Brighten up a home office

Why what did I say outta line? It was only my opinion so I aint gonna take it back. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I stated mine. You're ideas are good but they are just not my taste, I'd be less art attack more minimalistic.

Course you're entitled to your own opinions and we're not laughing at you now or anything so there's no need to go on about a heart attack, sure you're only a young fella, lighten up. Lads take it easy on Bob now he's getting all serious like and I'd say he means well all de same.

PM1234- you are really coming up with some fabo ideas- Go on did you do a course too? I'd say ya did. I love de idea of all dat msg stuff but my fella is pure useless with diy. 'MSG?' He says to me, ' What's dat?'. He's so tick, honest! I do be laughing at him sometimes.

Ney001 do you tink now dem sites would send COD cause like I don't have a credit card ( I tink its discreminatory meself not to give the likes of me one) and I only seen some lovely stuff what would be fabulus for presents for christmas.

Carpenter like I can see you're with it now and all, and no offense like, but sometimes you do go off iin your own head I'd say. Like who's dat foreign fella you're on about Van someting. Less of the wacky backy now I'd say would do you a bit of good. Still your heart is in the right place and I'd say your handy around the place, not like my fella.

Course you're entitled to your own opinions and we're not laughing at you now or anything so there's no need to go on about a heart attack, sure you're only a young fella, lighten up. Lads take it easy on Bob now he's getting all serious like and I'd say he means well all de same.

PM1234- you are really coming up with some fabo ideas- Go on did you do a course too? I'd say ya did. I love de idea of all dat msg stuff but my fella is pure useless with diy. 'MSG?' He says to me, ' What's dat?'. He's so tick, honest! I do be laughing at him sometimes.

Ney001 do you tink now dem sites would send COD cause like I don't have a credit card ( I tink its discreminatory meself not to give the likes of me one) and I only seen some lovely stuff what would be fabulus for presents for christmas.

Carpenter like I can see you're with it now and all, and no offense like, but sometimes you do go off iin your own head I'd say. Like who's dat foreign fella you're on about Van someting. Less of the wacky backy now I'd say would do you a bit of good. Still your heart is in the right place and I'd say your handy around the place, not like my fella.
When did you move to Cork?

Bet it was a Dub...

Ah sure I suppose we have to take into consideration that your friend was probably a Dubliner and not judge...:p

Re: Bet it was a Dub...

Ah sure I suppose we have to take into consideration that your friend was probably a Dubliner and not judge...:p
No, she is from Kerry, so there!:p (but she's smart enough to know it's a dig at Cork, not Kerry :D)

Youse lot are gonna be in sooooooooooo much trouble when Clubman gets back on Monday.

mf

Youse lot are gonna be in sooooooooooo much trouble when Clubman gets back on Monday.

mf

I knew there was something wierd going on when this thread was allowed to go on for so long without being moved...but I just thought maybe they think we are being serious here. Ya know like about da leopardskin and de rest...which obviously I love, like.;)

it's been a while since a thread made me laugh out loud...!

what about a homage to the irish home of yesterday? a picture of the sacred heart with one of those red lights underneath and a picture of the modern equivalent of jfk on the other wall (bertie/enda/local TD?)

No, I meant animal print of course ( I know that's your idea, I wish i'd thought of it first, lucky you). I think you've really come up with some great ideas there Vanilla, you must be one classy bird. My missus is goin to pick up that roller in Heatons tomorrow; I think I might go with her and see what other ideas I can pick up for free (it costs nothing to look around but you can learn sooo much!). Have we left anything out, we seem to have covered the essentials (walls, floor, ceiling, window dressings, furniture etc)? I won't be able to sleep tonight, roll on the weekend so I can get stuck into transforming the home office into my very own "safari/ tudor/ beach themed "personalised office space". I can picture it now, wish me luck guys I've a busy weekend ahead of me. Now lets see, what'll I need:

1 tonne of soft sand
200ft of 2x1" battens (roughsawn for authentic tudor beam look)
Paint (sky colour, beam colour, stucco colour(s)
Screws and adhesive.
Sticky stars and glitter
6 yds of Zebra print
Roll of velcro
Spray adhesive
Duct tape and staple gun

Oh happy days.....

Don't forget the fan so you can lie on the sand and think you're on the beach in the warm breeze.

