Do you have a mental picture of anyone on AAM?

Caveat

I don't think you even have to try - I think it's just human nature.

I do it anyway :eek: with customers at work too (a lot of my job is on the phone).

I'll start: I picture Vanilla as a fairly studious looking long haired brunette (glasses maybe?), trying to maintain the level of seriousness that her job demands, but despite herself, can't help letting out the odd smirk or wry smile in the company of her clients.

Then, come home time, in true soap style, her hair is 'released', a big sigh is let out, she plays loud music and sings along revving her car a little enthusiastically (but never speeding) as she resumes once again her natural down-to-earth 'country' fun-loving persona that her job stifles somewhat - and then, most definitely, slips into something more comfortable ASAP...

Now, is any of that even vaguely accurate? :(

(No offence intended. Are you sure you still want my phone number?)

DrMoriarty of course is very dapper if slightly menacing looking, once had a pony tail (maybe still has?) talks in a wry world-weary way (like Alan Rickman) and is almost 7 feet tall.

LOL. Well I'm afraid to say that your mental image is totally wrong. Of Dr.M. From my vantage point I have to say he is totally different. In fact he has a handle bar moustache, smokes gitanes, and listens to Alain Souchon ( especially Foule Sentimentale )whilst raising one eyebrow in a louche manner.;)

Seriously though-no ( I don't mean the phone number).

I have a really strong mental image of some of the AAM crowd. The only one I'll admit to is of ClubMan. For some reason he is identical to the guy you see on the opening credits of Fair city- the bald, athletic looking guy sitting on a bench, in Smithfield I think?

Caveat: Tanned with an opened shirt showing off a hairy chest, likes to wear long shorts and flip flops. Joint hanging out of his mouth and for foreplay he strums a soft tune on his guitar for the women he loves.

DrMoriarty of course is very dapper if slightly menacing looking, once had a pony tail (maybe still has?) talks in a wry world-weary way (like Alan Rickman) and is almost 7 feet tall.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

....... thats just how I pictured him too!

I would say that DrMoriarty is about 1.75m tall and 100kgs. Slightly greying pony tail and moustache. Likes vin rouge but doesn't puff. Corduroy trousered, wearing brown brogues and large casual sweater. Musically leans towards classic rock. Is a benevolent, pleasant grandfather type who likes rich food and despises convention. Nothing personal Doc ...... if this is your bete noir :cool:

I actually think everyone would be very different than we imagine.

For some reason, I always picture Clubman as looking like Barry O'Hanlon from Fair City.

When I see Davy Jones posts I always picture Davy Jones from the monkeys!

Vanilla I think is very glamorous, as is smashbox.

Will have to think of some more.

I would say that DrMoriarty is about 1.75m tall and 100kgs. Slightly greying pony tail and moustache. Likes vin rouge but doesn't puff. Corduroy trousered, wearing brown brogues and large casual sweater. Musically leans towards classic rock. Is a benevolent, pleasant grandfather type who likes rich food and despises convention. Nothing personal Doc ...... if this is your bete noir :cool:

Purely based on the fact that many us now use "his" refresh function (ie "new posts" to include "the Depths") ....so he is GOD

Bit of mix between what what I saw on "the other thread"

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=110609

and .... Mad Max*:p

* Yes, I have had a glass of wine

Caveat: Tanned with an opened shirt showing off a hairy chest, likes to wear long shorts and flip flops. Joint hanging out of his mouth and for foreplay he strums a soft tune on his guitar for the women he loves.

:D:D

My wife nearly choked when she read this!

The only accurate parts are highlighted!

I love the way you say women BTW - what do you see me as - a travelling troubador serial seducer or something? :)

OK, got it wrong with Vanilla ... or maybe not: 'glamorous' sez MandaC? hmmm... But I'm evidently on to something with DrM cos that's 3 votes for his ponytail - what's that all about?!

Oh yeah, and MandaC of course is about 5'5", buxom, understated, reserved, and is much more attractive than she thinks she is. Bet she loves nature too.

C'mon - am I right or am I right?

I don't think you even have to try - I think it's just human nature.

I do it anyway :eek: with customers at work too (a lot of my job is on the phone).

I'll start: I picture Vanilla as a fairly studious looking long haired brunette (glasses maybe?), trying to maintain the level of seriousness that her job demands, but despite herself, can't help letting out the odd smirk or wry smile in the company of her clients.

Then, come home time, in true soap style, her hair is 'released', a big sigh is let out, she plays loud music and sings along revving her car a little enthusiastically (but never speeding) as she resumes once again her natural down-to-earth 'country' fun-loving persona that her job stifles somewhat - and then, most definitely, slips into something more comfortable ASAP...

Now, is any of that even vaguely accurate? :(

(No offence intended. Are you sure you still want my phone number?)

DrMoriarty of course is very dapper if slightly menacing looking, once had a pony tail (maybe still has?) talks in a wry world-weary way (like Alan Rickman) and is almost 7 feet tall.

Surely not............................! He couldn't be................! Have I been worshipping the wrong God since 1977? :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Quo-rocker-Francis-Rossi-snips-ponytail.html

purple - well we know he is 36, he is clean cut, designer specs, dresses trendy but tries not to be flash. Has a man bag! 6ft 2"

Caveat - Late 30's, laid back style but starting to get more conservative (which he kind of wants). Has messy hair (not scruffy). 6ft

Smashbox - Late 20's, smiles alot (not annoyingly or manic), has good fashion sense, enjoys casual (clothes I mean) as much as dressing up and is 5ft 5".

Baldyman - shaved whats left, is tall and lean and, jeans, shirt (out side not tucked)., wears sensible specs.

DavyJones - Over 6ft, stocky, wears snickers pants by day and jeans and munster jersey by night, clean cut and good to have a pint with.

Truthseeker (MIA) - Curvy (in a good way, not a polite way) 5ft 8" , brunette, takes things seriously but enjoys the silly things more than she would admit to.

Now thats a comprehensive guide and as its 2.30am I'm reserving the right to change all of my descriptions tomorrow.
Now I better take my tanned, athlethic, handsome self off to bed.

Back