New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

Theoracle, is it your understanding that all the 4 beds in the DM are gone, or is it just the phase (1) 4 beds in DM?
I think the reason they are going up in price relative to HP is that there are a lot fewer houses in DM, and IMO the estate looks better.

Actually many more 4 bed house types in DM too, 4 or 5 I think?? May be wrong?

Ellebelle is correct. The Lavery in HP has been 490K all along, its the swift that has dropped from 490K to 440K.
I saw a north facing Lavery for sale for 490K 2 weeks ago in the sales office, this is the same price it was last September.

East west facing were 510-520k I've heard and south up to 50k up on the original "from" listing of 440k.

Both misleading imo

I think it inaccurate to say that the prices of HP are dropping - the 3 beds have risen in price, the 4 beds have a lower starting point, given they have different garden sizes and aspects to phase 1 and the 4 bed detached house type has risen by over 50K. I think HP is being quite misleading in advertising the 4 beds as starting from 440K, particularly as the majority are well in excess of this and some up to 650K.

I'm finding it hard to gauge which estate is more in demand. People seem to consider that there are pros and cons to both...

HP is far more in demand. House size, amenities and transport (access to public in particular) prob the reasons I'd say as DM is more manicured. That's because it's got management fees though.

HP has outsold DM about 2-1. They have more houses to sell but that has no bearing on demand. If DM was where HP was and the houses the same size I'd say it would be sold out....

No doubt HP is the better all round estate and pound for pound the Lavery is prob the best house around if you can get one for 490-520k. Huge attic ready to convert with a 40ft back garden if you want to extend kitchen/living which is great for future proofing. 490 was absolute lowest for these and just for north facing back with tall trees of Winterwood (Ben Dunne) to the rear. I wouldn't discount how big a negative that is. I looked at and didn't buy one on day 1 for that reason. I know another 2 who also didn't. Bit silly in some ways given our weather but it's a "negative" I suppose. Better aspects are above phase 1 price for Lavery now I hear. We're there any south facing in phase 2?

HP is far more in demand. House size, amenities and transport (access to public in particular) prob the reasons I'd say as DM is more manicured. That's because it's got management fees though.

HP has outsold DM about 2-1. They have more houses to sell but that has no bearing on demand. If DM was where HP was and the houses the same size I'd say it would be sold out....

No doubt HP is the better all round estate and pound for pound the Lavery is prob the best house around if you can get one for 490-520k. Huge attic ready to convert with a 40ft back garden if you want to extend kitchen/living which is great for future proofing. 490 was absolute lowest for these and just for north facing back with tall trees of Winterwood (Ben Dunne) to the rear. I wouldn't discount how big a negative that is. I looked at and didn't buy one on day 1 for that reason. I know another 2 who also didn't. Bit silly in some ways given our weather but it's a "negative" I suppose. Better aspects are above phase 1 price for Lavery now I hear. We're there any south facing in phase 2?

Have you moved into HP yet?

Yes a good while now - but didn't get the southerly aspect we were looking for!

Really happy with the place, the 3 estates are all nice but for the reasons above it ticked all the boxes.

Yes a good while now - but didn't get the southerly aspect we were looking for!

Really happy with the place, the 3 estates are all nice but for the reasons above it ticked all the boxes.

Have you got in broadband yet? I was wondering do Eir offer fibre to the home for brand new estates? This is the fibre that offers the 1000Mb/s speeds rather than the 100Mb/s speeds.

How do you find the traffic in mornings and evenings if you drive?

No
Have you got in broadband yet? I was wondering do Eir offer fibre to the home for brand new estates? This is the fibre that offers the 1000Mb/s speeds rather than the 100Mb/s speeds.

How do you find the traffic in mornings and evenings if you drive?

No eir lines anywhere. Nightmare so have broadband and phone through Virgin. Up to 360mb and rooms have ports built into walls.

Eir and sky said it could be 6 months for a line in a new house!

Traffic is grand. School is busy around 8.30 - 9 but I've already left by then. That's the only traffic I know of but it isn't bad... I do drive but am from the area and traffic isn't that bad compared to other areas within 10km of city centre I think. I notice a lot of the kids in st Patrick's and ccc walk. I guess it's quicker - plus the schools are in such a residential area.

