BBC's The Apprentice

liaconn

Anyone see The Apprentice last night. I thought that 'Pantsman' campaign was the funniest (and stupidest) thing I've seen in ages.
Also, can you imagine any child in the supermarket whinging 'Mammy, will you buy me some wake up calls'?

I have to agree, it was a stupid idea, and also badly constructed...I am coming to the idea that most of these guys/girls are not that good..full of BS but only 1/2 who have any real talent...

I agree. A lot of them just seem to be very good at bigging themselves up.
Mind you, this year's lot don't seem to be as aggressive and over the top as usual. There hasn't been nearly as much bi***ing and back stabbing and downright bullying as in previous years.

I've seen very little of the show (don't like it) but please someone tell me that pompous, annoying, smug little git from Northern Ireland is out?!

I agree that the *****iness isn't as bad this year - the girl who got fired this week was especially nice and normal.

The blond girl who won this weeks task will win overall imo.

Didn't even cop he was from Northern Ireland....agreed though that he is an idiot. The blonde girl who was leading one of the groups came across very strong last night.

Did you see the girl from Mullingar? She seems to just be following everyone. Any ideas she has is shot down. I feel sorry for her, but she never speaks up.

Did you see the girl from Mullingar? She seems to just be following everyone. Any ideas she has is shot down. I feel sorry for her, but she never speaks up.

She must have more to say than the winning team leader from last week's show. I don't think I heard him say one word last night.

I've seen very little of the show (don't like it) but please someone tell me that pompous, annoying, smug little git from Northern Ireland is out?!

Is this the guy that was boasting he won a scholarship to Sandhurst but when asked did he take it he said 'No'? Everyone in the car with him was laughing at him.

The annoying yank has gone. Hurrah! I knew Sugar would not appreciate the American way of doing things.

The annoying yank has gone. Hurrah! I knew Sugar would not appreciate the American way of doing things.

I thought she was a complete pain in the ass, and was let off very lightly by the panel on 'You're Fired'. She had an excuse for everything - 'I'm not creative, I just manage creativity', 'I'm not comfortable speaking in public'. Also, all that psychobabble was really getting on my nerves. I thought Sir Alan was right, when you looked beyond all the fancy talk, there was nothing much of substance there.

I always love that advertising task. There's always one idiot who thinks they're really, really creative, pushes everyone to go with their 'concept' and then looks absolutely crestfallen when Sir Alan tells them it was a load of rubbish.

I love The Apprentice, watch it every year. Wasn't sorry to see the American girl go last night, I couldn't forgive her for suggesting 'Shazam' as a team name back in the first episode! Had she brought the mute Nooral back into the boardroom, he would been fired. Alan is only waiting for his chance to give him the boot.

I agree that Kate is one of the strongest and I can really see her going right to the end. Debra from her team is quite strong too. I used think the same about the gordie guy Phillip but he annoyed me last night. If the team don't go for his ideas he has a tantrum. I also don't like how he praises the team leader when they first go into the boardroom, hoping they will then not bring him back in. He did it last night with the American, said she was an excellent team leader but when she brought him back in, he pounced. Snake.

Poor Lorraine needs to decide whether she has an Irish accent or an English one. She jumps from one to the other, I find it comical!

I really enjoy the apprentice but right now I am at a loss as to why Alan Sugar would hire any of them. Good god pantsman was unbelievable (great viewing though). I think that most of the mistakes that are made each week are pretty unforgivable (mainly budgeting problems) as these people are meant to be an elite bunch picked from thousands of applicants!

Watched a few clips of it again on youtube at the weekend and "pantsman" will go down as one of the besr/worst episodes ever (best laugh/worse idea!)

THe silly thing was I found myself humming the stupid pantsman jingle all weekend so maybe would have been brainwashed into buying the cereal as is this how advertising works?

I think this year's crowd are less 'accomplished' than previous years - this lot seem to be either totally inexperienced in the skills necessary to win the Apprentice ('trainee' stockbroker, science teacher, HR person) compared to previous years where at least they had demonstrable sales track records, or military leadership etc. That's not to say that the Apprentice bears any relationship whatsoever to reality of course!

Back