Will you go for a pint when restrictions are lifted?

From someone not that good at counting I wouldn't think the vaccine is very effective.It is hard to keep blaming the unvaccinated (which I have given up doing) when figures are so high including cases ,hospitalisations and sadly deaths.
Vaccines do not prevent someone from contracting covid - we're probably all going to get it. What the vaccines do do, however, is substantially reduce someone from kicking the bucket after contracting covid. Sure, there are vaccinated people in ICU, but I think it's a safe bet to assume that they have underlying conditions or other complications.

sorry those and a
From someone not that good at counting I wouldn't think the vaccine is very effective.It is hard to keep blaming the unvaccinated (which I have given up doing) when figures are so high including cases ,hospitalisations and sadly deaths.

Them figures are not even close to Irelands and I presume you are not implying so.I wouldn't believe award of

Well all the data is available, Germany has 67% vaccinated and now are fighting a massive breakout of the virus and the vast majority of these cases and subsequent hospitalizations are unvaccinated. Same in Russia, Ukraine, US, Japan, Brazil to name a few countries that have high hesitancy.

As stated numerous times here and generally the vaccines can only do so much, we citizens must do our bit to , ie mask wearing, washing hands and social distancing .
It's our cases which are now as high with 90 per cent vaccinated as they were with 10 per cent .
From Stephen Donnelly in the Irish Times; "The unvaccinated make up one-third of Covid-19 cases in hospital and two-thirds in ICU, but only 7 per cent of the adult population, he pointed out."
Unvaccinated placing ‘disproportionate burden’ on health service, says Donnelly
Even though high that's far from 98 Per cent and where can we find how many of the 78 who died in the last week were unvaccinated.

It's our cases which are now as high with 90 per cent vaccinated as they were with 10 per cent .

Even though high that's far from 98 Per cent and where can we find how many of the 78 who died in the last week were unvaccinated.

I think you are missing the point. Vaccines do not prevent the spread of covid per se. They reduce the risk of getting serious complications or dying from it. Vaccinated people with underlying conditions who contact covid may end up in ICU. However, the point is that the unvaccinated make up only 7% of the adult population yet make up 33% of those in ICU. They are clearly over represented, and unless they all too have underlying conditions, they are probably in ICU when they shouldn't be and God knows what longterm issues they will retain as a result of this disease.

Even though high that's far from 98 Per cent and where can we find how many of the 78 who died in the last week were unvaccinated
Yes, there's more fat people in America (though we are catching up) and most of our fatties are vaccinated.

I think you are missing the point. Vaccines do not prevent the spread of covid per se. They reduce the risk of getting serious complications or dying from it. Vaccinated people with underlying conditions who contact covid may end up in ICU. However, the point is that the unvaccinated make up only 7% of the adult population yet make up 33% of those in ICU. They are clearly over represented, and unless they all too have underlying conditions, they are probably in ICU when they shouldn't be and God knows what longterm issues they will retain as a result of this disease.
I'm getting the point that 7 per cent are also the youngest most active and with the most contacts so wether it be school or college there transmission rates would also be higher and I don't believe they are dying from it .God knows what we are putting into our bodies when probably it's not even working

Or, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't
I studied at university but don't claim to be an expert or anything. Presumably in a digital system what's a 1 and what's a 0 can't be arbitrary . Everyone must have a loaded shotgun and everyone must not have a loaded shotgun to be represented in a binary system, if you never had a loaded shotgun well then the binary system doesn't work.
In the world of westerns maybe it does work because everyone has had a loaded gun at some stage so everyone could be given a binary number I think

Last edited:
God knows what we are putting into our bodies when probably it's not even working
Again all the data, all the methodology especially for mRNA vaccines is available online.
Saying "its not even working " is the typical default position who won't/don't/ want or can't understand the information.

It's a lot easier for you to try and undermine proven scientific facts with inane statements.

Vaccines do not prevent someone from contracting covid - we're probably all going to get it. What the vaccines do do, however, is substantially reduce someone from kicking the bucket after contracting covid. Sure, there are vaccinated people in ICU, but I think it's a safe bet to assume that they have underlying conditions or other complications.
The vaccinated are far less likely to become ill, and are also less likely to spread the infection should they catch it.

