What/What Not to Buy at Lidl/Aldi

Bought a 200g bag of Bombay Mix in Lidl last night for 99c. Good value and great taste, nice and spicy !! :D

No small trollies around here either in Lidl. Also annoyingly the big trollies only have one baby seat on them, so if you have two small children you have to either carry one or have them actually in the trolley.

hi,

did anyone get the 204 piece drill bit set on sale sunday 18th? is it any good and does anyone know if they are still in stock?

shayo

Lidl Mangos are the only properly ripe mangos I have ever found here, also half the price of Dunnes, only 99c

Madagaskar 46% Chocolate in Lidl is also fantastic, can't get enough of it!

No small trollies around here either in Lidl. Also annoyingly the big trollies only have one baby seat on them, so if you have two small children you have to either carry one or have them actually in the trolley.
Why not buy one at a time?

I love children......................................

but I can never eat a whole one:D

At Lidl we buy/bought:-

Sundried tomatoes in oil (in jars) - way cheaper than elsewhere and fine.

Pressed apple juice 1 litre for under €1 - very nice and healthy.

Avocados for about 40c each

Oh and a really great microphone stand for €15

marvellously entertaining thread :D

Just off the top of my head. Theres probably plenty of things I ve forgotten to write about:

Lidl : - Admiral Tinned Salmon
Walnuts (in red bag from california)
Free range Eggs
Cashew Nuts
Spanish Serrano ham
Parma Ham
Brie / Parmesan
Oranges
The soya milk seems kind of sweet and its sweetened which I suspect isnt good for someone who might drink soya as a healthy alternative.

Aldi:- Honey
Spanish Serrano ham
Brie / Parmesan
Tuna (the one I think it has lemon and mayo included is pretty nice)

Smoked salmon in both Aldi and Lidl isnt bad either.
I find all Aldi bread nicer than Lidl bread and I have found for years that mouthwash and shaving foam is miles cheaper in both Aldi and Lidl than anywhere else.
Also the packs of three peppers e.g 1 red , 1 Yellow and 1 green pepper are very much cheaper than in Dunnes (for example) and are of equivalent quality to me as someone who likes to make my own stir fry with fresh ingredients ;)

The instant coffee is kind of strong at Aldi but its good for the price and as long as it contains caffeine its not a problem ;-) . I generally stick to Maxwell House though. I cant stand nescafe (it tastes nutty and non coffeelike to me and I dont know why) but Im aware some people have the exact opposite view and dislike maxwell and like nescafe.

And for somebody whos into those probiotic yogurt drinks, the ones in Aldi (of an unfamiliar brand) are reasonably priced for a pack of 8.

Interestingly ( for a supposedly 'cheap' ,'downmarket' store), Lidl in Moore Street now appears to have an organic fruit and vege section.

Edit* added in a few hours later:

LIDL: Green Tea by the Nelson Company to the List. The price difference is pretty significant compared to elsewhere for a similar product.

DITTO the CIEN moisturising cream at LIDL which I find useful to apply after shaving.

Sign, as a soya drinker myself, I agree with you that the Lidl stuff isn't great because it's sweetened. Aldi is the place to go for the unsweetened soya.
Both Aldi and Lidl in Drogheda offer organic fruit/veg - haven't compared prices with other supermarkets though, anyone made the comparison?

DrM - wunderbar link :D

What do you guys think of this Sunday's offer of the satellite dish. I'd like to change from NTL and get a dish and this seems reasonable. What problems might arise. I don't know if my television - a JVC - is digital but I can find out. My husband says he heard on the radio a while back that some people let NTL disconnect them but when they got a satellite dish the NTL crowd took it. I didn't hear the programme but it doesn't seem right to me that something on your house can be taken like that.

I don't know if my television - a JVC - is digital but I can find out.
Your TV does not need to be digital to connect up a digital satellite receiver!
My husband says he heard on the radio a while back that some people let NTL disconnect them but when they got a satellite dish the NTL crowd took it.
Huh?! Are you absolutely sure that this was the story? Sounds very implausible to me.

I know a man that buys the lidl cooking oil at about 50 cents a litre and uses it in his land rover, its a bit smokey though

Back