Zao Restaurant at Omniplex Santry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but so many unquestionably pro-Zao posts make it hard to take your observations seriously.
I am not a liar!!
Again I have no affiliation with this establishment. I am just a happy customer who has dined there many times.
I disagree. As a restaurant it should be judged upon the food, not on what a couple of snobs and holy marys think. People with minds of their own will give the place a chance.
A lot of holy marys are giving their opinions without ever been in the place.

and possibly on the quality of its strippers as well, then? If I want someone getting their t1ts out when I'm eating, I'll go to Stringfellows. Oh wait, that closed too...

Signed

Holy Joe
You could try Angels Joe, but they dont do food..

Theyre obviously looking for clientele of the tackier variety, stag nights, hen parties, drunk louts who'd enjoy a stripper while they tuck into their curry.
OMG some people are so far off the mark its unreal.
This is not a regular occurance. A few lads booked a stripper for their party, some woman looked for a free dinner, the manager rightly didnt entertain her, so she got her back up & rang the only person in the country would entertain this rubbish, Gerry Ryan. By doing that she gave the stripper & the restaurant national media coverage. And now all of a sudden the place is Stringfellows...

OMG some people are so far off the mark its unreal.

Any restaurant that would allow a stripper on the premises to do her stuff would not be the type of place Id go to - it wouldnt matter if it happened once, twice, or every weekend - if thats the kind of behaviour the management allow, it wouldnt be a place Id eat in.

Any restaurant that would allow a stripper on the premises to do her stuff would not be the type of place Id go to - it wouldnt matter if it happened once, twice, or every weekend - if thats the kind of behaviour the management allow, it wouldnt be a place Id eat in.

Thats fine thats your choice.
But its unbeliveable that all of a sudden people think this is a terrible sleezy place & they obviousally the restaurant only want hens & stags now!!!! Unbeliveable how narrowminded some people are.

But its unbeliveable that all of a sudden people think this is a terrible sleezy place & they obviousally the restaurant only want hens & stags now!!!! Unbeliveable how narrowminded some people are.

You think a stripper getting her kit off in a restaurant doesnt add an element of sleaze to the premises?

I use ZAO quite often for delivery, and think the food is quite good and well cooked. I don't think I'll bother eating in there in the future, the place will probably be full of skangers. And no, I am not narrowminded, I have been in plenty of clubs where some of the stuff that happened would leave most people's jaws on the floor. I don't think it is appropriate in a restaurant.

I disagree. As a restaurant it should be judged upon the food, not on what a couple of snobs and holy marys think. People with minds of their own will give the place a chance.

It is offensive to many people and if the owner is going to allow strippers to perform on site then he should make customers aware of this so that they don't have kids, elderly parents etc present and to avoid embarrassment. Its not snobbery its common decency.

how is it narrow minded. If you decide to take your family out for dinner would you happily let your kids watch the show or would you rather they were able to enjoy a family dinner together.

You think a stripper getting her kit off in a restaurant doesnt add an element of sleaze to the premises?
I dont think one over exagerated incident makes a place sleazy , no!
I thought we had already established it was outside the restaurant on the balcony, not in the restaurant.

It is offensive to many people and if the owner is going to allow strippers to perform on site then he should make customers aware of this so that they don't have kids, elderly parents etc present and to avoid embarrassment. Its not snobbery its common decency.
Maybe a big sign up beside the smoking area.
You are now entering the smoking area, While you are here slowly killing yourself please be warned you may experience some strippers. If easly offended please leave now...
PS No refunds...
Funny enough I have never even seen a sign like that anywhere in Temple Bar. Maybe we should have one at every entrance into town on a Saturday Night???
If I was that easily offended I just wouldnt bother going out.
Why would elderly parents be embarressed? Ah yes our Holy Marys are from the olden days of Ireland when parents didnt have sex.(Unless you were a priest ofcourse)
Thank God we have moved on & grown up.
Well most of us anyway

Maybe a big sign up beside the smoking area.
You are now entering the smoking area, While you are here slowly killing yourself please be warned you may experience some strippers. If easly offended please leave now...
PS No refunds...
Funny enough I have never even seen a sign like that anywhere in Temple Bar. Maybe we should have one at every entrance into town on a Saturday Night???
If I was that easily offended I just wouldnt bother going out.
Why would elderly parents be embarressed? Ah yes our Holy Marys are from the olden days of Ireland when parents didnt have sex.(Unless you were a priest ofcourse)
Thank God we have moved on & grown up.
Well most of us anyway[/QUOTE]

I understand that you are a man of the world with a very broad mind, but the simple matter is that if someone decides to book a restaurant for dinner that is what they expect not an impromptu performance of a naked stripper giving a lapdance to one of the other customers.

To say that to have grown up we must accept that a naked lapdance in a restaurant is just a bit of craic is well wide of the mark, it is not growing up it is dumbing down. Elderly parents may be offended because they are more used to decency in public and people having respect for others. You don't mention whether you think its ok for kids to see this type of show in a restaurant?

