Jim Langan's furniture gone bust

did aib make any contact with you about chargeback since you sent in your letter??i sent mine bout 2 weeks ago now same as yourself copy of receipt, irish times article etc and havent heard anything at all to even say the received the letter!

Hi there, No they made to contact with and I didn't think they were actually processing it without the liquidators being appointed. I got a letter after I had had got to money back to notify me. It did take about a month or so. Goodluck with it.

Here you go folks...this is all I have at the moment.

Creditors Meeting Scheduled.

Jim Langan Furniture Value Ltd

Stillorgan Park Hotel, Stillorgan, Dublin 18 on the 27th April 2009 at 9:30 am

Has anyone been notified of this yet. I only heard today.

when you say been notified,should anyone waiting on furniture have been notified by langans that this meeting was going ahead????i have tried ringing and calling out to the store and cannot contact anyone to find out whats happening the first i heard was when i checked on here??!!!!!

Here you go folks...this is all I have at the moment.

Creditors Meeting Scheduled.

Jim Langan Furniture Value Ltd

Stillorgan Park Hotel, Stillorgan, Dublin 18 on the 27th April 2009 at 9:30 am

Has anyone been notified of this yet. I only heard today.

Early on a Monday morning - leaves very little time to get kids to school & travel to stillorgan with Monday morning traffic.

If I was looking for a low turnout, I'd probably do the same! - Not that I'm suggesting that this has happened in the case!

If you are a customer waiting for furniture and you have paid a deposit, you should get a letter, but this is not always possible which is why it must be published in national newspapers.

If you are attending and have not had a letter make sure you bring your deposit details with you and arrive before 9.30am. - If you are not on the creditors list & don't have proof of mony being owed to you, you will be refused entry.

If you arrive after 9.30am you can also be refused entry.

9.30 on a monday morning!I have to work as would many people who are owed money from them! what am I supposed to do I cant go to that meeting, in these times I cannot afford to take time off work!

Hi, there is a letter up there now, about this meeting, from today 14th April. Signed J Stafford.

Proposed liquidation of Jim Langan Furniture Value Limited

The Directors of the Company have decided to convene a creditors’ meeting of the Company to be held at the Stillorgan Park Hotel, Stillorgan on 27 April 2009 at 9.30am.
For guidance as to what happens at a creditors meeting, you may go to our firm’s website, www.liquidation.ie, and insert “creditors meetings” into the search facility (near the top right hand side of the home page), which will take you to a page called “Creditors guide to creditors meetings”. This page explains the procedures at creditors meetings.
It is the Directors’ responsibility to notify, in writing, all creditors of the Company. It is also the Directors’ responsibility to prepare a Statement of Affairs, which should detail the Company’s assets, and schedule out the Company’s creditors. The directors must post the notices to creditors no later than 17th April 2009.
The assets of the company will remain under the control of the directors until a liquidator is appointed on 27th April 2009.
If creditors of the Company do not receive written notice of the creditors meeting, they are still entitled to attend the creditors’ meeting itself and notify the Directors of their claim.
Creditors, if they wish, may write directly to the Company notifying it of their claim in advance of the creditors meeting. In this regard, I understand that the Directors propose to change the current registered address of the Company in Liffey Valley Retail Park to the following address:
Parkside House
Main Street
Castleknock
Dublin 15
It will not be possible for any liquidator to predict what the prospects of a dividend for unsecured creditors will be until their investigations are completed.
It is apparent that a large number of individuals have paid deposits but have not yet received their furniture. Accordingly, a key task for any liquidator in the liquidation of the Company will be to carry out an investigation into these deposits and, inter alia, determine if any specific furniture has been specifically allocated to such deposits. If certain furniture has been specifically allocated to certain depositors, then it is likely that those depositors will be allowed to collect those items of furniture provided they pay the balance of the monies due. If furniture has not been specifically allocated in respect of a deposit paid, then the depositor will have an unsecured claim against the Company. It is likely that a complicating factor in the liquidation itself will be that certain trade creditors may claim Retention of Title on the remaining stock.
As the proposed liquidator of the Company I am unable to provide any further guidance to the creditors of the Company. However, if I am appointed liquidator, one of my immediate priorities will be to secure the Company’s books and records, secure the remaining assets and determine what claims depositors and Retention of Title creditors have on such assets. In this regard, I am making provisional plans to organise staffing, security, insurance and valuers.
If I am appointed liquidator of the Company I propose to keep the creditors of the Company (and in particular those individuals who have paid deposits) updated on a regular basis by updating this web page.

Jim Stafford
14 April 2009

hi all!got my chargeback from visa today so happy!heard nothin from them and like previous posters didnt think they were processing my application at all only realised they had credited my account toady when on my online banking!so thanks to everyone for the advice and best of luck to anyone still trying to sort out their situations!!!

got a letter yesterday from cc company asking for proof that we have tried to get money back through liquidator. Any idea who they are?

got a letter yesterday from cc company asking for proof that we have tried to get money back through liquidator. Any idea who they are?

The Liquidator is due to be appointed at the Creditors meeting on 27th April. All of the details are in the post two or three posts above by jlodublin.
by the way, Is anyone going?

FYI

The registered office of Jim Langan Furniture Value Ltd has changed on foot of a B2 filed with the CRO on 15/04/09. B2 signed by Jim Langan.

New registered office:

Parkside House
Main Street
Castleknock
Dublin 15

Even if you are owed money you don't need to go to the meeting. It simply gives you a chance to find out what. in the directors opinion, causd the closure of the company and get information about how much the company owes & how much the company has.

Even if you are owed money you don't need to go to the meeting. It simply gives you a chance to find out what. in the directors opinion, causd the closure of the company and get information about how much the company owes & how much the company has.

If I was owed money, I would definitely go

do i have send the forms back to get my money back i live in clondalkin cant get to stillorgan with a 14month old baby

do i have send the forms back to get my money back i live in clondalkin cant get to stillorgan with a 14month old baby

I guess you have proxy voting forms. You can sign this and efectively this mens you are voting for / against the proposed liquidtor.

Not sending it in makes no difference to your claim

Back