New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

It was worse on day 1 of phase 1 - think 150 turned up. Again I dunno how many were released yesterday but I'd be surprised if that many left.

Defo not a bargain but for the area, amenities, size, spec etc... they are tough to beat locally.

Still a bit mad I suppose

Was up there at the weekend. The large 4 beds are 490K and the three storey 4 beds are €440k- reduced from €490K. My understanding is that the 3 beds are in high demand, but there were 4 beds that were unsold. I think they are good value. 700 people interested just means 700 people have registered an interest online at some point over the last while- it does'nt mean there is a waiting list of 700 people.. There were'nt hordes of people there, just the usual interested people and the lets look at a show house on a rainy day people. Any idea when they are opening up the neighboring estate diswellstown manor?

Be interesting to see how phase 2 interest is in Diswellstown Manor. Will most potential buyers have gone for properties in Hamilton or will people hold off? Pros and cons to both I suppose.

Anyone know if the 2 neighboring developments are connected by a walkway or gate, so diswellstown manor people can get to the shops/ school, and the hamilton park people can get to the GAA grounds / hotel?

Buying off the plans, queues ten deep, waiting for office to open!! This place is either the bargain of the century (defo not based on 500K prices) or else we've lost the plot, again.

I was up in Hamilton on Saturday around 2pm. lots of people queuing up to put down booking deposits. 440-490k for A2/A3 4 bed houses in Carpenterstown doesn't really fall into "lost the plot territory" for me. Especially as this is really the last real area of development that close to carpenterstown as there's mature estates to the north, St. Patricks, the M50 and DM to the south.

Anyone know if the 2 neighboring developments are connected by a walkway or gate, so diswellstown manor people can get to the shops/ school, and the hamilton park people can get to the GAA grounds / hotel?

The plan is for pedestrian access from DM through to Carpenterstown.

There's one right of way that's been confirmed for pedestrian access, to the side of DM.

The other two depend on park developments to finish Hamilton park as that backs onto where the two proposed ones enter into. These are a joint project between the two developers.

Was up there at the weekend. The large 4 beds are 490K and the three storey 4 beds are €440k- reduced from €490K. My understanding is that the 3 beds are in high demand, but there were 4 beds that were unsold. I think they are good value. 700 people interested just means 700 people have registered an interest online at some point over the last while- it does'nt mean there is a waiting list of 700 people.. There were'nt hordes of people there, just the usual interested people and the lets look at a show house on a rainy day people. Any idea when they are opening up the neighboring estate diswellstown manor?

Not sure the issue over 700 interested names? Don't think I mentioned a waiting list, property in new developments is bought like this much of the time - registered interest basically signs up for updates for pricing/phase launches. It is a good gauge of "interest" none the less and something the industry and others use to define "interest" generally. Doesn't mean there are 700 "buyers"? Definitely not "hoards" of people either but 40 to 50 at least at all times when open on sat and sun. Regardless there were queues and plenty of people buying houses on both days. More queuing than window shopping and many that just got out of cars and walked into the sales office or joined the queue. I spoke to some who looked at DM but preferred the size and extra rooms in the 4 bed in HP. I like the layout of DM but haven't seen inside - have just heard its noticeably smaller in the large 4 bed. I think more house types too so not 100%.

The 4 beds are "from" 440 and 490k but for both there is a garden premium and you can pay much more for ones with south or even any orientation other than north. I believe many smaller type 4 beds weren't 490k to begin with and its not really a reduction. Similarly no detached 4 bed was 490k - they started at 590k. Didn't understand the small, large and detached 4 bed being the same price in phase 1 but many 2.5 story were south facing while 2 storey were north. There are 3 types of 4 bed and prices have about a 200k difference min - max. AAbout 70% of large 4 beds are north facing at the rear, they are 490k. It's a shame so many are north facing at rear, they could have mixed it up. No surprise to find south facing versions 20-30k more im sure.... I believe there are waiting and cancellation lists for large 4 beds that don't face north at the rear but the ones available at 490k are excellent value for the size, spec and area I think. Not like we get great weather anyway!

