Do you have a mental picture of anyone on AAM?

what do you see me as - a travelling troubador serial seducer?
Thats about the size of it.:p

DavyJones - Over 6ft, stocky, wears snickers pants by day and jeans and munster jersey by night, clean cut and good to have a pint with.

Close, 6ft, more strong than stocky, love my snickers, have to specially order the black material. Have "designer stubble". Only wear my Munster red on match day, but I get what your saying. Oh, fancy a pint? :D

Davy Jones: attractive, easy going and absolutely reliable.

, Thats the nicest thing anybody has ever said about me.:eek::D

Mr Man: Don't ask me why, but for some reason, I always picture him as Charles kennedy (Lib Dem). Also, he has a strong moral sense, is unerringly gentlemanly, is a bit 'blokeish' but is uncomfortable with the unsavoury elements of blokeishness.

MrMan, I have a different view of him, late 20's early 30's. wears suits but not crazy on them, dark hair and 5 10.

mathepac: sandy hair, around 5" 10, serious.

Agree with the height - but I reckon dark hair. One of those who can turn their hand to anything (in a good way) great to have on a pub quiz team.

Dress Style - smart casual, early 30's. Relaxed, confident in his own skin, wont be bullied, but wont lose the head either.

There are also a couple like Chocks Away that I am unsure if they are male or female.

It is also funny that everyone has pictured most of the men as being tallish (5"10 or over) So no small man syndrome around here. (And just for Purple, let it be known that I am speaking about the "waste", metaphorically, of course)

Mr Man: Don't ask me why, but for some reason, I always picture him as Charles kennedy (Lib Dem). Also, he has a strong moral sense, is unerringly gentlemanly, is a bit 'blokeish' but is uncomfortable with the unsavoury elements of blokeishness.

And he is of course spot-on with his Smashbox/Truthseeker descriptions!
(And not too far wrong with me I have to say)

Simeon smokes a pipe, loves crosswords, moves slowly but thinks quickly, uses male grooming products although secretly thinks he might be too old for it, never knowingly breaches etiquette and looks exactly like Bill Nighy.

:D

And there I was thinking you were a nice fella, Charles Kennedy!! You should always err on the side of handsome, of all the political kennedys you could have picked. There rest isn't too far off although I think you and Manda are trying to protect my sensitive 'EA's are nice people really' side.

Totally agree with Simeon being Bill Nighy's twin.

Mr. Man - morally staight as a die, can come across as serious but with a wicked sense of humour under it all. V. well groomed and attractive. Anything from mid 30's - early 40's.

I like this one the most thanks MandaC, I see you as mid 30's 5ft 6", shoulder length curly hair, brunette, likes red wine and chick flicks?? This is starting to sound like a personals column.

MrMan, I have a different view of him, late 20's early 30's. wears suits but not crazy on them, dark hair and 5 10.
Davy gets a prize for the closest, a pint of Heinken at the West stand is waiting for you.

Well since everyone is more or less revealing their bio's then I guess I had better reveal all as well . I don't spend as much time on AAM as I would like as I have a really hard job & I have to keep alot of people happy. But hey someone's gotta do it right!

What about the movie you told Matt Cooper you were going to shoot on the Cliffs of Moher? Is it going to go ahead? Any extra bit of work available for cash-strapped AAM members in these harsh economic times? ;)

bubbly scot: dark blonde hair.always busy.

You'd be pretty accurate there, on the hair thing. Everyone says I'm always busy though :confused:

I have MandaC as mid 30's, shoulder length dark hair, friendly face and more than once I've thought she'd be cool to "do lunch" with.

I get pictures in my head for some people but I need to go through the forums to check the user names. The biggest weirdo thing is building up a picture..example, Vanilla..and then realising they're the opposite sex.

Henny Penny is bald, 40's, serious face because i used to know someone in real life with a very similar name so always picture him when I see that name

Last edited:
You'd be pretty accurate there, on the hair thing. Everyone says I'm always busy though :confused:

I have MandaC as mid 30's, shoulder length dark hair, friendly face and more than once I've thought she'd be cool to "do lunch" with.

I get pictures in my head for some people but I need to go through the forums to check the user names. The biggest weirdo thing is building up a picture..example, Vanilla..and then realising they're the opposite sex.

Henny Penny is bald, 40's, serious face because i used to know someone in real life with a very similar name so always picture him when I see that name

Aw, shucks, not too far off the mark and I have shoulder length dark hair.

For some reason I find it harder to picture the women

Bubbly Scot- 5 2- very petite, blonde, trendy.

Henny Penny - Bald - I always thought Henny Penny was a woman!!!!

The biggest weirdo thing is building up a picture..example, Vanilla..and then realising they're the opposite sex.

I get that quite a bit on AAM.

I picture Bubbly Scott as a bit like Stephen Speilberg's wife ( what's her name?) in Sleepless in Seattle, except with blonde hair.

And MandaC- def brunette, power suited with a glam twist, someone I'd have a laugh with.

Simeon smokes a pipe, loves crosswords, moves slowly but thinks quickly, uses male grooming products although secretly thinks he might be too old for it, never knowingly breaches etiquette and looks exactly like Bill Nighy.

:D
Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Names: Bill Nighy

O cruel cruel world!:eek:
Simeon- into politics - strong opinions, quite conservative, for some reason I am thinking an older distinguished gentleman (mid 50's+)

Hope springs eternal in the human heart! Thanks MandaC. Bless! :)
Totally agree with Simeon being Bill Nighy's twin.
And then it springs back again! :D

Jeez! Beginning to attract an identity problem ;). A little truth all 'round especially the photo with my facial dreads :cool:. Am now heading south for a week. No broadband there - so will have to wait to see if the character develops. Must note ....... Contact Max Clifford, get personal trainer etc :p

[broken link removed]

Aw, shucks, not too far off the mark and I have shoulder length dark hair.

For some reason I find it harder to picture the women

Bubbly Scot- 5 2- very petite, blonde, trendy.

Henny Penny - Bald - I always thought Henny Penny was a woman!!!!

Strange, I was fairly accurate but I had your hair straighter (just saw the pic you posted a few pages back!)

Henny Penny a woman?????? jees! now I have to do that mental adjustment man to woman thing! :eek:

Strange, I was fairly accurate but I had your hair straighter (just saw the pic you posted a few pages back!)

Henny Penny a woman?????? jees! now I have to do that mental adjustment man to woman thing! :eek:

No thats not me - thats the photo of the girl from fair city that looks like me (and she does) I have straight hair shoulder length hair, so you were right!

Is Henny Penny a man or Woman? I am not sure!

We should all arrange to meet in Croker for the semi and bring along a sketch of what we each think everyone looks like to see how perceptive (or imaginative) we are. Could be quite funny.

We should all arrange to meet in Croker for the semi and bring along a sketch of what we each think everyone looks like to see how perceptive (or imaginative) we are. Could be quite funny.

No problem, as long as you bring the tickets.

Back