New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

If there is a problem at the level crossing there can be traffic paralysis round the area of the schools. DM joins the road to castleknock village out beyond the carpenterstown area / bracken / collegewood so it should be a lot more protected from this. It is an 18 minutes walk from the far entrance to DM to the train station, going the "giant three quarter circle route" ignoring any pedestrian links into the beeches / the school area or even onto the porterstown road itself.Parts of the future development of HP are further away again from the station.

From experience, the build up of traffic getting into Castleknock Village from that direction can be crazy - I can't see it being any better than the traffic around the Carpenter. DM will be closer to the train station than part of HP perhaps - I guess it just feels quite disconnected from the neighbourhood than HP, given that lack of road access

Simple fact about traffic around Dublin 15 is that unless you leave before the school runs / rush hour, you're going to get stuck in traffic regardless. D15 has bottlenecks everywhere. Anyone thinking DM will be better than HP for this or vice versa is in for a bit of a shock. Thankfully I'm on a train-line so any traffic around HP won't matter to me but if you're buying in the area and drive to work, you'll certainly have to factor travel time in for woeful traffic.

Simple fact about traffic around Dublin 15 is that unless you leave before the school runs / rush hour, you're going to get stuck in traffic regardless. D15 has bottlenecks everywhere. Anyone thinking DM will be better than HP for this or vice versa is in for a bit of a shock. Thankfully I'm on a train-line so any traffic around HP won't matter to me but if you're buying in the area and drive to work, you'll certainly have to factor travel time in for woeful traffic.

Fully agree JohnnyD - I don't think one development can be favoured above the other for traffic purposes - I think traffic at access points to both new estates will be chaotic during rush hour. Thankful to be on the train line too!!

Been following this thread over the past few months as I have been interested in all 3 developments, in particular HP. In relation to these developments just wondering if anyone buying in HP / DM / BP had the issue of the developer having fitted the skirting boards before wooden floors having been laid by the purchaser. It is annoying to say the least. Means being left with the options of removing the skirting in order to lay the floor (which might cause a bit of damage to the skirting & surrounds or else laying the floor with the skirting down and having to put beading down to conceal the gaps.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Long time reader of this blog and am considering buying in HP or DM. Does anybody have any thoughts on the proximity of both developments to the m50? Am concerned about the potential noise and air pollution which is my only worry given the quality of the houses in both developments.

Long time reader of this blog and am considering buying in HP or DM. Does anybody have any thoughts on the proximity of both developments to the m50? Am concerned about the potential noise and air pollution which is my only worry given the quality of the houses in both developments.
Hi ChampKind. I am worried about both noise and air pollution tbh. The most westerly positioned houses in both DM and HP will be better in that regard once all houses are built. I personally wouldn't buy in the later phases of HP (along M50).

Hi ChampKind. I am worried about both noise and air pollution tbh. The most westerly positioned houses in both DM and HP will be better in that regard once all houses are built. I personally wouldn't buy in the later phases of HP (along M50).

I can only speak to my own situation, the first phase of houses in HP don't seem to suffer from noise pollution at all. I've lived in a number of areas around D15 and it's no louder than where I've lived before. It's actually far quieter because of the quality of the build. You can't hear a peep when you're in the house. No idea regarding air pollution but it'll be hard to find similarly priced houses at the same quality of HP/DM around D15 that aren't close to the M50 / other busy roads.

I can only speak to my own situation, the first phase of houses in HP don't seem to suffer from noise pollution at all. I've lived in a number of areas around D15 and it's no louder than where I've lived before. It's actually far quieter because of the quality of the build. You can't hear a peep when you're in the house. No idea regarding air pollution but it'll be hard to find similarly priced houses at the same quality of HP/DM around D15 that aren't close to the M50 / other busy roads.

I'm not living in either development but from visiting the current phase of HP numerous times I'd have no concerns re m50 noise. I can't speak in terms of the later phases.

From experience, the build up of traffic getting into Castleknock Village from that direction can be crazy - I can't see it being any better than the traffic around the Carpenter. DM will be closer to the train station than part of HP perhaps - I guess it just feels quite disconnected from the neighbourhood than HP, given that lack of road access

Agree. I'm in area 30 years and the sandpits (road from DM to College) has always been a nightmare both directions at peak times. Like the rest of the area and all in Dublin etc... It's grand otherwise. Most kids going to CKnock Col and Mount S are driven - plus it's the main route for anybody in the area working south city and wanting to go via Chapelizod. It affects both estates really but DM is a pretty rural style road and if the develop it more (kellystown was planned up at Mochtas church) ut would be a nightmare both directions...

