What's making you happy today?

A decent long weekend ahead. Some top notch golf lined up and the promise of a few pints too. Happy Days

finishing work today for 2 and a half weeks, heading to New York for 5 days next wednesday, Yehaa!!!

Planting out my Chinese cabbage, the cat is "helping" me for a few minutes and then dashing back for cover under my beautiful bronze acer tree. I'm nibbling on my blooming Rocket lettuce and eating the odd ripe strawberry. Isn't life great!

horusd,

What does Chinese cabbage taste like? Is it different to Irish cabbage, can you put the bacon on with it? :)

and I am also wondering what is Rocket Lettuce????

Hi cashier. Chinese cabbage is lighter in colour (like a lettuce) and crispier.It doesn't taste as strong as our cabbage. The nearest thing we have would be Savoy. I've eaten it but never grown it before. Looks like it's quite large from what I can find out online. There was very little info on the packet from Lidl. H what it looks like. An easy one to grow that tastes really nice is Pak Choi. Very crunchy, and often used in stir frys. Quite good for you too.

is a leaf veg often in salad mixes. It's a doddle to grow, tastes kind of peppery, but not as strong as say radish. Easy to grow in pots or ground. You'll get seeds at any garden centre.

Last edited:
It didn't quite work out. Neighbour went off for the day and left their side gate to their back garden open and it banged all day caught in a light breeze. Not the first time either.

That happened to me before. I went in and closed it for them.

Robbie Keane is making me very happy at the moment.

Same here !

Slightly surreal experience , watched the game in a bar in Marbella & sitting opposite me viewing the tv positioned above me was Graham Kavanagh - charming , good natured man , I wouldn't fancy being tackled by him though !

And Frank Rijkiard is staying in our hotel , don't know if I'm more gobsmacked by him or his gorgeous partner.

That happened to me before. I went in and closed it for them.

This one can only be latched from the garden side. It's about 7' tall so you can't reach over the top. I will give you a ring next time it happens and you can sort it out.

Well Deise I hope it adds to yer pleasure when I tell you it's miserable in Dublin. Had the heating on this am and last night. Ugh!

The buzz you get from having a secret that noone knows yet that is so fantastic that even working bank holiday Sat, Sun and Mon don't annoy me!

Back