Key Post: the best pizza in Dublin?

Re: the best pizza?

Unregistered said:
IL Fornaio Kilbarrack

i have to agree, was there a month ago, they get the margherita pretty bang on...also rice stuffed tomatoes, lovely stuff.

Newly opened Italian in the Step Inn in Stepaside. Pizza's are superb..Take home available... A1 Sharon in the immortal words of Georgie Burges ( The Snapper )

There's a small place called Toffoli on Castle street in the city centre - best pizza i've ever had outside Italy, and so reasonably priced!

Milano's is nice...but for the real thing outside of Italy, as a number of people have already mentioned here: Il Fornaio in Kilbarrack!!

Bigfoot said:
There's a small place called Toffoli on Castle street in the city centre - best pizza i've ever had outside Italy, and so reasonably priced!

Yep definitely a great lunch spot (dont' think it's open in the evenings?)... simple fresh ingredients just lovely - you can really see that they're passionate about the food which is a refreshing change from many other places

They normally can do one or two pizzas (the sometimes dont' call them pizzas but something else I don't remember) and some sandwiches .. it's part Deli, part Wine Shop & part cafe ... I've been there several times and never been let dissapointed

Main drawback is it's tiny.. hardly any seats at all.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin that does good Chicago style deepdish pizza?? Thanks

I dropped into Miller's Pizza on Uppr Baggot St yesterday. I hadn't been there for some time. I doubt the Italians would recognise them but their gourmet pizzas are both excellent and different. (And reasonably priced).

I love Il Fornaio in the IFSC. I agree they may be a bit over-generous with the cheese for some peoples liking, but the pizza base is the best around by a long way.

Nice house red and outstanding coffee too.

Got to be Southside Diner in Geroge`s St. I think they changed there name recently/ Couple of doors up from the George pub. Absolutely yummie

cagney said:
Got to be Southside Diner in Geroge`s St. I think they changed there name recently/ Couple of doors up from the George pub. Absolutely yummie

Is it South Street you're thinking of? If so it used to be good until they renovated a couple of years ago - now it's just awful.

Used to go there years ago but don't think I was ever sober enough to remember the food! Basically it was a late night drinking spot with incidental food.

I have to say that my favourite pizza in Dublin is in Da Pino on the corner of Parliament Street. I particularly recommend the Calzone... mmmm.....

€7.95 lunch menu - choice of pizza + side salad + drink (non-alco)

gianni said:
I have to say that my favourite pizza in Dublin is in Da Pino on the corner of Parliament Street. I particularly recommend the Calzone... mmmm.....

€7.95 lunch menu - choice of pizza + side salad + drink (non-alco)

Compares favourably to Rayhoon-pizza/pasta/main course+two pieces garlic bread+drink (non-also) for €10.95

Have to disagree with a couple of things here. Pizza in Mizzonis (inchicore anyways) is dreadful. Secondly Millars is very expensive for pizza, its 16-19 euro for a small pizza for one person. thats not cheap at all and its tiny. Add to that, the fact that you need to be 5'6 to fit into your table and its a terrible place.

My question is this, is there a wood fired pizza oven in Dublin? A proper one, like in Italy, with wood (funnily enough). They are everywhere in Italy and I dont think I've seen one here. Also I havent once been served a pizza in Dublin, the size of the ones in Italy, and they are normally double the price.

Back