Polish Windows (Importing Windows from Poland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood is natural and does not give of any toxins... i don't mean to be rude or smart but... for the person who does not appreciate the beauty and practicality of real wood... pvc is the way to go...

...what about the chemicals used to treat/impregnate the timber, or the stain/varnish? .........or we could say, "save a tree, use PVC" - wood is o.k. for those who're prepared to mind it, for those who're prepared to live with the colour of it, for those who're prepared to re-finish it every X no of years. I could even suggest that timber frames are, in fact, a cold bridge..........but I won't :D

I got 19 windows and two doors white pvc average size 4 1/2 * 3 1/2 feet for €5100 last october. There are pilkinton glass me very happy. Its a Galway company

You might want to talk to Peter Ennis in Universal Building Products 053-9140386

He has a 40ft lorry come in from Poland every month full of stuff and can literally source anything.

Here is one one of his websites www.GlassBlocks.ie

We were quoted for 22k for timber windows and front door in Ireland but we got our windows in Poland for 11k (including 18 windows, patio door, 2 balcony doors and front door). They are beutiful, finished to the highest standards, solid wood (mahogony) and we are extremely happy with them. and who cares about after sales service, if you're saving 11K??!! You can always call your local handy man to replace the glass or hinges or handles. The transport was 3k but we also brought tiles, furniture and floors at the same time so it really worked out cheap. Highly recommended!

Having read all the replys above, can someone recommend a transport company to ship windows from Warsaw?
Ive ordered my windows and doors but only have one quote from a transport company, would like another just to be sure.......

Hi Kalila.

Could you let us know who you used in Poland so I can check them out. We need to put in wood windows and the cost is very expensive - so a reduction in price would be great. Pine is not suitable for the SE unfortunately.thanks brk

Hi Kalila.

Could you let us know who you used in Poland so I can check them out. We need to put in wood windows and the cost is very expensive - so a reduction in price would be great. Pine is not suitable for the SE unfortunately.thanks brk

See his other post re. recommendation for his windows.

Hi Kalila.

pm me your no.

Yakis,

Could you share the information with the rest of the forum - would also like to know the name of the company.

Many thanks.

First sorry about my English, is still poor after good few years here, now I doing a Job around Limerick and the man import most of materials for his house(400m2) from Poland . He said if I want he may give me a number of company which supply transport for him .I will know details tomorrow that’s why I ask about pm . sorry . I will know the details tomorrow and then I will share with all. Sorry again . to be fair I will find out myself other companies, there is lots of them.

Transforte 0048618242781
C.Hartwig Gdynia SA 0048228730260
Hof-Trans 0048227874420
Vega-Trans0048914187444
I don’t know do they speak English. If not contact me pm, I will organize that for .No connection with any of the companies, no charge, just a fewer(^) ;-).

The company Im using are in the south I can give you the details if you require them. I'm getting upvc. A polich friend gave me the contact. When I initally contacted them the price was 2K dearer. I immediatly replied saying that i wanted the Polish price not the Irish price! Within 2 mins the price had droped by the 2k.

So dont be afraid to negiotate. Im also shopping around for a composite door. I was quoted 2,800 here. Im told that I can get it for 450 euro in Poland.

However transport is the big unknown.

I would love to know what kind of windows people are putting in for the prices quoted above and the alleged savings. PVC is PVC where ever it comes from. I got the following quote for woodgrain PVC windows with low e-glass with a U value per unit of 1.6:
4' 2" X 4' 3" Quantity 14
3' 0" X 3' 6" Quantity 2
4' 2" X 3' 6" Quantity 2
2' 6" X 3' 6" Quantity 1
6' 0" X 4' 3" Quantity 1
single PVC back door
Double French doors
Teak front door with glass panels at either side.
It came in at 7.5K including installation plus aftersales service, if i opted for a wooden laminated version with a U-value of 1.1 was 2.5K more.

Am i missing something here with regards pvc windows????

Who quoted you this price?

My windows are all tilt and turn with 2 sets of patio doors.
1 870 x 1100 tilt and turn

1 870 x 1100 tilt and turn full opening
2 1800 x 1100 2 openings
3 2400 x 1500 2 openings tilt and turn
4 as above
5 1800 x 1200 2 side openings
6 550 1550 side opening
7 french doors 1800 x 2100
8 1550 x 1550 2 top openings
9 700 x 1550 side opening
10 as above
11 french doors tilt and turn slide 1800 x 2100
12 1100 1800 side opening tilt and turn
13 1200 x 1800 2 side openings tilt and turn

toughened safety etc etc

gas filled blah blah

all knobs and knockers......

1/3 deposit down balance on completion
hardwood window boards included if i want them
espag window locks
multi locking doors

3,900 euro incl vat.

Personally, all I want is a window i can see out of and one that will keep the elements out .
If an irish company can give me this then i'll run with them.

I have got companies that will supply and fit my windows to the extension but who will not do the old part of the house.

So if i have to arrange fitting i may as well as arrange the whole lot.

Irish suppliers are going to have to wake up and smell the roses. The world has got smaller and the celtic tiger is gone!!!

As far as after sales are concerned, it seem to me that you can be weeks waiting for someone to come back to you when you buy irish, so I'll sort out any problems myself.

Finally just so I dont cheese off any irish suppliers out there, Im not recommending any one to buy foreign, I'm just stating that it suits me to do it!!!

BTW I've been given the number for a company called schenker for the transport. has any one used them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any links to these polish sites pleasee :)

I got 19 windows and two doors white pvc average size 4 1/2 * 3 1/2 feet for €5100 last october. There are pilkinton glass me very happy. Its a Galway company

Johnny Boy,
Will soon be starting a build in Co. Galway (Timbre Frame) - can you tell me the name of the Galway company that supplied you with your windows? PM me if you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back