e-flow Bill - mistake?

are you sure about that?? I am in dispute with them also only used the M50 twice both times got late notices, both in dec. received a letter today saying sorry late fee incorrect but one is still outstanding, granted my fault paid a few hours late, but each time i got a notice i called and the eflow operator assured me saw the payment made and would mark it paid, now i've got a solicitors letter for €146.00 got nowhere with them or eflow? i'm furious was going to pay it, has anyone been brought to court???

so you're saying ignore the letter? dont want it to get worse and end up with court costs!

Some people are not paying tolls. Some people are paying late. The vast majority are compliant. Heard a guy on Joe Duffy admitting he didn't pay and then complaining about the 146 Euro penalty! Serves him right! Let's hope the courts come down heavy on the toll violators. Why do some people feel they are special and should be excluded from paying tolls, taxes, fines etc? Corral them with the minorities among bankers, solicitors, property developers, county councillors, priests and others who give the good majorities within their groups a bad name! Eflow are supposedly prosecuting, naming and shaming them. People are going to be listed in debtors' gazettes and get criminal records. For what? Not paying a two or three Euro toll that the majority of the little people pay as part of their dues to society!

luain - i wrote them a letter and basically told them i wasnt paying due to the fact that i never got anything in the post about a 12 euro fine or a 41 euro fine either (which is true). they wrote a letter of apology and cancelled it.

Hi all I got a solicitors letter this morning regardign an unpaid toll. I paid for 2 journeys online and I admit they were 7 days late but the payment was accepted so i thought that was it. I rang the solicitor this morning and the girl said that they took the €6 payment as a late payment for 1 journey and so the second journey was unpaid. I wonder how they can do this? Also I received no notification for this happening. The girl in the solicitors said E-flow did not have to send me a letter to tell me this. Any ideas of what I should do/

Thanks Bond, I wrote a letter to e-flow to see if they can do anything I rang them but the S**thead took great pleasure in saying its out of their hands now that its gone to a solicitor.

Thanks Bond, I wrote a letter to e-flow to see if they can do anything I rang them but the S**thead took great pleasure in saying its out of their hands now that its gone to a solicitor.
Forget letters as they do not answer them. They answer emails after a week or two but say nothing. I was charged for 2 trips I did not make as I was in Austria at the time. When I rang the call centre in Newry they were apologetic but said that there was nothing they could do. I told them in temper to stick the account. Next day I calmed down and thought ok, dont cancel and seek a refund on the overcharging. Then they would not allow me to reactivate the account and kept my money. After 6 weeks they now tell me that they will refund my money by cheque but do not know when. In the meantime I used the M50 twice and now I find that they did not deduct the 5Euro from my account even though it is not fully closed yet and are adding penalties on me. They have 40 Euro of my money. I am tempted to take them to the small claims court but they will pay me the day before the court. I said I would refuse the cheque as I am not sure it would be honoured. Am I legally allowed to do that and insist that it be paid back to my Visa account wher they originally took it from?

dont no if its civ or criminal its in Dolphin House court so i say its civil.

Well If you don't defend it properly the sheriff will be around to sell your car and other stuff.

Also penalties under bye laws (which is a criminal offence) cannot be collected by civil action. That would be your main defence.
The most you will owe them is €3 per trip.

its ****e alrite dont know what te do about them just goin to have to go and hope for the best there is no way i'm payin that amonut of money plus there will be a lot more coming

Anyone have any ideas what I can say in court? I can,t afford to pay that amount of money to them and the letter says I can be blacklisted.

ive paid some tolls but i didnt pay some either and I was'nt payin them 47 euro per passage so I just let them build up and now I have a lot of letters from there solicitors and a summons for July. Plus there will be more summons to come from the other solicitors letters

Howdy, Just a little FYI as I work for one of the tolling companies - Eflow's solicitors ARE bringing customers to court over unpaid tolls. The reasons you will receive a fines from Eflow is either that your account is in violation (no money on your account for whatever reason) or your vehicle detials have not been updated on their system or your tag is not positioned correctly. The biggest reason is the vehicle reg - when you are going through the M50 - the Eflow beacons read both your tag and your vehicle reg - if the vehicle details on their system are old (it could be the old vehicle reg that you initally set the account up with) then when the beacon reads your vehicle reg - it cannot match it back to your account and thus charge you the toll. So the reason that you receive the fine is because the toll was never paid. You cannot ingore the fines as they will result in solicitors letters and they will bring you to court. You should contact your tag provider to check all the details on your account are correct. (hope this is of a little help as I know there is not alot of communication out there for customers)

Back