I studied at university but don't claim to be an expert or anything. Presumably in a digital system what's a 1 and what's a 0 can't be arbitrary . Everyone must have a loaded shotgun and everyone must not have a loaded shotgun to be represented in a binary system, if you never had a loaded shotgun well then the binary system doesn't work.
In the world of westerns maybe it does work because everyone has had a loaded gun at some stage so everyone could be given a binary number I think
Is this what you studied?

Presumably in a digital system what's a 1 and what's a 0 can't be arbitrary . Everyone must have a loaded shotgun and everyone must not have a loaded shotgun to be represented in a binary system
At the risk of ruining this and taking it in a serious direction. binary systems have two states, 0 and 1 (base 2). So you can divide the population into 0s, those without shotguns, and 1s, those with shotguns. :D

It would be great if people would get this simple message into their heads ...and try to understand it.

Maybe you can explain to the simpletons, who aren't gifted with your intellect , why a vaccinated person infected with SARs COV2 , can legitimately enter a pub but a non infected unvaccinated person can't ?

Maybe you can explain to the simpletons, who aren't gifted with your intellect , why a vaccinated person infected with SARs COV2 , can legitimately enter a pub but a non infected unvaccinated person can't ?
We don't know upon entering a pub whether someone is infected or not. The question I would ask is why on earth would an unvaccinated person want to even go near a pub?

Why can an 18 year old drink legally in a pub and a 16 year old cannot?

Because an unvaccinated person in a pub is more likely to get sick, pass on sickness to someone else (including staff), end up in hospital and put someone else into hospital than a vaccinated person.

Someones vaccination status is known establishing their infection status just as they enter a pub... is more challenging.

Last edited:
We don't know upon entering a pub whether someone is infected or not. The question I would ask is why on earth would an unvaccinated person want to even go near a pub?
There are a few unvaccinated in my local and they drink outside in the beer garden. If they need to visit the loo, they mask up and travel the 8/9 feet .
Its not impossible for them and they don't seem put out by it either.

At the risk of ruining this and taking it in a serious direction. binary systems have two states, 0 and 1 (base 2). So you can divide the population into 0s, those without shotguns, and 1s, those with shotguns. :D
Yes but from memory the reason why binary systems work in electronics is because every diode is capable of being a 0 or a 1 and they can change many times from 0s to 1s. It doesn't translate across to people with shotguns or most human interactions because most people are set at 0 or 1 and never change.
Donald trump would need to become a Greta Thornburg and vica versa many times over for binary to translate across to the human scale.
I know it's just fooling around but still it's food for thought

Because sars cov 2 is harmless to most people and they don't feel in the slightest bit threatened by it ?
Most in the pub will be vaccinated.
The ones spreading the virus in the pub could be the vaccinated !

Because sars cov 2 is harmless to most people and they don't feel in the slightest bit threatened by it ?
Most in the pub will be vaccinated.
The ones spreading the virus in the pub could be the vaccinated !
And what scientific evidence have you got to support this?
If lockdowns and vaccines weren't both used to quell the spread of this virus, especially the Delta variant would the figures be different?

And how do you know "most don't feel threatened " have you data to support this ,or did you get that nugget from " two lads down the pub"?

You appear to high on rhetoric but short on facts, but I doubt you'd understand the facts, let alone accept them.

Why can an 18 year old drink legally in a pub and a 16 year old cannot?

Because an unvaccinated person in a pub is more likely to get sick, pass on sickness to someone else (including staff), end up in hospital and put someone else into hospital than a vaccinated person.

Someones vaccination status is known establishing their infection status just as they enter a pub... is more challenging.

I specifically referred to an non infected unvaccinated person. How can a non infected person infect others?

The fact is that an infected person with a vaccine pass can legitimately go in to a pub or night club whereas a non infected unvaccinated person cant. We are one of the most vaccinated countries in Europe and have one of the highest infection rates.

Establishing who is infectious could have been implemented months ago by embracing antigen testing, which hilariously given the snake oil reference to the Lidl antigen tests by Philip nolan, are now being mandated by government. The Ferguson report was out last March. Talk about being behind the curve again.

And what scientific evidence have you got to support this?
If lockdowns and vaccines weren't both used to quell the spread of this virus, especially the Delta variant would the figures be different?

And how do you know "most don't feel threatened " have you data to support this ,or did you get that nugget from " two lads down the pub"?

You appear to high on rhetoric but short on facts, but I doubt you'd understand the facts, let alone accept them.

You really need to stop the nonsense.

Back