Any idea why the delays to DM? Many houses are long finished (maybe 2 months) but still no people have moved in. I heard a story that there was something they need to connect to for water but it's in Hamilton park and Park Developments don't want to give access. Could be total gossip but was a reliable person that told me...

Also don't think either are pegging to Bracken. It's a nicer estate than HP or DM I think and shows in the price. Both DM and HP have gone up in price in most aspects as bracken did but the difference in all 3 remains...

On the "future development" - both estates have boarders with land sectioned for residential development. NAMA own the land DM is on and are building it, they don't own HP or the land immediately around it - although they are funding it to some degree. That's why Ruth Coppinger selected DM for her protest. All they include in the DM brochure is what they can. They are so close together any future development will impact them both I would say. I think they remain in their launch order with Bracken the premium, Hamilton in the middle and DM just below. If a 4 bed 143sqm semi d in bracken is the same price as a 4 bed detached 170sqm house in HP which is the same as a 5 bed 190sqm house in DM then they follow pretty well defined price differences. A 5 bed in Bracken is 200k above 5 bed in DM and the same ahead of the largest 4 bed in HP.

Cheapest 4 bed semi d is 440 in Hamilton Park and is 510 in Diswellstown Manor. We've bought in Hamilton FYI and are happy with our decision.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread but Hamilton Park future development includes 2 apartment blocks and a creche. Not a massive deal but agents denied it when we initially spoke to them at first release stage and asked was there any plans re apartments.

Last edited:
Cheapest 4 bed semi d is 440 in Hamilton Park and is 510 in Diswellstown Manor. We've bought in Hamilton FYI and are happy with our decision.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread but Hamilton Park future development includes 2 apartment blocks and a creche. Not a massive deal but agents denied it when we initially spoke to them at first release stage and asked was there any plans re apartments.

I heard Hamilton might even have retail units?? But 1 (maybe 2) apartment block looks like it will be built right between both estates, it would actually be closer to the houses in DM than those in Hp as beside the school. But across the road from the hp houses? Same as you agents weren't really giving definite answers when we asked them....

You have to compare like with like though. It's the cheapest available for a start and the 2.5 story isn't comparable to the 2 story in DM that still has an attic to convert. Also the 510k DM houses are better than the original ones for 480k on orientation and type.

If you look for a 4 (2 story) bed Lavery with south facing garden in HP I think it would cost more than 510k, it was about that for ones with east or west facing back gardens on day 1. Plus I think HP sold better than DM to date from chatting to people...

DM has many more house types and will have 2 bed terraces etc... Too. There are only the 4 house types in HP and the 4 beds in DM can only be compared to the Lavery with an orientation other than south. They could be 510-550 depending on the plot.

It's ambiguous in Hamilton as I think the advertising is misleading. The 440k gets a 2.5 story with north garden, some of those with a big south facing plot went for over 500k in sept..... Then you've Yeates going for well over 600k but smaller than the 5 bed in DM. Don't think advertising helps tbh

I think they remain in their launch order with Bracken the premium, Hamilton in the middle and DM just below. If a 4 bed 143sqm semi d in bracken is the same price as a 4 bed detached 170sqm house in HP which is the same as a 5 bed 190sqm house in DM then they follow pretty well defined price differences. A 5 bed in Bracken is 200k above 5 bed in DM and the same ahead of the largest 4 bed in HP.

I agree that BP is ahead of both HP and DM based on the house layouts but you pay more for these as a result. It would be interesting to look at each house on a price/sqm basis to see how much difference there is. The look of the HP houses puts me off a bit, from the outside they don't look nice at all. The mixture of colours is really poor. The nicest ones are the grey brick ones but the red brick and buff brick look really poor I think. Where on the other hand DM and BP both look much nicer from the outside.

I think DM is the nicest estate, it's drive in is much nicer than any of the others and has a huge green area out to the front. Both HP and BP will have apartments eventually which DM won't which probably makes DM the smallest estate also. HP is a huge estate and the traffic flow out of there will be a nightmare when it's fully completed given that there is a school also right beside it using the same roundabout for access. This was a huge negative for me when deciding between each of them.

Location wise is subjective really. BP is further away from shops and public transport but is in a much more exclusive area of Carpenterstown. If you get in at the front of HP then you will be closer to the public transport than DM, but much of HP will actually be further away than DM in that regard.

