Why has the Lotto jackpot not been won ?

And I am going to do it for the first time for this draw of 19 million , so everyone else may hold off .
If, sorry, when I win the jackpot this week the drinks, sorry laughs will be on me ...

Not won again. I reckon there were c.13m tickets bought last night. That would mean an 11% chance of winning the jackpot. This could go on for a while yet.
I think this is not good news for the National Lottery. No question of conspiracy, though some will buy into that.
When it gets won there will be a bit of a media boost with the high jackpot but it will dawn on people how difficult it now is to win the jackpot, and back to €2m there should be a big drop in participation. On the other hand do people really distinguish between €2m and €19m? There will always be the birthday brigade who because of FOMO will have to keep playing just in case.

Last edited:
Not won again. I reckon there were c.13m tickets bought last night. That would mean an 11% chance of winning the jackpot. This could go on for a while yet.
I think this is not good news for the National Lottery. No question of conspiracy, though some will buy into that.
When it gets won there will be a bit of a media boost with the high jackpot but it will dawn on people how difficult it now is to win the jackpot, and back to €2m there should be a big drop in participation. On the other hand do people really distinguish between €2m and €19m. There will always be the birthday brigade who because of FOMO will have to keep playing just in case.
The Duke is correct. The last thing most bookmakers want is to be winning everything. They know the percentages and likliehood of wins and they are prime people who know when their clients will cop on bigtime and consequently lose business as a result. I bet the Lottery people are copping onto this too and shortly there will be an array of prizes when jackpots keep rolling over.

Purples idea is good i.e. reduce the numbers, but the Scruffy Murphy gang sorry I mean syndicate put paid to that a few years ago.

Another wrinkle is that Match 5 + Bonus did not win last night (unusual) and that part of the prize fund is carried forward to Saturday so Saturday's draw will be even "better value".

It must have slipped your mind to play on Wednesday too .
Yes, sorry about that. I hope to put an end to this whole sorry jamboree this Saturday. I had to look up which night the draw took place which shows how often I play (or that I'm thick, it could just be that).

Given that it is definitely my turn to win this week, is there an AAM guide for the new lottery winner who has coming into millions? I'm guessing the investment advice side is well covered elsewhere, but in the plan I regularly work out, there is a lot more to it, including;

- Legal / tax advice
- Money management / treasury service
- personal security
- tax efficient sharing of money with family and others (I know which family mortgages I'd like to clear with my €19m)
- confidentiality

Given that it is definitely my turn to win this week, is there an AAM guide for the new lottery winner who has coming into millions? I'm guessing the investment advice side is well covered elsewhere, but in the plan I regularly work out, there is a lot more to it, including;

- Legal / tax advice
- personal security
- tax efficient sharing of money with family and others (I know which family mortgages I'd like to clear with my €19m)
- confidentiality
Don't worry about all of that because I'm going to win this week .....if I do it ...

- Legal / tax advice
- personal security
- confidentiality
Surprised you don't have "buying Bitcoin" on the list ;)

TD links Lotto funds with wider global conspiracy.

Last night’s Lotto was the 53rd consecutive draw where no one claimed the jackpot.. .Fine Gael TD Bernard Durkan, who is on the finance committee, said he has a series of questions to ask those who will appear at Leinster House next week.
“The time has come for some pertinent questions. A lot can happen in six months. Dublin footballers’ unbeaten run came to an end, a summer heatwave came and went, Afghanistan fell to the Taliban, Omicron replaced Delta, Barbados became a Republic and Wally the Walrus visited our shores and left – without winning the Lotto jackpot like the rest of us,” the Kildare North TD said.

TD links Lotto funds with wider global conspiracy.

Last night’s Lotto was the 53rd consecutive draw where no one claimed the jackpot.. .Fine Gael TD Bernard Durkan, who is on the finance committee, said he has a series of questions to ask those who will appear at Leinster House next week.
“The time has come for some pertinent questions. A lot can happen in six months. Dublin footballers’ unbeaten run came to an end, a summer heatwave came and went, Afghanistan fell to the Taliban, Omicron replaced Delta, Barbados became a Republic and Wally the Walrus visited our shores and left – without winning the Lotto jackpot like the rest of us,” the Kildare North TD said.

Did Wally the Walrus buy a ticket?

Back