New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

Has anybody got their snagging completed for any of Lavery or any other houses yet?
FTB2016-Yes it is true that property price register will give people idea of prices but the fact that register does not include VAT so will not reflect exact prices that ppl have paid. Current price register shows most of three bed houses sold for €348,017.62. So what's the actual price for these houses then..

Actual price is €395k for the 3 beds that are on the register - these have increased now to starting from €410k

Has anybody got their snagging completed for any of Lavery or any other houses yet?
FTB2016-Yes it is true that property price register will give people idea of prices but the fact that register does not include VAT so will not reflect exact prices that ppl have paid. Current price register shows most of three bed houses sold for €348,017.62. So what's the actual price for these houses then..

395k. The price advertised for phase 1 3 beds.

Again some of the 3 beds went for more than 395k. There are a couple south facing in cup de sac and a couple of detached. Other than where you see rows of the same house the prices all differed...

I think the only house that they checked prices on we're the Swift with north facing garden, the others seem to have gone like hot cakes relatively speaking or at worst held their price from opening day.

To be honest the swift is a great house for 440k I think - but agree it made no sense to advertise it on same ad as the two bigger 4 beds. they probably should have advertised each separately....

Agree with that Bobsworth. 440k for a new build 4 bed is by far the best value in the area.

Anyone know what the cause of the delay is in opening up Diswellstown Manor. The houses on the "show house row" where supposed to be available in late December and its almost March now, no sign of occupancy...

Does anyone know how the second phase of both DM and HP are selling? Are many still available for purchase and which house type is proving more popular in each development?

Does anyone know how the second phase of both DM and HP are selling? Are many still available for purchase and which house type is proving more popular in each development?

The second phase of Diswellstown manor won't be released for another few months possibly May, last update I got. The last 4 bed of DM is now sold apparently, this was priced a 515K increase of 35k since launch back in Oct. It's strange to me that the prices in DM are rising and HP prices are dropping, the interest in DM must be significantly higher.

Theoracle, is it your understanding that all the 4 beds in the DM are gone, or is it just the phase (1) 4 beds in DM?
I think the reason they are going up in price relative to HP is that there are a lot fewer houses in DM, and IMO the estate looks better.

The second phase of Diswellstown manor won't be released for another few months possibly May, last update I got. The last 4 bed of DM is now sold apparently, this was priced a 515K increase of 35k since launch back in Oct. It's strange to me that the prices in DM are rising and HP prices are dropping, the interest in DM must be significantly higher.

I think it inaccurate to say that the prices of HP are dropping - the 3 beds have risen in price, the 4 beds have a lower starting point, given they have different garden sizes and aspects to phase 1 and the 4 bed detached house type has risen by over 50K. I think HP is being quite misleading in advertising the 4 beds as starting from 440K, particularly as the majority are well in excess of this and some up to 650K.

I'm finding it hard to gauge which estate is more in demand. People seem to consider that there are pros and cons to both...

Last edited:
Ellebelle is correct. The Lavery in HP has been 490K all along, its the swift that has dropped from 490K to 440K.
I saw a north facing Lavery for sale for 490K 2 weeks ago in the sales office, this is the same price it was last September.

It's only phase 1 Diswellstown Manor which has been released so far. About a month ago they had 2 x 3 beds left on the plans with all else sold or with deposits down. Phase 2 will have a mix of 3/4/5 beds. There's much of a muchness between the two estates. It really just depends what your priorities are.

It's only phase 1 Diswellstown Manor which has been released so far. About a month ago they had 2 x 3 beds left on the plans with all else sold or with deposits down. Phase 2 will have a mix of 3/4/5 beds. There's much of a muchness between the two estates. It really just depends what your priorities are.

How much are the 3 beds in DM going for do you know?

Don't think so at all. No reductions anyway. Like for like HP are now higher priced too for all houses bar the swift. Seem 5-10% up on launch.

The 515k 4 bed was bigger and had better plots than those at launch. In DM many of the best plots were on launch.

Back