All in all I think any of them are really good, I would happily move into any of them to be honest.

Was looking at these with a potential of putting a deposit down for phase 3 (July 16) for either The Orpen or maybe (at a push) The Swift......judging by these increases I think that this will be out of our price range (1st time buyers) going by this increases.......shame as we were impressed with the show houses.......back to the drawing board so

Was looking at these with a potential of putting a deposit down for phase 3 (July 16) for either The Orpen or maybe (at a push) The Swift......judging by these increases I think that this will be out of our price range (1st time buyers) going by this increases.......shame as we were impressed with the show houses.......back to the drawing board so

That's a real shame but wouldn't get too disheartened as they are a serious house for anybody to buy let alone a first time buyer! Choosing one of these 3 estates is really a 1st world problem!

I hear there is a phase 2 of Woodbrook going up at the other end of the road. Very convenient location and Woodbrook/Riverwood are very nice estates. Somewhat mature now. It's to be 2,3,4 and 5 beds with some small apartments but will have a canal side setting which is pretty cool.

Might be worth checking out as prices tend to be a little bit lower I think in that area? I think it's launching end of year or early 2017. Even the apartments down there are bigger than some houses!

I agree with Pauric, I think DM is the nicer of the estates and really like what they've done with retaining the parkland although you do pay for this to the tune of 600 euro per year. I do worry about traffic in HP when the apartments go in but I suppose you can't forecast these things.

All in all I think both are great options for people and we would have been delighted to live in either. Best of luck to everyone that does.

It is a personal preference I think - we weighed up a 4 bed in HP against the 4/5 beds in DM and drew up a pro and con list of both. HP ticked more boxes for us, particularly given that second downstairs living area which could be a kids room.
I think both estates are great options and personally I prefer their location to BP.

I've been following this forum since past few weeks and seems people have lot of interest in both of these estates. For me HP is good location because of easy accessible rail service and the schools in the area but house size and layout of three bed house is very common and feels too small comparing to four bed. Lavery is the only one type which really good but again all lavery houses have north facing garden.

Just FYI regarding appartments in HP, according fingal planning permission there will be more than 2 appts/duplexes blocks build in this estate. In first phase of complete developement there will be two apparment blocks which will have around 52 no. 1/2/3 bed appts and the rest are planned for the next phase. When asked to estate agents they do not give any correct information. Answers I have always got is ,yes there will be few but they don't know how many'. I think they are misleading people. The way the house prices are inreasing is really disappointing for people who want to buy their very first home.
This is just my opinion that people should also look for other new developments in D15 which are more spacious and have lot less price than these estates.

I had posted this earlier but just for the benefit of the people that maybe new to this thread -

From what I can see on fingal.ie, planning search, Hamilton Park currently has planning for 438 units in total (originally 538, then 450, now 438), with 225 being constructed during phase 1. Under ref: F08A/1425, the following is an excerpt from the Proposal -

SIGNIFICANT ADDITONAL INFORMATION / REVISED PLANS RECEIVED 14TH AUGUST 2009:- The revisions include a reduction in the overall number of residential units from 538 to 450 now comprising 16 detached houses, 93 semi-detached houses, 124 terraced houses, 25 duplex units and 192 apartments...

The above was amended from 450 to 438 units under ref: FW14A/0044 which I believe contains the most up to date Site Layout Plan /Block Plan. Well worth taking a look at the Site Layout Plan /Block Plan to get a picture of how both Hamilton Park and Diswellstown Manor will sit together when both are completed. Hamilton Park, when completed, comes as far as the Luttrellstown Road adjacent to Diswellstown Manor, directly opposite the Castleknock GAA Grounds. Hence it will eventually occupy the land between Diswellstown Manor and the M50.

In fairness to the estate agents this does not necessarily mean that those exact numbers of each housing type will be built. It may prove more beneficial for the developer to revise existing planning down the line to react to what the market wants at that time. The latest submission I can see on fingal.ie, specifically FW14A/004, is dated April 2014 so as things stand this is whats planned but I'd imagine it's fluid.

Last edited:
Back