BBC's The Apprentice

One noticeable difference this year is that -so far anyway- they've been prepared to take direction from the project manager. In other years it was obvious that they were all used to being in charge in their own workplaces and just could not knuckle down as part of a team. All you saw was a clash of egos and the task being lost somewhere in the middle.

... Poor Lorraine needs to decide whether she has an Irish accent or an English one. She jumps from one to the other, I find it comical!
Hopefully Alan S. gives her a project manager's job this week and we won't have to listen to her (or look at her) any longer.

Oh well, she was right about the carpet and Nooral deservedly got the bullet for consistent non-performance over the few weeks.

Agreed Nooral deserved to go, hardly noticed him since the beginning. I still find Ben unbearable and I'm glad Alan has noticed that he talks down to people.

I was delighted for Lorraine that she got the recognition for knowing the rug and shoes were the valuable items. Phillip seems to have it in for her and rubbishes anything she says. Had it been Kate suggesting what Lorraine was suggesting, me thinks he would have acted upon it ;)

James ftw, purely for his reaction at nearly being brought back into the boardroom!

... I still find Ben unbearable and I'm glad Alan has noticed that he talks down to people...
Agreed.
Either the little twerp is fixated on his Sandhurst scholarship or they keep replaying the same clip, but it appears he'd be happier off somewhere very remote from humanity shooting guns and blowing up the landscape. He's a two-faced little creep and he'll be found out soon enough (although in fairness he doesn't attempt to hide his accent!)

I agree Philip deserved to go last night. I would love to have seen him have to explain himself properly in the boardroom last night. He treats Lorraine with contempt, despite the fact that she knows what she's talking about. However, I think he got the message loud and clear last night from both Margaret and Sir Alan and will cop himself on in future and stop shouting her down all the time.

Ben just gets more and more obnoxious every week. He really is a self inflated creep.

I thought the funniest moment last night was James' and Sir Alan's reaction when Ben originally said he was taking James back in to the boardroom.

I was wondering if we were going to see a multiple elimination. All three of them deserved to go.

I thought the funniest moment last night was James' and Sir Alan's reaction when Ben originally said he was taking James back in to the boardroom.

I thought Nick's reaction when that mouthy contestant (can't remember her name) start questioning him was good.
I also liked Margaret's facial expressions when they walked the streets of London to flog a rug.

I thought Nick's reaction when that mouthy contestant (can't remember her name) start questioning him was good...
The lippy bird is Debra Barr - Big Al marked her card last night.

We seem to have decent Irish representation in this series (based on the granny rule!)

• Ben Clarke - Norn Iron
  • James McQuillan -
  • Kate Walsh - my favourite to win
  • Lorraine Tighe - West Brit

The lippy bird is Debra Barr - Big Al marked her card last night.

We seem to have decent Irish representation in this series (based on the granny rule!)

• Ben Clarke - Norn Iron
  • James McQuillan -
  • Kate Walsh - my favourite to win
  • Lorraine Tighe - West Brit

I imagine Debra Barr may be of Irish descent too?

Not sure if she's a west-brit, if she was born in London?
[broken link removed]
I think some peoples accent tends to wander depending on their environment. I spent some time in London & was accused at one stage by a friend of having picked up an english accent!

I imagine Debra Barr may be of Irish descent too?
Very possibly - whatever her ancestry, she's a tough-looking and tough-sounding lady.

EDIT: The name may have been O'Barr originally - there's lots of them (Barr & O'Barr) in the Southern United States (Tennessee, Texas) all claiming Irish origin.

I think Debra Barr looks just like one of the backing singers from The Commitments - the one who had long dark hair.

Apparently Kate and Philip's romance comes very much to the fore tonight, much to Lorraine's irritation as she is project manager. Could be interesting viewing!

Back