Lost!

Noor77 said:
Have we found out yet why Jack was on the flight??? I think maybe his wife died ...and he somehow blames himself for what happened.

I'm sure they are all linked together from before the flight ....

we know sawyer met jack's dad
locke worked for the box company that hurley invested in when he won the lottery

I'm sure there are more connections!

His Dad died, he was bringing the body back to the US. It was in the cargo hold! If there is a second series it is unlikely that any of the mysteries will be answered in the last episode!

Never made the Box company connection. Its seems the more you analyse it the more connections and nuggets of info you get out of it. rather like a big puzzle. loved the recap but if hadn't watched previous episodes you wouldn't get the whole picture from it - like the numbers thing - spooky.

Wiggles said:
His Dad died, he was bringing the body back to the US. It was in the cargo hold!

Was this shown yet???
Hmm...the mystery thickens.

Also ...re: the box company ..we know that Locke worked there and Hurley invested in it..and we also know that the crazy guy Hurley got the numbers from used to work in the company with the guy HE got the numbers from!

I didn't get the connection with the box company either. I would LOVE to watch the program with other LOSt fans as i always watch it on my own and it isn't the same not being able to say "did you notice that..." to someone. I hope there isn't a huge gap between when series one is shown and series 2!!!!

Noor77 said:
Was this shown yet???
Hmm...the mystery thickens.

Also ...re: the box company ..we know that Locke worked there and Hurley invested in it..and we also know that the crazy guy Hurley got the numbers from used to work in the company with the guy HE got the numbers from!

That episode was shown, I think that is how he found the fresh water in the caves when we went looking for his Dad's coffin.

any ideas why the numbers are on the hatch???!?!?!?

fobs said:
I didn't get the connection with the box company either. I would LOVE to watch the program with other LOSt fans as i always watch it on my own and it isn't the same not being able to say "did you notice that..." to someone. I hope there isn't a huge gap between when series one is shown and series 2!!!!

Starts next Wednesday in the US.

Wiggles said:
That episode was shown, I think that is how he found the fresh water in the caves when we went looking for his Dad's coffin.

any ideas why the numbers are on the hatch???!?!?!?

I got the following from the web...

the numbers are....
4 ... 8 ... 15 ... 16 ... 23 ... 42

666 actually is mixed in
The first five numbers add up to 66. And 42? It's root is 6 (4+2=6, according to numerology)! So, there you go. 666

then you also have...
815 was the flight number
815 was the safety deposit box number
815 was Michael's appt number

who knows what they mean.

The only thing I can think of is that the person who told the crazy guy the numbers was actually on the island himself at some stage and saw the hatch then .i.e. in chicken and egg terminolody - the hatch came first!!!

I also think that if we knew the birth date of Claire's baby it would be signifcant ...and would possibly have something to do with the mystery numbers too.

If the numbers do signify the "dark side" ...then we should be looking out for things that add up to 777 or 7 ..which would signify God ...or help I suppose:cool:

The crazy guy got the numbers from a transmission picked up while serving in the army (some part of some army, not sure it was specified which or exactly when) and monitoring transmissions in the Pacific. Crazy guy's colleague at the time is the guy who won the how many beans competition using those numbers and ended up living out in the Australian back of beyond. The transmission with the numbers was replaced by the Frenchwoman's message.

The threads on boards.ie will give you lots of information on the different links between different parts of the show - lots of very observant people over there. Plus a few people on those boards living in the US who have had months to ponder all this stuff!

With regard to the numbers, they are very manipulatable (is that a word?) and if you add/subtract/multiple/divide them in different ways you could get them to mean almost anything you want.

Hi Norr,

The episode with Jack's dad happened quite early in the series, where as the episode with his wife happened much later so you must have missed it. I didnt make the box connection either so well done on that!

The whole series has been shown here and all Ill say is not many questions are answered (hope that isnt a spoiler). I hope it doesnt do an X-files where it just gets more weird with too many unanswered questions getting to the point where you give up on it.

That said....roll on series 2.
cas

Hi guys

What did you all think of last nights episode?! Kate is certainly volatile ... a bit of a tearaway. And what does Walt know about the hatch? I only realised last night that it was him that burnt the first raft. Strange. :confused:

I don't think I can wait until next week!

There is a lot to Walt.

Didn't the polar bear only appear when Walt was reading the comic book with pictures of polar bears in it back in the first few episodes!

Is it all Walt's imagination so??? I have to say I would be pretty annoyed if it is! I didn't realise that thing about the polar bears.
What are the "others" ????!!!!:p

Noor77 said:
Is it all Walt's imagination so??? I have to say I would be pretty annoyed if it is! I didn't realise that thing about the polar bears.
What are the "others" ????!!!!:p

No idea who the others are, but from looking around the net its all left wide open for the next season which starts in the US tomorrow!!

I don't think its all in Walts head but the little guy knows stuff.

Is next week the finale? I thought Kate's story was unusual. Thought the first crime she committed was thre bank robbery but it seems she was already on the run at this point. And wasn't it strange her mother's reaction to her so she must have done something to her mother at some stage. It is a gripping series and I will miss it.

Yeah, next weeks double episode is the finale :-( I was really suprised at Kate's story. I had assumed that the robbery was a once-off thing. It seems like all the people that we assumed were dodgy at the start are actually the most normal!

I wonder have the Irish TV stations been showing two episodes a night for the past few weeks to catch up with the US show as internet/spoilers can ruin shows like this. We might have the second season fairly quickly!!!! Fingers Crossed.

Here in switzerland they were shown some time back in double episode format too. Maybe thats the way the show requested to broadcast?

Back