e-flow Bill - mistake?

My questions
1. has any one else had this problem.

My wife received a bill from eFlow saying she used the M50 toll bridge last week and didnt pay the toll by the deadline and its an offence under various road traffic acts etc. She hasnt driven this car on the M50 for at least 3 months and was at home & car in driveway at the time in question (very very early in morning - was in bed) so we are 100% sure that this bill is in error.

Tried ringing customer services, but kept on getting message that operators are busy etc. and call was simply cut off - couldnt even wait in queue. So instead she rang the "pay your bill" number and surprise surprise, the phone was instantly answered. She asked the eFlow employee why she was being billed when she hadnt used the M50. Got the usual denial questions i.e. "are you sure...", ".. did anyone borrow your car...",".....but your car was picked up on camera....have picture...you must be mistaken......" etc. etc. essentially trying to accuse her of being a liar. She got annoyed with them and asked "what make and color is my car?" (testing the picture the employee was claiming to have i.e. if employee said "your car is a red nissan etc. (which it isnt)", then must be misread of plate. When she asked this question, the employee got real defensive saying..."well....I dont have the picture on front of me...". Wife got annoyed demanded to be sent a copy of the picture they claim to have and employee got more defensive...."well....not sure...dont give them out (isnt there a Data Protection Act issue here?) etc...". Call ended with employee saying "I'll record that you are disputing the charge and someone will check and call back". Nobody has called back & dont know how they will as she realised afterwards that they never asked for her phone number & her caller ID was turned off.

Anyone know what they do from this point forward? Do they check the picture of the car and write back apologising etc.? Anyone managed to get a picture out of them yet? I assume that they must keep them on file as they would need them in the event of a case going to Court, yet their refusal to supply them seems contrary to Data Protection Act.

Wife is so annoyed with their attitude that, if they dont withdraw the charge and apologise, she'll let it go to court, embarrass them on front of the Judge (as we are 100% sure we are correct).

Go to www.eflow.ie which has been updated and dispute the charge. If the photo of the car does not display your wife's car licence plate when reviewed, the violation will be transferred to the correct plate and that owner billed. Because of the technology in ANPR, there is approximately a 1% false positive rate on the 120,000 cars on the M50. If it is her plate when rechecked, and she was not on the M50, then it is possibly a cloned vehicle and she will need to go to the Gardai.

I did use the m50 toll bridge and paid with in 2 hours and a week later I got a bill informing me that I must pay the 3 euro charge and if I failed to do so blaa blaa blaa.
They correctly recorded my number using the toll bridge and I paid it but still got the letter.
After 6 attempts to get someone on the phone I gave up trying to get through to them.

Nothing to do with the camera in this case.
It seems there is a major systems problem if you ask me.

I've also gotten a bill for an M50 journey, but I have an eTrip tag & was billed by them already for the journey.

eFlow were a drama trying to get hold of them (email & phone). I called eTrip about another matter & mentioned it to the girl I spoke to. She was able to cancel the eFlow bill for me. I'll be calling them in future - much easier to deal with!

I just received a emailed eflow bill for the month of august for 0 euros?
As far as i am aware the tags didn't go into operation until september.
Whats going on?

Just got a €40 fine in the post for not paying my toll. My toll was paid and thankfully I kept the online receipt. Total waste of paper and postage.

I resent having to spend my money ringing them when I've already paid the toll.

Then just ignore it. You paid ther bill let them waste their time chasing you then slap them in the face with your receipt.

In November my e-flow bill was €19, E-flow took the money from my bank account but it did not show up on their system that I had paid. They added the €19 to my December bill and subsequently took that out of my bank statement. I have now made 7 phone calls to their Customer service, each time I have to relay the whole thing again to them, each time the story changes, One person says I am getting a refund via cheque, one is saying I am getting a refund via Laser - I also then sent an 0nline request, I got a response after 4 days indicating I had to send them evidence that they took the money out of my account, even though the customer service representative seen their on a top up payment made in december of €19, I believe my bank account statements are private and confidential...

What do you do in this situation, asking to speak to a Supervisor or Manager is no good, as you are told they are busy and they will ring back, they never do... I asked cud I speak to someone in Head Office, i was told that they don't have a number,

Who can I complain to, It's not the amount it's the priciple, why should they take my money on the double...

