e-flow Bill - mistake?

locksmith

I received a bill from e flow yesterday, stating that i owed 3.80 for crossing the westlink at 7am last monday.

Last monday at 7am, I was in bed. I phoned to query the bill and was asked for my phone number and registration. I was told that a supervisor would call me back in an hour. None did. 2 hours later i again called them. I was again asked for my details and was again told that someone would call me back. None did.

My questions
1. has any one else had this problem.
2. By asking me for my details are they reqistering me by default? ( I dont want to be registered as I dont ever intend using the bridge)
3.If I was registered, they would have taken the money from my credit card, so would they refund it?

any help?

thanks

Re: e-flow Bill ?? mistake?

locksmith

I currently have 27 of these letters sitting on my desk - all the vehicles mentioned have tags - i have sent so many emails to them as their number is constantly engaged - i finally got a human this afternoon who advised me to ignore all the letters as they were mistakes!!!!! and also that their system had been down for the last two days and all they could do was take names and numbers - fabulous or what?????

I have an e-tag - it 'beeps' when I drive through other tolls, but I've just found out it doesn't work on the M50 bridge.

I came home from a recent trip to a clatter of letters looking for money for the M50 toll bridge. Each letter for one toll contains 4 sheets of paper and separate letters were sent for each 'pass through'.

When I rang and gave the details I was told some of the tags weren't registering properly and that I could just 'ignore' the letters.

What a desperate waste of time and resources!

Got a bill on Monday for the 13th September southbound on M50. Car was not within 50 miles of the M50!
Got through Monday evening and lodged a disputed charge.
They said they would ring back... but didn't.
Rang again this morning and selected option 5 "as gaeilge" and got through to someone immediately. He looked up the reg and the number had been misread! charge cancelled.

Oh wouldn't it have been so much easier to save the €80M it cost to develop this system and the €25M to run it and just add 5 cent or so to a litre of petrol/diesel?

There are very few things to which the KISS principle cannot be applied.

Oh wouldn't it have been so much easier to save the €80M it cost to develop this system and the €25M to run it and just add 5 cent or so to a litre of petrol/diesel?

Not really, what about the people who don't use the toll roads? There are plenty. I could easily survive without them, so KISS says not to build them at all.

I have about 20 of these invoices on my desk and all our cars have tags aswell.

You have to ring a 1890 number about 10 times before you actually get through and not cut off.

Then when you get through the people they have on the other end don't have a clue what their doing. Plus these people are actually based in Newry so they probably dont even know where the M50 is.

What a joke.........

Im sorry. Why should I, in Limerick pay extra for my diesel because people want to pass through the M50 for free.

Why should I pay for a road I never intend on using? Why should anybody who never visits Dublin pay for "YOUR" road?

The Limerick tunnel will be open in 15months. Will you consider paying extra on your tank of fuel so I can pass through it for free?

In fact I do use the road not often but enough that I have an Eazypass tag also I use the Fermoy, Drogheda and M50 toll. I was just making a point for those whom never visit Dublin.

I said this weeks ago. It is going to cost more money in the end employing all those staff and "franking" all those letters and dealing with all the phone calls.

It will only make the toll more expensive. I also guarantee you when the 80m system is paid off the toll will still exist.

A major problem is that other tag suppliers e.g. EazyPass, eTrip, Eirtag, Tolltag, etc do not have up to date records of their tag numbers and associated vehicles for passing to eFlow to allow eFlow add them to the tag lists on their system. These other tag suppliers have also not ensured that their customers position the tags correctly on the windscreen. Also, they have never enforced the tag per dedicated vehicle rule for years now. These are the reasons eFlow are billing these motorists based on licence plate recognition. By all accounts EazyPass and other toll operators are not coping with eFlow's superior technologies. Heard this from an Eazypassfleet account holder.

My aunt received a bill for using the M50 toll. She lives in west Cork and has never driven to Dublin in her life.

I have a friend 'in the know', and he informs me that the high tech system they have fitted was designed for use in continental Europe and doesn't work properly when it's raining! It has difficulty distinguishing 'C' reg from 'G' reg from 'D' reg etc.

Three words.....ONLY IN IRELAND!!

I have a friend 'in the know', and he informs me that the high tech system they have fitted was designed for use in continental Europe and doesn't work properly when it's raining!

Three words.....ONLY IN IRELAND!!

:confused:

It rains in continental Europe, sometimes.

Yes but it's desinged to pick up the fonts of German cars AFAIK which are quite different from the font on Irish Plates...

I have a friend 'in the know', and he informs me that the high tech system they have fitted was designed for use in continental Europe and doesn't work properly when it's raining! It has difficulty distinguishing 'C' reg from 'G' reg from 'D' reg etc.
In my experience of such systems, it is extremely rare that there would be such obvious black/white problems. Most problems are a lot more complex. I would be dubious about such simple explanations.

If you dig around on etenders.gov.ie, you'll probably find whatever spec they went to market with.

In my experience of such systems, it is extremely rare that there would be such obvious black/white problems. Most problems are a lot more complex. I would be dubious about such simple explanations.

True. But I still believe it is about time the Garda crack down on illegal number plates. There are enought of them around and at €1265 a go it would bring in a few bob :)

i've been reading through the posts above and have had the same issues, rang them 3 -4 times, got cut off many times more and been put on hold for long times once i got through. Each time i complained they said a supervisor would ring me back. I even e-mailed them. I asked them why i was deducted 2.80 for a car and they wouldn't answer, when i told them today i wasn't ever on the M50 they basically said tough we can't refund the money. I cancelled my account today as their customer service is the worst i have ever experienced

True. But I still believe it is about time the Garda crack down on illegal number plates. There are enought of them around and at €1265 a go it would bring in a few bob :)

Agree. I'd imagine that all those script number plates and ones with non-standard fonts cause havoc with number plate recognition systems designed to read the standard legal number plate.

I have tried to register for a video account last week and gave up after about 4 attempts. When submitting my details their webside would hang and eventually crash.

I took my trip without being registered and then went online to pay my toll. The system did the same - I'd enter my details, website would hang and then crash. I rang eFlow and chose every option available only to get 'Log onto our website as all operators are busy'. I sent eFlow's customer services an email asking to check if I have paid or should I pay over the phone. Surprise surprise - didn't hear back.

Now I have two 4 page letters on my desk, good will to pay but web payment will simply not work for me. I am very tempted to be cheeky and ignore it as I've wasted enough time already.

I've been trying to register a newly registered 06D car and their ssytem is not recognising it - and then the customer service phone lines are a joke .. and a really really bad one at that!

Back