Last edited by a moderator:
About a month ago they had one left with east facing garden at 395 and 2 with west facing garden were 405. Off the plans.

Do you know if these were mostly terraced houses? Have they sold any semi-detached ones?

Do you know if these were mostly terraced houses? Have they sold any semi-detached ones?

They were all terraced. Nearly all the 3 beds in DM are. There are only 4 or 6 semi detached 3 beds from memory in the whole development. These haven't been released yet but were being talked about at 430-440 when we enquired about them.

My understanding is that the 3 bed terraced houses in DM do have rear access from a shared rear access. On the plans the 3 beds that back on to the beeches estate look quite interesting- lots of greenery and long gardens.

One of those 'proposed' access points on the terraced roads is going ahead, you can see where it's being built already. The right of way into the lane at the beeches will also be a pedestrian walkway.

Anyone know if the small row of 4 x 4 bed semis in DM that look onto the side of diswellstown house have been released yet? That row looks quite nice on the plans.

Yet to be released.

Will phase 2 of DM be released in the summer? Do you know if that will be the release of all the remaining houses?

I think the phase 3 of HP will be in October.. interested to see the plans drawn up for phase 3 - doesn't appear to be any laverys in phase 2 without a north facing garden.

Lor 2016 Thanks for update on DM- imagine they will be dearer than current phase of DM at €510K?

Last edited:
From the plans i've seen, phase 2 of Diswellstown Manor will be the summer and that will be all remaining houses at that stage. I quoted figures earlier in this thread but I think about 60% of the development has been sold in phase 1 or is under deposit.

Will they go up? I would guess so. 3 beds will rise once a showhouse is there, especially with the 3 bed price rise in Hamilton taken into account. 4 beds last I checked were 515 (Not sure if they went up?) and 5 beds had risen to 620.

From the plans i've seen, phase 2 of Diswellstown Manor will be the summer and that will be all remaining houses at that stage. I quoted figures earlier in this thread but I think about 60% of the development has been sold in phase 1 or is under deposit.

Will they go up? I would guess so. 3 beds will rise once a showhouse is there, especially with the 3 bed price rise in Hamilton taken into account. 4 beds last I checked were 515 (Not sure if they went up?) and 5 beds had risen to 620.

The 4 beds don't appear to have gone up in price as from recollection they were 515K at launch. 5 beds have increased by 25K.
It is interesting that overall prices appear to be increasing for both developements (DM & HM) whereas from looking on myhome, most secondhand house prices in Castleknock area seem to be dropping their price in order to sell. I wonder is that a consequence of the new developments in the area which is impacting sellers of second hand homes to sell at prices on par to new homes..

The 4 beds don't appear to have gone up in price as from recollection they were 515K at launch. 5 beds have increased by 25K.
It is interesting that overall prices appear to be increasing for both developements (DM & HM) whereas from looking on myhome, most secondhand house prices in Castleknock area seem to be dropping their price in order to sell. I wonder is that a consequence of the new developments in the area which is impacting sellers of second hand homes to sell at prices on par to new homes..

I think there is confusion caused by the EAs on prices.

They all say "from" but you can guarantee that whatever that price is its going to be north facing/terrace etc... Even though they will have detached or south facing variants of each style.

As with many for us we weren't hung up on getting a new build but the advantages were pretty big. Many houses we viewed needed new kitchens/bathrooms/flooring/decor - some worse needing gutters/Windows/boilers etc... All the new place needed was floors and we were away and knew the "bricks and mortar" we're up to date and high spec. I'm actually surprised by the spec of components used. I mean in HP anyway the tiles were done everywhere and even the fridge and washer/dryer were in. There is peace of mind with all of that and to be honest while not a cold period we don't use the heat much. A 1600 sqft house that is 30 years old needs a fair bit of heating if only 5 degrees out. 1 hour and our house is warm for the night... Also solar water is brilliant. Nothing first thing but for rest of day we've a tonne of hot water without paying to heat it.

Personally I prefer the character of many older houses but I think the spec of new builds is pretty attractive...

Back