Go to www.eflow.ie which has been updated and dispute the charge. If the photo of the car does not display your wife's car licence plate when reviewed, the violation will be transferred to the correct plate and that owner billed. Because of the technology in ANPR, there is approximately a 1% false positive rate on the 120,000 cars on the M50. If it is her plate when rechecked, and she was not on the M50, then it is possibly a cloned vehicle and she will need to go to the Gardai.

I have a similar issue for a northbound toll that I didn't make. I registered the disputed charge on the website. I wonder what happens now, there was no reference to submitting my contact details, just a terse statement to provide documentation (but doesn't give any details on how to do this). Will I get a follow up letter to say that they rechecked the plate and it wasn't me?

We have two vans, with Eazypass tags, like a lot of previous posts we had lots of demands for payments in Sept / Oct 08. We called and had them cancelled ( even got an apology letter ), got one a week later and rang up and was told to ignore further letters. Last month we got a solicitors letter from e-flow looking for €300 fine. Our problem seems to be that the Eflow and Eazypass are not working together ( in fact they are competitors) so we have a tag which seems to register some journeys and not others. The problem is eflow can't help once it goes to the solicitor and the solicitor says I should take it up with Eazypass. Does anyone else have a problem / conflict like this, I've spent almost a day on the phone trying to reconcile it, but I have no faith in the people at the end of these telephones.

I got an etoll bill a few weeks ago. Not only had i not been in dublin for about a year but the car in question was scrapped four years ago. When I rang etoll she only took about 10 seconds to tell me it was a mistake and I wouldnt hear from them again. Two days later I received another one!

I'm in dispute about payment for two uses of the M50 toll. I sent 2 emails to eFlow which weren't acknowledged. After a few days, I phoned and was told my emails had been forwarded to the disputes department and to wait to hear from them. Still nothing.
It is now beyond the 14 days to pay the toll & fine. Even though I dispute the tolls & fines, I'm now thinking it would have been easier to just pay up. If I get hit with the €40 fine (x2), I'll go spare.
I hardly ever use the M50. I chose to email because I can't hang on the phone during the day. Why give the email option if no-one ever replies??

They won't take anyone to court. The whole thing will be laughed out of court if they were ever foolish enough to try it on.

Hi Bond, why do you say this? Are you in the profession? I'm really wound up over the injustice of it all and may consider going all the way to court to contest it. Just dealing with the eflow operators over the phone, you can tell that their system is in disarray, but how can you prove this.

I have a similar issue for a northbound toll that I didn't make. I registered the disputed charge on the website. I wonder what happens now, there was no reference to submitting my contact details, just a terse statement to provide documentation (but doesn't give any details on how to do this). Will I get a follow up letter to say that they rechecked the plate and it wasn't me?

Just to follow up on my earlier post. I logged the error with eflow online on Monday and today (Friday) I received a letter confirming that the toll/penalty notice has been cancelled.

i too have had problems. i passed on dec 15th and 19th. i didnt pay it on time , i admit that. i logged in a few days later and paid 6 euro. i had no idea that i should have paid more. i never got anything in the post asking for more, never got notice of the 41.50 fine and just the other day got a fine for 156 euro. i rang solicitors etc and they say it has to be paid. i am refusing to do so. i will pay 41.50 as thats what i prob owe but i never got notice of it. any advice from anyone?? can i just pay the 41.50 and tell them get lost for the rest. should i have gotten notice of the 41.50 fine??

Spursfan, This also happened to me I failed to pay the toll and got a €12 fine after 3 days etc. I rang up and the computer asked me to pay €9 with my card so I did. Last week I was sent a fine for €41 euro because I didn't pay the €3 balance. I rang eflow who said they would look into it, my case is that I couldn't argue with the computer etc. I have to wait until the end of the month for their decision. I'll keep you posted.

I recently passed through the M50 toll, and totally forgot to pay.

Only about 2 weeks later did I get the "Oh, whooops..." feeling. Hadn't received anything in the post either! Logged on and paid the €6 or whatever, but have heard nothing from eflow since. Kinda weird if u ask me.

Back