Key Post: the best pizza in Dublin?

just want to resurrect this...there was a new pizza restaurant opened up in Ranelagh last year, it was featured in the saturday Irish Times supplement.Supposed to be authentic Italian etc.

Anyone got an idea the name of it ? I have googled but cant find it. Or if a current recommendation close to Ranalagh can be made that would be great.

There's an Il Fornaio in Kilbarrack.

The only place I can think of in Inchicore is Mick Wallace's place on Grattan Terrace.

Eh Il Fornaio is on the Kilbarrack Road not actually in Kilbarrack, bascially nearer bayside.

Lovely pizzas and italian food(Sit in and take away)

Also my fav pizza is from mizzioni

just want to resurrect this...there was a new pizza restaurant opened up in Ranelagh last year, it was featured in the saturday Irish Times supplement.Supposed to be authentic Italian etc.

Anyone got an idea the name of it ? I have googled but cant find it. Or if a current recommendation close to Ranalagh can be made that would be great.

Bistro Bianconi - It's a pizza takeaway and excellent.

There's also Pinnochio, which was covered in an IT supplement, but that is an informal Italian cafe/restaurant and I don't think they do pizza.

These two are opposite each other beside the Luas.

You might be thinking of this article [broken link removed] about Fran Carroll’s Bistro Bianconi?

It actually shut down late last year. The old website was

It reopened recently & the new website is http://www.bistrobianconi.ie/

I don’t know if the menu is similar or if Fran Carroll is still involved.

Used to love Chew'n'Chat in Ranelagh, past buy a while back and saw it was now 4 Star pizza, damn those drab, bland franchises.

Italian Connection on Talbot Street. Run by italians, small and busy, but the pizzas are really good.

Back