'heavy metal' appreciation?

Now i feel really old - theres only a handfull of bands i know! Dropkicks i saw in the Village 3-4 years back. Love to see them again.

Anybody catch The Who last night at Glastonbury? They can still rock! And Ringos boy on the drums. Makes me think i should get a ticket for Marley park.

Anything else coming up that we should all know about?

I live in the middle of nowhere but would make the trip if something sounded good!

Caveat....yes there most certainly is !!!

My dreams for 15 years have been answered !
http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhkfgbojmhcw/

I'm still recovering from the weekend (and what an amazingly brilliant weekend it was!).

Ozzy is playing here next month but I wouldn't be bothered going. Can't think of any other decent gigs coming up.

Wanna try that link again Pique318? - doesn't work.

or was that deliberate to build up tension and expectation? ;)

Yeah - just checked. In theory, it sounds great but I dunno...

Saw Page & Plant at the point - v.good but they had the luxury of extra musicians etc. Can't imagine Bob pelvic thrusting & orgasmically yelping around at this stage. But it would be a shame to miss it no matter where it is...

So what did your brilliant weekend involve then? a 'rockin' weekend or just a normal brilliant weekend?

Last edited:
So what did your brilliant weekend involve then? a 'rockin' weekend or just a normal brilliant weekend?

Weekend at the above mentioned Graspop in Belgium. Loads of bands, loads of alcohol and loads of bumper cars!

Ozzy wasn't great
Iron Maiden were good but they played too much off the new album.
Aerosmith only ok but I'd hoped to hear Last Child.
Type O Negative, Celtic Frost, Vader, Cynic - All brilliant

Sorry - yes you did mention Graspop

...gig sounds like it was pretty good. But what do you mean by bumper cars? Is this a euphemism or do you just mean regular bumper cars?

Regular bumper cars and they were free! It was great fun, especially as they allowed head on collisions and drunk driving!

Back