On the continent people are more broadminded than our nation of holy marys..

It really has nothing at all to do with snobbery, religion or broad minds.

Some people enjoy frequenting places with strippers. Others don't. For that very reason many places with strippers have neon lights outside advertising that strippers are on the premises. People can then choose whether or not to go in.

In the case of a restaurant in a shopping centre, this is unexpected and unwelcome for those who weren't given the choice and who weren't expecting or looking to see naked people putting on a show when they merely wanted an evening dining out with friends.

Being broadmiinded means giving people a choice. The lady who called into the Gerry Ryan show wasn't given one and was perfectly entitled to highlight the fact.

Rubbish - a stripper in a restaurant would not be acceptable 'on the continent' either.
I was referring to this post
Are these the same kids who would be at home while shows like sex and the city are on the television ? Does anyone ever consider the content of shows such as Eastenders and Fair City? I was watching one of the main channels and heard plenty of four letter words on a show at 8 pm. I used to think the watershed is at 9 pm but I guess times have changed. I doubt anyone present at the restaurant was damaged for life. In fact the only compensation the complainant wanted was free food. If the complainant equates her 'distress' with free food then I guess she wasnt so distressed. And the stripper did say they dont strip off when kids are present so whats the big deal ? Kids see boobs all the time when their parents take them on a family holiday to the beaches of France and Spain.
As for Stag Partys, I doubt they would put a drab northside shopping centre top of their places to go. They would be far more likely to go to Temple Bar.

It really has nothing at all to do with snobbery, religion or broad minds.

Some people enjoy frequenting places with strippers. Others don't. For that very reason many places with strippers have neon lights outside advertising that strippers are on the premises. People can then choose whether or not to go in.

Rubbish this happens in pubs every night of the week somewhere..
Does every pub which allows strippers have neon lights.
Would you also be offended if you stumbled across topless sunbathers while on holidays??
I suppose this woman would complain then aswell. Probobly no so much that she was offended, more the fact that her husband sneaked too many glances.
I have been out with my wife & friends in Hotels, restaurants & pubs where strippers have turned up. We didn't go sulking to the manager in the hope of getting a free night out. We took it as a laugh ( as it is intended to be) & remarked on it probobly being a good night.
Of any places where I have seen these strippers show up there was never a sign or warning. I might also add no place has gone out of business because a stripper showed up unannounced. To think any place will lose custom or their business will decline is utter nonsense. If I want a nice quiet romantic meal with my wife I would goto somewhere more intimate, perhaps Clouds in the Carlton or something on that level. If I want a good night out with friends & a good atmosphere I would goto ZAO.
If I want strippers I would goto Angels or Lapello etc.
On that point would a customer in a lapdane club be right to ring Gerry Ryan complaining because the Lapdancing club he went to served food & he was not warned about this????

If I want strippers I would goto Angels or Lapello etc
Colm you have it in one.

To be honest there is no point replying any further to your posts. Your idea of a dining experience is very different to the majority who posted on this thread. I would hazard a guess (after counting your twenty one posts to date defending the place in question :rolleyes:) that you have some connection with the "restaurant" and/or staff regardless of whether or not you are directly involved.

Whether the establishment succeeds as a restaurant in its own right is a matter of time. We'll just have to wait and see.

I would hazard a guess (after counting your twenty one posts to date defending the place in question :rolleyes:) that you have some connection with the "restaurant" and/or staff regardless of whether or not you are directly involved.
I have alread twice stated I have no affiliation (That also means no connection with the place or any of the staff) with the place & I resent you calling me a Liar
Whether the establishment succeeds as a restaurant in its own right is a matter of time. We'll just have to wait and see.
It is not a new restaurant it is open a few years now. The place is nearly always busy when I attend & is booked out till the new year. I would say it has already succeeded as a restaurant in its own right.

This thread is hilarious!

I also thought Colm's posts were either connected to the Restaurant or trolling to wind people up.

I did not hear the Gerry Ryan show, so I d'ont know how it came across. However, I personally would not be into it. If I went for a meal, the last thing I can think of wanting is for somebodys dangly bits in close proximity to my soup. Would put you right off your dinner. There is still hopefully such a thing as social etiquette in Restaurants and nudes with your food (either male or female strippers) is a no no. The only nuts I want in my chinese are the Cashew variety, thanks!

I do not know of the Restaurant at all, but it seems like a very tacky place, and I will ensure I avoid it like the plague. There is nothing worse than those tacky, corny, boozy stag do's/hen parties that take over places and ruin everybody elses night.

Imagine trying to have a romantic night in that Restaurant. Gazing across the table into each others eyes against the backdrop of Music(well, Karaoke!), wine, food, and of course, the full moon(but not the one you think) to enhance the mood.

Also, as Mr. Man says above, has anyone considered the health and safety of the Stripper. What if someone had whizzed past with a try of flaming Sambucca's whilst she was in full flight doing the full monty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back