Zao Restaurant at Omniplex Santry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard most of it the two mornings and in fairness I feel sorry for anyone who was in the restaurant that night. As the girl who rang in said, fair enough in a pub or club, but not in a restaurant.

I'm not pro-stripper or anti-stripper and would move away in a pub or club but the caller was in the middle of their dinner. An open restaurant is not a place for a stripper As mentioned, Zao is not cheap and I would expect better. Have eaten there before, thought it was only okay and certainly won't be going back now.

Seems to me the restaurant is the big loser in the story.

No science involved Colm, just choice and I make no apologies for being choosy about where and what I eat!

Seems to me the restaurant is the big loser in the story.

Ya kidding???
I tried to book yesterday for a group of six. They are totally booked out up to the new year. You cant buy this kind of exposure. (No pun intended)

Daily Mirror today 2 pages on above re:strip

And a full page in the Sun.. Maybe Tony should give that woman the free meal she wanted after all..
Not to mention the favour she done the stripper. She will be out the door with work & the Suns article will probobly get her a nice Christmas holiday.
Some peoples brains & mouth just dont work in sync ..

And a full page in the Sun.. Maybe Tony should give that woman the free meal she wanted after all..
Not to mention the favour she done the stripper. She will be out the door with work & the Suns article will probobly get her a nice Christmas holiday.
Some peoples brains & mouth just dont work in sync ..

I think you might be stretching your optimism levels a bit to say that the stripper will be out the door with work, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. As for the restaurant/mens club is there no health and safety laws being broken by having naked women gyrating around dinner tables?

This publicity around this restaurant will do it no good in the long term, it is after all only an average chinese in a suburban shopping centre. I've been there several times and while I've enjoyed the food, I didn't think it was particularly good value. The only reason I've eaten there in the first place was because I was going to the cinema and the choice of places to eat in Omni is very limited. Whenever I've been there my fellow patrons were mainly either couples or family groups (hardly surprising given its location) and while the publicity is a flash (!) in the pan, their potential clientele is not going to change and they're risked alienating their repeat customers. They've certainly alientated this one!

As for the restaurant/mens club is there no health and safety laws being broken by having naked women gyrating around dinner tables?

We have already established it was on the balcony, not near any dinner tables.

As for an incident like this ruining a restaurants business, I dont think so. This place has got more advertisement in 2 days they you could hope for in a year. Everyone I have met locally over the last few days, this topic has been on their lips. The incident will be forgotton soon but the name of the establishment will stick with you..
Now unless the people of Santry take to the protesting Stringfellows style I think Zao are benefiting from this all the way.

If you dont belive me Google chinease restaurant santry Zaos site shows up third, I googled this last week & it was 3rd or 4th page..

After all is said & done this is a nice restaurant with good value, nice food & a nice atmosphere. A silly incident which happened out on the balcony wont change that. As a matter of interest if this restaurant was on ground level & the incident happend on the street ouside the window would you still complain???

I can see all the lads from Ballymun and Coolock booking their christmas parties in Zao now. Sure we can get a stripper aswell cos the owner or manager dont mind. Nice One.

Classy

I can see all the lads from Ballymun and Coolock booking their christmas parties in Zao now. Sure we can get a stripper aswell cos the owner or manager dont mind. Nice One.

Classy
They would be , except the place is booked out till the New Year thanks to all this.. :)

We have already established it was on the balcony, not near any dinner tables.

As for an incident like this ruining a restaurants business, I dont think so. This place has got more advertisement in 2 days they you could hope for in a year. Everyone I have met locally over the last few days, this topic has been on their lips. The incident will be forgotton soon but the name of the establishment will stick with you..
Now unless the people of Santry take to the protesting Stringfellows style I think Zao are benefiting from this all the way.

If you dont belive me Google chinease restaurant santry Zaos site shows up third, I googled this last week & it was 3rd or 4th page..

After all is said & done this is a nice restaurant with good value, nice food & a nice atmosphere. A silly incident which happened out on the balcony wont change that. As a matter of interest if this restaurant was on ground level & the incident happend on the street ouside the window would you still complain???

If it happened on the street there would be no need for complaint as she would be arrested for indecent exposure. You must be on commission to get people through the door going by your posts.

If it happened on the street there would be no need for complaint as she would be arrested for indecent exposure.
You have obviousally never been in town at night if you rekon that..
You must be on commission to get people through the door going by your posts.
I have already stated here that I have no affiliation to that establishment,

I have already stated here that I have no affiliation to that establishment,

Right, but so many unquestionably pro-Zao posts make it hard to take your observations seriously.

I'd been thinking of checking this place out for a while, but not now. It reminds me of a night I spent in an Indian restaurant in Drumcondra (Zamuna?) and some gillie (obviously a relative of the owner) wheeled in an electric guitar, an amp and a keyboard and proceeded to loudly serenade the full (and obviously unimpressed) restaurant with some "easy listening" muzak.

Never went back there either.

After reading this thread I had to listen to the podcasts of the GR show. The original caller put her point across very well. The lady didn't appear to want a free meal ticket. As far as I remember she stated it was her first and most definitely her last night in the restaurant. She merely and quite rightfully hoped to be reimbursed for a ruined birthday night.Personally I thought the owner who then came on the line sounded totally unprofessional and seedy.

Is there such a thing as bad publicity? There certainly is! Perhaps the place really is booked up but probably only with a certain 'clientele'.

It certainly ruined any chance the place had of gaining or retaining a good reputation as a restaurant.

As a restaurant it should be judged upon the food...

and possibly on the quality of its strippers as well, then? If I want someone getting their t1ts out when I'm eating, I'll go to Stringfellows. Oh wait, that closed too...

Signed

Holy Joe

As a restaurant it should be judged upon the food,

Absolutely no way, a restaurant is never judged solely on its food, its judged on service, staff, ambience, atmosphere, quality, value etc....

A stripper in a restaurant is a disgrace. If I want to see a stripper Ill go to a strip club. If I want to eat a nice meal Ill go to a restaurant. If a stripper showed up in any restaurant I was in I can categorically state Id never be back.

Theyre obviously looking for clientele of the tackier variety, stag nights, hen parties, drunk louts who'd enjoy a stripper while they tuck into their curry. Sounds like the type of establishment Id avoid like the plague.

And Im definitely not a Holy Mary, I just have certain standards about the types of establishments Id frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back