Whats your Pet Hate?

New pet hate:

Numerous threads about Public Sector and Private sector then newer threads started which supposedly aren't about public sector but really they are and in about 6 more posts it will once again degenerate into public sector v private sector! Boring;)

God yes, let's do a little male/female bashing instead, please. Much more fun.

LOL!!

Who I had in mind was the vacuous types who drone on about labels in BT's, who never have a bob but feel "they're worth it" - the slogan paved on the road to female financial hell, have no time for anyone except where it might suit them. There was a clip of yer wan Aoifffffe from Apprentice, yacking on about how she'd like more Louis Vitton and Jimmy Cho or whatever list of brands she reeled off - I cringed even more that usual !!!!

Ah don't worry about that foot in your mouth, at least you gave us the opportunity to get off the private/public debate for once...:)

1)People who take themselves too seriously (taking yourself seriously at all it too much in my book).

2)People who sweat the little things; there’s very little in life that we should really get upset about. If you and your loved ones are healthy you are 90% of the way there.

3)People who judge others based on what they own/ how much money they have or don’t have/ where they live. If a person is that shallow then they are not worth knowing.

3)People who judge others based on what they own/ how much money they have or don’t have/ where they live. If a person is that shallow then they are not worth knowing.

Easy for you to say in your trophy house...

Posters who refer to there husbands/wives/partners as Mr. (Username) or Mrs. (Username). e.g. Mr Smuglywiggles and I were out shopping.........

Makes me want to puke every time. Sorry.

Posters who refer to there husbands/wives/partners as Mr. (Username) or Mrs. (Username). e.g. Mr Smuglywiggles and I were out shopping.........

This is my current favourite- particularly the Smuglywiggles!

mf

How does Mrs/Mr GarBow feel about that?

People called Smuglywiggles!!!

Men who refer to their wives as 'her indoors'.

I'd never refer to the little woman like that!

Agreed, I think 'The ball and chain' is much more descriptive !! ;)

Anyone see the TV show last night - The Battle of the Sexes?? It was women speaking last night, predictable whining about useless men, how women could have it all if it wasnt for that boys club at the top putting glass ceilings in the way.

Funniest line was, when speaking about pleasing the ladies in bed, one fella defending Irish men said "most men are willing to give it a good go":D ... to howls of derision from the ladies.

It was interesting but flitted through issues with lightning speed so no great depth. Claire Tully, for a TCD grad, came across as a bit thick - she obviously has brains but you'd never think it.

Last edited:
I had an irrational/pet hatred of Thierry Henry for 10 years. It is now quite rational.

Experienced two of my pet hates within an hour on sunday afternoon !

Took the family out for lunch in a quiet pub only for a couple to sit facing us and proceed to snog the faces off of each other, not teenagers either.
All you could hear was smacking lips as they went at it hammer and (literally) tongues. Who wants to watch that ?
Then down to Tescos only to find as usual all the family spaces were taken up and the comings and goings of ignoramuses with no kids too lazy to park elswhere.

Oops, sorry. I'm one of the worst culprits for this. What is acceptable then?

Back