a company called schenker for the transport. has any one used them?

Schenker are a very big company & reputable enough.... you may want to insure goods for any potential damage during transportation.
Incidently, you will want to make sure that they are packed/crated/secured correctly for the long journey.

Wood is natural and does not give of any toxins... i don't mean to be rude or smart but... for the person who does not appreciate the beauty and practicality of real wood... pvc is the way to go...

or, Save A Tree, Use PVC.

I appreciate the beauty and quality of my grey-coloured uPVC. I do not appreciate all the hassle and maintenance of timber for my windows. Now, everyone is different, of course, but to suggest the timber is superior to uPVC is a bit too simplistic.

They both have their places, and uses.

btw, we used Polish windows in a house, but one thing to bear in mind (and I assume other imports, too.......) - they do not use window cills like ours, so the frames came with no downstand/nib at the front, to cover the cill. I would not use any window that just relied on a sealant at that point - it will dry out, and it will leak - both water and air (tightness.......)

or, Save A Tree, Use PVC.

I appreciate the beauty and quality of my grey-coloured uPVC. I do not appreciate all the hassle and maintenance of timber for my windows. Now, everyone is different, of course, but to suggest the timber is superior to uPVC is a bit too simplistic.

They both have their places, and uses.

uPVC has a life of 10 to 15 years then starts to deteriorate the only way to get it back to complete insulation efficiency and colour is to take it out and replace it completely.
In that same time you`d have to re-finish your wooden windows 3 times at a fraction of the cost of replacement. Not to mention the fact that a time will come when uPVC will be outlawed then you`ll have to get wooden windows in then. Of course anybody who gets wooden windows now won`t have that problem.

My In Laws Have Pvc Windows In Nearly 26yrs ,double Glazing Needs Replacing Alright And Seals Gone Now In One Patio/;balcony Sliding Door But Otherwise Are Fine And Frames Wont Need Replacing.dont Understand How Thermal Efficiancy Could Be Effected As Its Air Chambers Not Gas Filled Foam In Most Upvc Windows That Insulate

My In Laws Have Pvc Windows In Nearly 26yrs ,double Glazing Needs Replacing Alright AndSeals Gone Now In One Patio/;balcony Sliding Door But Otherwise Are Fine And Frames Wont Need Replacing.dont Understand How Thermal Efficiancy Could Be Effected As Its Air Chambers Not Gas Filled Foam In Most Upvc Windows That Insulate

Sorry I should have said uPVC lasts forever but the seals, hinges, handles sliding mechanisms won't if it was wood you'd be able to just replace the bits but not with uPVC.

I have 2 uPVC windows in my flat they are about 15 years old the seals have deteriorated, I have hunted the length of Ireland trying to find new seals for them the only answer I've been given by window people is you've got to replace the windows entirely, apparently seal design has changed over time, i.e. new ones won't fit.

If you put a new piece of white uPVC beside your old white uPVC windows you'll see the difference between them easily. If you don't want tatty, yellowish looking frames you'll have to put new windows in because you can't paint uPVC and if you could that would defeat the whole purpose of having them in and would the first place.

As for the few problems that your in-laws are having with their uPVC windows I can guarantee those problems will escalate. Within a few years they'll be putting in new windows because problems with windows always keep coming, at least with wood you can fix them easily but you can't do anything with uPVC

.....except put new ones in....

Yours

hello,

I've come across this thread. someone asked about links to any Polish websites. as I'm Polish I may be of some help. here it goes:

* timber/ pvc windows
http://www.slowinscy.com/

* timber windows
http://www.stolbud.pl/
http://www.eurostyl.net.pl/

* pvc/alu ones
http://www.oknoplast.com.pl/
http://www.abatex.pl/

from what I checked the above given sites have the English version available.

I haven't used any of those windows myself but my in-laws in Poland did some home improvements recently and ia. got Velux timber windows installed in their roof. Velux are quite well known in PL of high quality roof/attic solutions, however their site appears to be in Polish only. nevertheless if anyone's interested there it is:
http://www.velux.pl/Produkty/Okna_do_poddaszy/

best of luck. regards,

Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for the websites, they are very helpful and look impressive.

Many thanks

Angela59

Importing Windows from Poland - is it worth it for 5 windows?

Just wondering,
Would it be worth going to a polish window company for 5 wood framed windows?
We need to replace 5 windows in the old part of the house (matching is not an issue) Plus a front door, but the doorstore in Belfast seem to be the best value for the door.
Tks.

I've just bought my windows and doors in the process of picking up a wood pellet stove.

Can any one advise on transport? i want to use a truck not a container.

Someone suggested a company called baku but I cant find any information on them.

tnx

Due to the downturn in construction it's as cheap to get your windows n this country as to buying them overseas.

just ordered all our windows and doors last week for house and garage for €14,000 supplied and fitted. they are bog oak inside and outside, 33 windows (not huge ones) mostly 900mm - 1000mm, 1 set of french doors, front door with two side windows and fan window above door, back door and door for garage.
i am happy enough with this and the company concerned is well recommended and established in the Midlands for many years now. we also went and looked at 4 of their finished jobs and all were very happy with their work.
to be honest, i have never considered buying windows direct from Poland, cant be bothered with the hassle and i am happy using local people to do everything for me. i am based in London so building from my office here ! and so far absolutely everything is running great, not one issue yet and may it stay that way.

what do you find hard to believe ?! are you referring to my post ? please be more specific.
how much the windows are ?
the fact i have never considered buying windows from Poland?
or armchair building ?
my windows are standard bog oak pvc. , the windows you are looking for are obviously a much higher spec (ref. your other posting) if they are costing 54,000 but i think i would like them made of gold for that amount.

OK....

I phoned 4 companies to bring in my windows (15 windows 2 sets of French doors one pair opening inwards and the other pair opening outwards) The kitchen window is 2.8 meters long which apparently is a problem for transport. All the windows and doors are tilt and turn including the center pane of the front living room. High uv factor, sound proof and argon filed glass. Total cost 3,800.00.

As for as the transport is concerned, without mentioning names I was quoted 3800 for a full truck (unnecessary) to 1500 (priced on cubic volume). Then just as an after thought, I contacted a courier who delivers to Poland but usually comes back with only a few parcels. My windows are being collected from the factory and delivered to my door in a boxed truck, for 800 euro.

Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back