I knew there was something wierd going on when this thread was allowed to go on for so long without being moved...but I just thought maybe they think we are being serious here. Ya know like about da leopardskin and de rest...which obviously I love, like.;)

Sorry to spoil all the fun but I can't stand any longer seeing all these young and innocent AAMers being led astray by an Imposter. An Imposter I say. Please be advised that whoever is posting in Vanilla's name is a fake. The real Vanilla, that dispenser of wise advice on matters legal, wears pin-striped suits (even when in bed), horn-rimmed glasses and wears her hair in a bun. Her office is a veritable model of what a doyenne of the Law Society's office should be. Bellieve me you won't find animal prints there. Who is this Pamela Hasselhoff person anyway? Another imposter? Some tasteful prints (views of the Lakes of Killarney I seem to remember), an aspidistra plant, rows of shelves containing gold-bound legal books and a copy of an old map showing the Baronies of Kerry.

In case you are wondering how I know all this....The real Vanilla will remember representing me in that very unfortunate matter concerning the incident in the changing-rooms in the Ladies GAA club in Ballybunion. I still maintain that it wasn't me.

You've well and truly blown the cover now! :D

I hasten to add two points- how on earth do you know I wear those suits in bed? And secondly stop singing that same darn tune about the changing rooms incident. You KNOW it's gone down in history and every time you walk up to receive holy communion you get admiring glances from both sides of the aisle if you know what I mean...;)

And BTW that's a lie about the aspidistra plant!

You've well and truly blown the cover now! :D

I hasten to add two points- how on earth do you know I wear those suits in bed? And secondly stop singing that same darn tune about the changing rooms incident. You KNOW it's gone down in history and every time you walk up to receive holy communion you get admiring glances from both sides of the aisle if you know what I mean...;)

And BTW that's a lie about the aspidistra plant!

You mean you don't know the story that circulated in political and legal circles some years ago? If falls to me therefore to enlighten our fellow-AAMers. Lest my supposedly intimate knowledge of your night-attire leads some of those with coarser dispositions to jump to the wrong conclusions, I have to say that you are known to be a lady of irreproachable virtue, a member of the church choir and a leading light in the ICA (whose jam-tarts are famous from Tarbert to Termonfeckin. Don't be blushing now, you know it's true). Besides, being descended from a long line of impoverished Crosby tenants in Ardfert I wouldn't stand a chance with you anyway.

You have obviously forgotten the time your colleague in the ICA brought in the home-made rhubarb and elderberry wine? Now you are known to take a small glass of sherry on special occasions but really Vanilla, you certainly let your hair down that night by all accounts! Consequently it's possible that you've forgotten the call made on you the following morning by your TD neighbour. I can't mention his name here but he's famous for his bizarre headgear. It seems that he'd been poring over the works of Aristotle in the original Greek as is his wont and needed clarification on several obscure philosophical points. Who better than yourself to put him right? Anyway, in your befuddled state you forgot to put on your negligee - the one you crocheted yourself - and opened the door in your nightdress (quite why you have a door in your nightdress is another matter altogether). Sure they were talking about it in the Dail bar for weeks afterwards.

As for the admiring glances in church, I always thought it was the rosary-bead case in my pocket.

So you don't deny you have an aspidistra, only that it's not in the office?

You mean you don't know the story that circulated in political and legal circles some years ago? If falls to me therefore to enlighten our fellow-AAMers. Lest my supposedly intimate knowledge of your night-attire leads some of those with coarser dispositions to jump to the wrong conclusions, I have to say that you are known to be a lady of irreproachable virtue, a member of the church choir and a leading light in the ICA (whose jam-tarts are famous from Tarbert to Termonfeckin. Don't be blushing now, you know it's true). Besides, being descended from a long line of impoverished Crosby tenants in Ardfert I wouldn't stand a chance with you anyway.

You have obviously forgotten the time your colleague in the ICA brought in the home-made rhubarb and elderberry wine? Now you are known to take a small glass of sherry on special occasions but really Vanilla, you certainly let your hair down that night by all accounts! Consequently it's possible that you've forgotten the call made on you the following morning by your TD neighbour. I can't mention his name here but he's famous for his bizarre headgear. It seems that he'd been poring over the works of Aristotle in the original Greek as is his wont and needed clarification on several obscure philosophical points. Who better than yourself to put him right? Anyway, in your befuddled state you forgot to put on your negligee - the one you crocheted yourself - and opened the door in your nightdress (quite why you have a door in your nightdress is another matter altogether). Sure they were talking about it in the Dail bar for weeks afterwards.

As for the admiring glances in church, I always thought it was the rosary-bead case in my pocket.

So you don't deny you have an aspidistra, only that it's not in the office?

I know when I'm outclassed Pat127- you should be writing for the stage.:)

Back