I think the transport links being close enough to all really help though!
As somebody said if your driving to town you know to leave early no matter where you around M50.

I'm not living in either development but from visiting the current phase of HP numerous times I'd have no concerns re m50 noise. I can't speak in terms of the later phases.

I have to say the heat and sound insulation are pretty amazing in the houses. There is hot water from mid morning all day and we've rarely used the heat much - there not small houses like.

Outside of the above the sound insulation is brilliant. I lived in a 15 year old house before this and could hear my neighbour turning on and off lights even. It was brutal. We can't hear the M50. With the windows closed we don't even hear too much of the building work. Late at night outside you can hear the odd truck hitting the join in the actual bridge itself. Far as I know there is a sound barrier going up when the estates near completion and will mainly be green areas over there. I'd assume big trees or hedges will be planted too as a natural barrier. They do that a lot...

Overall unless in the houses close by I wouldn't worry about it.

I see the first Diswellstown Manor's are up on Property Price Register. Must be the ones sold early on. 4 bed looks like 480 and 5 bed at 550. Think they've gone up quite dramatically since then? I imagine this means people either have moved in or are moving in. Haven't been around the front of the development recently though.

I see the first Diswellstown Manor's are up on Property Price Register. Must be the ones sold early on. 4 bed looks like 480 and 5 bed at 550. Think they've gone up quite dramatically since then? I imagine this means people either have moved in or are moving in. Haven't been around the front of the development recently though.

Don't think so. Seems the orientation of houses left and house types are the reason for price.

There is not a €50k premium for south facing - south facing swift in phase one sold for €450k.
Not sure about that ?The Swifts were advertised as €490k, same as the Laverys.Actually no38 with larger garden was €520k.Do you think EAs then contacted the people with deposits and said price has dropped by €50k?We'll see soon when the south facing swifts go on register, none on it yet.

Been following this thread over the past few months as I have been interested in all 3 developments, in particular HP. In relation to these developments just wondering if anyone buying in HP / DM / BP had the issue of the developer having fitted the skirting boards before wooden floors having been laid by the purchaser. It is annoying to say the least. Means being left with the options of removing the skirting in order to lay the floor (which might cause a bit of damage to the skirting & surrounds or else laying the floor with the skirting down and having to put beading down to conceal the gaps.

Echo what others have said about the build quality in HP

We hear zero sound in the house, day or night compared to other house we rented where we could hear next door neighbours alarm clock going off in the morning!

We faced the issue with skirting boards and really wanted to take off and put down wooden floor, as figured it would be a cleaner finish.

We decided against it in the end and are delighted we did so- we figured the risk of damaging the wall was too great.

We went with high quality beading and tbh the result is excellent and blends in so well. People have commented to us on how nice floor is and that the white beading looks like it's part of skirting board, so no issue in the end!

I have been looking at both of these developments and am in the market for a 3 bed in either. Currently holding out for a 3 bed in Diswellstown as I think it's a nicer setting than Hamilton Park and the future. Hoping phase 2 for Diswellstown with 3 beds launches soon. Good information source here so thanks everyone for help/advice.

Am due to complete shortly for a house in HP. I have contacted a few companies to try and get home insurance quotes. The house doesn't show up on their system, therefore getting quotes is very hard. Can anyone who has already moved into HP please confirm who they have house insurance with. Also, can anyone recommend an alarm company that they have used. Many thanks

Echo what others have said about the build quality in HP

We hear zero sound in the house, day or night compared to other house we rented where we could hear next door neighbours alarm clock going off in the morning!

We faced the issue with skirting boards and really wanted to take off and put down wooden floor, as figured it would be a cleaner finish.

We decided against it in the end and are delighted we did so- we figured the risk of damaging the wall was too great.

We went with high quality beading and tbh the result is excellent and blends in so well. People have commented to us on how nice floor is and that the white beading looks like it's part of skirting board, so no issue in the end!

Thanks for the update Dizzle

Back