Jim Langan's furniture gone bust

Just wondering if anyone’s been to the creditors meeting? I had to leave after a couple of hours due to other commitments. When I was there, the opinion seemed to be overwhelmingly against voting for Jim Langans chosen liquidator. I since heard that guy was voted as liquidator at that meeting. Can anyone tell me what caused the change in opinion?

I'll answer this one as its a general question -

At a liquidation it is the value of creditors attending & the proxy votes (votes sent by post) that carries the day. Customers with deposits who did not attend would have got a proxy form. By sending this in and voting against the directors nominated liquidator it would have helped, but in this case you would have needed a few hundred to do so and also get the support of the revenue commissioners who i presume are the largest creditor. As Freil Stafford are very well regarded in liquidations, it would be unlikely that revenue would vote against them, so in all probablility the vote in favour of friel stafford was probably substantial.

If its any consolation to anybody, they are meticulous in their work.

hey silver2 my chargeback took about 6 weeks! I sent in my letter and all the bits and bobs heard nothing from visa after that until i was checking my online banking and saw the credit on my account!! still have received no communication from visa about the case whatsoever!! if you havent heard anything and its still only 6 weeks since you sent your letter(assuming you have done so!) then id give it a while and keep an eye on your account

Apparantly there is a new furniture shop now in Carrickmines that looks EXACTLY like the old Jim Langans store. The furniture are even in the same places as before. Anyone been in it?

Apparantly there is a new furniture shop now in Carrickmines that looks EXACTLY like the old Jim Langans store. The furniture are even in the same places as before. Anyone been in it?

My guess is someone has taken over the lease and has utilised the current fitout style so as to keep the set-up costs to a minimum. - I doubt if the retail park re-let it to anyone connected with Jim langan as they were owed a considerable amount of rent.

If the liquidator sold any of the assets of the company to a connected party he should have notified us as creditors of the company!

Back