Zao Restaurant at Omniplex Santry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've eaten there and will go back. The food was really nice and good value. The staff were friendly and efficient. The only complaint I would have is that a dish we ordered came with cashew nuts and it didn't state this on the menu - wasn't a big deal for the person who ordered though !

I would definitely recommend it. Went for dinner one night and thought it was very nice. Food was gorgeous and staff were very friendly and obliging. Starters we got were a bit skimpy though. Immaculate cleanliness also, but it was only open about 2 weeks. I'll be returning at some stage soon for sure.

The owner (or maybe just the manager)was a sound bloke- looks a bit like John Aldridge.

Zao Restaurant is just perfect...Clean, food is gorgeous, staff very very friendly and the boss is a lovely man

i recommend Zao restaurant to everyone who likes asian food... is just perfect

Did anyone hear the segment on Gerry Ryan this morning about this restaurant? Hilarious stuff.

What was Gerry Ryan saying this morning about it? I was planning on going with the other half.

Hmmm. Do you have a connection? Your only two posts are in relation to this establishment.

Since they only ever posted in this thread and haven't posted for over 3 years since I think we can safely take it they had a connection. Would interested to hear what was said on Gerry Ryan

I would recommend it. Owners are very nice people - always friendly and very relaxed so put you at ease immediately. And the rest of the staff obviously follow suit on what they see the bosses doing.

Good food, great service, good atmosphere, good price.

Only negative thing I would say is that the beef is always a little too tough for me so I don't tend to order it now.

Always nice food & great service. Highly recommend the Karoeke on a Saturday night.

Was listening to G Ryan this morning - a couple of people called up to complain because on Saturday night as they were eating their dinner, a stripper came in to the table next to them and got the lot off, gyrating her bits in a guy's face etc etc. She said they were put off their dinner over it and they had to pay service charge etc as the waiter stood open mouthed looking at the stripper with their food in his hands. The restaurant manager rang up to apologise but didn't really do himself any favours, said they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't happen again and basically called the woman a liar and said she was a regular to the restaurant and accused her of looking for freebies before they had even sat down for the dinner. The woman refuted this and said it was her first time in the restaurant. Who knows? It might make the place more popular! Personally after hearing the attitude of the manager I wouldn't be inclined to pay a visit to it.

With Gerry Ryan its hard to know, the truth is probobly in the middle there somewhere. It can be a lively spot with birthday partys etc. It has nice food & a great atmosphere but if you want a quiet romantic meal this is not for you. From personal experience I have found the manager very generous in giving complimentry stuff etc..
Before anyone asks, no I have no affiliation with this establishment

I Have Also Ate Here A Few Times And Alwasy Found The Food Good And The Staff Very Pleasant. Never Had Problems With Strippers Either!!

I Have Also Ate Here A Few Times And Alwasy Found The Food Good And The Staff Very Pleasant. Never Had Problems With Strippers Either!!

Is that what you call a problem? ;-)

I will reiterate a previous posters point - the manager is very good with complimentary coffees and sometimes a drink at the bar if you are waiting on a take out. And he is very fair - it sounds to me like that woman wasn't willing to meet the manger half way.

I've eaten there several times and I liked it very much. I would have a real problem with the stripper though, I think it's totally inappropriate in such a setting and should not be foisted on a mixed clientele. If I wanted to see a stripper, I'd go to a strip club. There are some things I think you should be able to take for granted and going to a restaurant and simply eating is one of them.

I've eaten there several times and I liked it very much. I would have a real problem with the stripper though, I think it's totally inappropriate in such a setting and should not be foisted on a mixed clientele. If I wanted to see a stripper, I'd go to a strip club. There are some things I think you should be able to take for granted and going to a restaurant and simply eating is one of them.

I'd agree with you. Its not an appropriate place for a stripper. I didn't hear the Gerry Ryan show yesterday but heard it this morning and the guy who's company sent one of the strippers there (apparently there were two at different times that night) said he had sent strippers there before. He said it was company policy if there were children in the restaurant that the strippers would only go topless and not do the "full monty". He seemed to ignore the fact that there would be other diners there who might find the whole thing embarrasing. G Ryan seemed to be on the strippers side and find the whole thing amusing (but as was said above with G Ryan you never know). I think the lady who made the initial complaint was right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back